in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-28-2007 5:15 PM by Craig. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-19-2007 1:21 PM

• Stupot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

help please, replacement battery for Beocom 4

Hi all, 

Does anyone know where I can source a new battery for my Beocom 4 from? 

My dealer has suggested that I return it to them to be sent off for repair, no doubt at an extortionate price.  Apparently, the battery is a non user serviceable part.  Despite the fact I am more than capable of removing the cover, and unplugging the battery, its hardly rocket science. Come on B&O, I love the phone, dont let me down with the service. 

Over the last couple of days, the phone has started displaying the message "CHARGE BATTERY" despite the fact that its been charged.  Its about 3 years old and has seen normal use.  

Would be grateful for any advice, or help.

Stuart.
    Filed under:
  • 04-19-2007 1:47 PM In reply to

Re: help please, replacement battery for Beocom 4

Stuart,

Well actually, the problem may not be the battery.

In the earlier versions apparantly there was an intermittent fault in the software that measures the battery capacity. The software believes the charge is lower than it actually is. A new software version was implemented in December 2003 to take it to version 1.7 which solved the problem.

This maybe your problem.

Keith..

Regards Keith....

• 04-19-2007 1:49 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Don't know your location but these are genuine B&O batteries (I bought some for my BC6000) and he's a very reliable Ebay UK seller.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Bang-Olufsen-B-O-Beocom-4-Battery-2-4V_W0QQitemZ330111072514QQihZ014QQcategoryZ86805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-19-2007 1:50 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

There is one one Ebay at the moment on a Buy It Now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Bang-Olufsen-B-O-Beocom-4-Battery-2-4V_W0QQitemZ330111072514QQihZ014QQcategoryZ86805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CraigBig Smile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-19-2007 1:50 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Damn too slow.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-19-2007 2:00 PM In reply to

• Stupot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Wow guys, talk about a quick service.  I'll be sure to check them out.

Thanks 
  • 04-19-2007 2:02 PM In reply to

• Stupot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

@ Keith, 

I guess the Software update has to be performed by the dealer?

Stuart
  • 04-19-2007 2:15 PM In reply to

Stuart,

Yes this is a dealer job, they have to download the software update, so its not a chip change.

You could check to see what software version you have at present by going into the service menu. Almost all B&O products have some sort of service menu. I think you need to press 9 - #  - 9 - #  - 9 - * - ///

You will get handset software version, then Base software version followed by

Display contrast, delete phonebook, user default, serial number, IPEI number and production date.

Keith..

Regards Keith....

• 04-19-2007 2:25 PM In reply to

• Stupot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Guys, just to say thanks v much.  You all rock.

I had searched ebay looking for that battery and come up blank. Dont know what I was doing wrong, but your assistance really is much appreciated.

Keith, right now I cant even keep the phone on for long enough to enter that code, which makes me lean towards it being a battery problem.  I take your point about the software telling it to shut down though, so if the new battery doesnt work, it will be going back to the dealer.  At least I'll only be 9 quid down (until I get their bill...)

This is the second time I've used this forum, and the second time I've got quick practical advice.  Thank you all again so much.

Stuart.
  • 04-19-2007 2:57 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Stupot:
    Guys, just to say thanks v much.  You all rock.
    This is the second time I've used this forum, and the second time I've got quick practical advice.  Thank you all again so much.

Stuart.

Thats what we are here for.Wink

CraigBig Smile 

• 04-24-2007 2:57 PM In reply to

• Stupot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Hi all, 

Despite your expert advice, the phone is still not right.  I got the new battery from eBay yesterday, fitted it and left it turned off and charging overnight.  I came home from work today, and  turned it on.  After thirty mins, the red light is flashing again, and the information says CHARGE BATTERY.

Super annoying, but I'm glad I'm not too badly out of pocket.

Unless anyone has any more words of wisdom, its back to the dealer for me.

btw Keith, I couldnt get that code thing to work.  not sure about some of the buttons you wrote.  I dont suppose it matters terribly anyway as it might diagnose a problem but not fix it.

Thanks again

Stuart
  • 05-28-2007 4:10 PM In reply to

• Stupot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Just for those that might be interested in this in the future, I finally got round to taking the Beocom 4 to the dealers for fixing.  It transpires there was a problem with the PCB, and a replacement will be about £70.00.

Thanks again to those who replied.
  • 05-28-2007 5:15 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Glad you got it sorted in the end.

CraigBig Smile 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)