in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-02-2007 3:40 PM by Ehlerz. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-25-2007 3:02 AM

Lighting and Beo4

Hi All

After having read a lot about the possibilities for controling lights with your Beo4(lutron, dinalights etc.) i need some help understanding the setup. As i understand the above solutions are part of a greater operation and this is not possible in my appartment. I need a solution where i can "JUST" change the switch in my wall without adding a lot of other things and rewiring. With this in mind,  Are there any alternatives to LC2??

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 09-25-2007 3:24 AM In reply to

Re: Lightning and Beo4

Hi I wall mounted my LC2's. Usually theres only a pair of wires and an earth feeding a standard switch. The LC2's actually need a +ve and a -ve  and an earth at the switch outlet to operate. To achieve this the lighting circuit needs to be rewired slightly. Worth doing though as the LC2's look great on the wall. They also offer the user the the option of manual operation as per a traditional light switch. On, off, dim or raise lighting as well as full functionality via the BEO4 which permits each LC2 to be operated on its own.

PaulJ

• 09-25-2007 4:34 AM In reply to

pjono2003:

Hi I wall mounted my LC2's. Usually theres only a pair of wires and an earth feeding a standard switch. The LC2's actually need a +ve and a -ve  and an earth at the switch outlet to operate. To achieve this the lighting circuit needs to be rewired slightly. Worth doing though as the LC2's look great on the wall. They also offer the user the the option of manual operation as per a traditional light switch. On, off, dim or raise lighting as well as full functionality via the BEO4 which permits each LC2 to be operated on its own.

PaulJ

The problem is that LC 2 are not produced anynmore. Furthermore i do not find the Lc 2 very discrete. I am looking for a discrete solution that will not need a whole lot of electric work beeing done..

• 09-25-2007 8:26 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

In short you dont have asny options as the lutron graphic eye is more difficult to instal and needs alteration to the wiring
  • 09-25-2007 8:47 AM In reply to

355f:
    In short you dont have asny options as the lutron graphic eye is more difficult to instal and needs alteration to the wiring

hmmm. I was afraid this was the case. I hope very much that B&O comes up with an alternative to LC2, a tiny box you simply click on your wires would be nice. :-) Think it is a shame that you have no chance of achieving the light functionalities without having to rearrange your whole electrical system.... 

• 09-25-2007 9:59 AM In reply to

You might want to look at Lintronic. It has perfect integration, flawless operation, and with X-10 installation could not be easier or more discreet.
  • 09-27-2007 6:59 AM In reply to

beo-ap:
    You might want to look at Lintronic. It has perfect integration, flawless operation, and with X-10 installation could not be easier or more discreet.

Hi.. i have considered lintronic, however having searched their website i see no easy integration in an already established electricalsystem.

It still seems you need some kind of server controling everything. This means wires must go through the server and round the house.

I guess i just have to live without even though i am not happy to.... :-(

• 09-30-2007 9:07 PM In reply to

Well, in fact Lintronic does sell x-10 which uses your existing home wiring. No additional anything required other than very discreet plug in modules or easy to install replacements for you wall switches. Again, it is specifically designed to use the existing electrical system of the house.

You don't even have to purchase the x-10 modules from Lintronic.

In USA look at x10.com

In UK, http://www.simplyautomate.co.uk/

In Spain, http://www.domoticaviva.com/X-10/X-10.htm

In Denmark, www.lintronic.dk

I assume many many others. Perhaps x-10 is also available in your country.

• 10-01-2007 2:19 AM In reply to

beo-ap:

Well, in fact Lintronic does sell x-10 which uses your existing home wiring. No additional anything required other than very discreet plug in modules or easy to install replacements for you wall switches. Again, it is specifically designed to use the existing electrical system of the house.

You don't even have to purchase the x-10 modules from Lintronic.

In USA look at x10.com

In UK, http://www.simplyautomate.co.uk/

In Spain, http://www.domoticaviva.com/X-10/X-10.htm

In Denmark, www.lintronic.dk

I assume many many others. Perhaps x-10 is also available in your country.

Thanks Beo-ap.

I will look into this and maybe ask an electrician if he knows anything about this or other solutions.

• 10-01-2007 9:48 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-02-2007 7:18 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Re: Lighting and Beo4

Ehlerz:

Hi All

After having read a lot about the possibilities for controling lights with your Beo4(lutron, dinalights etc.) i need some help understanding the setup. As i understand the above solutions are part of a greater operation and this is not possible in my appartment. I need a solution where i can "JUST" change the switch in my wall without adding a lot of other things and rewiring. With this in mind,  Are there any alternatives to LC2??

There are Lutron options, they have their own controller which works with B&O and they can contol blinds and its a simple install. Suitable for apartment dwellers...

Australian pricing. Damn close to US dollars although US units are cheaper.

GBO-3104-T-CE-WH  4 zone controller black translucent top white bottom $1,900 GBO-3106-T-CE-WH 6 Zone Controller black translucenttop white bottom $2200
    GBO-3104-T-SN 4 zone controller black translucent top Satin Nickel Metal bottom $2200
    GBO-3106-T-SN 6 Zone controller back translucent top Satin Nickle Metal Bottom $2600
    GRX-AV $800.00

Contact your local Lutron dealer. They will send out instructions that a local electrician can install to most existing wiring systems.

beoaus

• 10-02-2007 3:40 PM In reply to

Re: Lighting and Beo4

beoaus:
    Ehlerz:

Hi All

There are Lutron options, they have their own controller which works with B&O and they can contol blinds and its a simple install. Suitable for apartment dwellers...

Australian pricing. Damn close to US dollars although US units are cheaper.

GBO-3104-T-CE-WH  4 zone controller black translucent top white bottom $1,900 GBO-3106-T-CE-WH 6 Zone Controller black translucenttop white bottom $2200
    GBO-3104-T-SN 4 zone controller black translucent top Satin Nickel Metal bottom $2200
    GBO-3106-T-SN 6 Zone controller back translucent top Satin Nickle Metal Bottom $2600
    GRX-AV $800.00

Contact your local Lutron dealer. They will send out instructions that a local electrician can install to most existing wiring systems.

beoaus

WOW!!!! At these prices it would be no problem to just rewire all electricity in my appartment.... Or even hire a person full time to switch my lights on and off when i clap my hands...Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)