in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-17-2010 2:50 PM by jmac69. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-25-2007 12:06 PM

Beosystem 1 and Zektor

Can anyone explain to me the setup? What port does the IR control goto? Does it use standard Zektor IR codes or do I have to teach it? Any other info would be useful.

Regards

Eric

• 09-25-2007 4:23 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosystem 1 and Zektor

My friend BeoJeff (who pops his head in these forums can help you)... Jeff are you around???

-Sal
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 09-26-2007 2:44 PM In reply to

• Beophile
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 42
    • Bronze Member

The IR control comes from the V.Aux IR output.  If you are going to use an device for V.Aux then you will need to split the IR signal to go to both the Zecktor and the other device.  The Beosystem 1 has the codes for the HDS4 device as long as you have at least AP software version 4.9 and ccdb 4.7a . Also make use you indicate that you aqre using the Xecktor box in the settings.  I'm not sure if the newer HDS4.1 uses the same codes....I would call Zecktor to check.  However, if you have a newer HDS4.1 I think you can train it to use any code.  Hope this helps.....enjoy.
    Filed under:
  • 01-17-2010 2:50 PM In reply to

• jmac69
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-17-2010
    • Toronto, Canada
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

I have an AppleTV, a Satellite HD set top box, and a BluRay player wired through the Zektor switch.  I've recently just added the BluRay player, and everything is working fine with one exception:  I can't figure out how to get the IR codes for the BD player to be signalled properly.  In order to get the image displayed when I hit the "DVD" button, I had to select Generic YPbPr in the "DVD" External Sources menu option.  However, if I do this, how does the BS1 know what brand of DVD/BD player I'm using?  Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Jmac

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)