in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-28-2007 2:37 AM by eduard. 94 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (95 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-21-2007 10:22 AM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Interview with Torben Ballegaard Sørensen!

Well - it just gets better !!  Big Smile

Bang & Olufsen have now offered BeoWorld a personal interview with the main man himself - Torben Ballegaard Sørensen !

I have been cordially invited to spend a small amount of time with him, and suggested putting forward questions from BeoWorld members directly to him on your behalf.  This has been given the thumbs-up, and i now have 10 days for you all to come up with your best questions.

I have no guidelines as such, but as the thread takes shape it will become clear (hopefully) what we all wish to ask him.  This really is a hotline to the top, and a very rare opportunity to get an insight into the man that is guiding Bang & Olufsen into the future.

Please all remember, it may be me in front of him - but i am purely a representative of every single member of BeoWorld.  It's your site - so let's have your questions..

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-21-2007 10:32 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: Interview with Torben Ballegaard Sørensen!

1st question, have you ever been more nervous Lee?! Big Smile wow thats amazing amazing news!! I'm shocked.

Mr. Torben Ballegaard Sørensen, are there any big changes proposed for the future? 

Do you log on to the BeoWorld Website regularly? Ah i'm sure he is a very very busy man Wink

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-21-2007 10:48 AM In reply to

Wow, really great news Lee!!

Now of course there are a lot of interessting quiestions around. But i think the best are basic questions, general questions about for example qualitiy, design etc.

- What i would like to know is how B&O will continue regarding the overall quality of their products. things like having a HDR in a BV9 that is connected with a cheap scart cable is just not B&O like, or how about the SD Card thing, BS2,3 and 4 have it, now BS6 not anymore. How is that going, any continuity in this to make the customer more sure about technology?

- I see and saw that most software provided from B&O is for Windows only, or only realy useable with windows. As a lot of B&O customers are also Mac users, i would like to know how he thinks about this. Is Mac support just a niche in the future, or will it be made by B&O itself. Because to rely just on 3rd party applications that may also disappear is not really satisfying.

• 09-21-2007 2:24 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I'll be nervous if i don't have any questions!

Come on guys.. Smile

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-21-2007 2:34 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

a) if the relationship with Samsung will increase in the future.

b) What will happen to the BnO design ,after D.Lewis is retired. 

• 09-21-2007 2:39 PM In reply to

Ask him what's his avatar name on Beoworld, and if he says he does not have an account, you can explain him that he can win a prize every month if he gets gold!
  • 09-21-2007 2:41 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

(1) Is the future of B & O relegated more and more to niche and ultra-luxury markets? (prospect of the Beosound 5 comes to mind)

(2) Why was the Beo5's configuration left to dealers alone? If the Beo5 could have been positioned as the best universal remote bar none, it would have garnered an entry for those unfamiliar with B & O into our world.

(3) Is there a prospect for true wireless masterlink. Beolink wireless is as such rather crippled in that respect.

(4) Does B & O have plans for a middle-end home theater solution (rather than having to troll eBay for a used Beosystem 1). Some folks live in small flats that have no need for the mass expandibility and capabilities of a BS3, but have no need for an all in one solution like a BV9 or BV7.

(5) The Beosound 6 seemed like a departure from trend-setting aesthetic and look and feel of the more recent B & O products.

(6) Does B & O take design and UI queues from any other companies, stated in another way: are there companies whose ethos B & O admires, and would like to work in parallel with?

(7) Having seen A8 and Form 2's on Apple Store shelves, I echo many users' sentiments for a closer relationship with Apple inc. Is this in the works?

(8) B & O have set trends in that they only adopt new technologies when they are fleshed out and not necessarily in their infancy. The rumors regarding the Beosound 5 seem to be that it will truly set a precedent in adopting the ethic of "media" based entertainment in a flagship system. What demographic does B & O aim for in this uber-expensive, futurist approach to bringing a product to market. A product which is just a tad too far ahead of it's time may not exactly be the road to profit for B & O.

As you can tell I have a break at work!

(9) B & O has been working with partner firms for a while now. Sausalito Audio Works, and it's latest media partner... What future firms does B & O plan to partner with, if he can't name names, can he point to a direction B & O is headed in the way of what direction he thinks the consumer electronics industry is headed?

(10) Does B & O ever plan on having a uniform product mix worldwide (rather than have a set of products available on one continent) when the other continent(s) have to wait.

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.

Ask him about the push they want to do in home automation.

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

wtlc2zpx:
    Ask him what's his avatar name on Beoworld, and if he says he does not have an account, you can explain him that he can win a prize every month if he gets gold!

I know his avatar name !Mr Torben is Bingo! puahahah Laughing

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Apologies (5) wasn't really a question: WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????
  • 09-21-2007 2:43 PM In reply to

Sal:

(3) Is there a prospect for true wireless masterlink. Beolink wireless is as such rather crippled in that respect.

You know they have updated the Beolink wireless and it is more like a wireless masterlink now... 

• 09-21-2007 2:45 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Q. Does he love or hate Marmite?
  • 09-21-2007 2:47 PM In reply to

Like Apple, B&O does not discuss unreleased products... you may get that as an answer quite often, unfortunately...
  • 09-21-2007 3:00 PM In reply to

Are they studying Beoworld to see what our are reactions are towards their products (being aware that we do not represent the typical customer)
  • 09-21-2007 3:06 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Q. What's his favourite B&O product?
  • 09-21-2007 3:07 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Nice one Lee!
    I bet you are really concerned that you might dry up a blurt out a load of incoherent waffle.
    When you have collated your chosen questions,write a couple of key words on your left little finger out of sight.
    Do you need a photographer?
    Ask him about getting a link to Beoworld on the official site.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-21-2007 3:11 PM In reply to

He probably won't tell you much about their future plans.  However I do have a request.

Please tell him many members of the Beoworld North American forum would like to be able to purchase the Beovision 7 32" version when it becomes available.

Thanks 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 09-21-2007 4:08 PM In reply to

I don 't have any questions.
  • 09-21-2007 4:13 PM In reply to

Bingo:
    I don 't have any questions.

Too busy compiling your answers to the quiz? Smile 

• 09-21-2007 4:17 PM In reply to

• archie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 497
    • Bronze Member

Which audio and video  product he have in her home ?

DU BEAU, DU BON, DU BO.

• 09-21-2007 4:40 PM In reply to

I don't think it would be a good idea to ask him technical questions as he is financial minded person.

I would like to know if he ever owned any B&O before he started at B&O, If he was a real beonist haw can he approve BV8 Confused

• 09-21-2007 5:29 PM In reply to

• Yendys
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 100
    • Founder

That’s very interesting “Bang & Olufsen have now offered BeoWorld a personal interview”

What is the future strategy for B&O? (Where does he see future growth for the company and its product?)

How will the convergence of PC/Audio/Video (Digital Media) affect the future of B&O products?

BV10, AvantDVD, BS3000, BL8000, BL6000, BL4000, BL3500, BeoPorts, BC9300, BC7002, CX100s, C75s, Beo4s, BC6000s, LC2s, A9, A8s,

• 09-21-2007 5:38 PM In reply to

For us in the US, can you ask him if they will offer a more complete TV program anytime in the near future? We do not have all the models, we are missing the small TV. This came up quite a lot over the last year the the NA forum.

Cheers
    JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 09-21-2007 6:32 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Having met him when he first started with B&O, I had the privilege to meet him at a seminar in Australia. Back then there was talk of going into the commercial market, so my first question is:

1.) Is there a market for B&O in the commercial environment and what happened to talks and plans of it?

2.) How are they handling the French market with the plans to cease analogue transmission as early as 2008, how can B&O justify BeoVision 8 if the company is to be seen as a leader in the market?

3.) What is B&O's position on the Blue-Ray/ HD DVD battle, where do they see the market heading? And in the past he has said that his aim was to get the company releasing products much earlier (DVD1 took way too long) than in the past, if so when can we expect a replacement for standard DVD?

4.) Is there any plans for beolink wirless to be extended for use in the rear speakers in surround sound setups?

Thankyou.
  • 09-21-2007 6:40 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

wtlc2zpx:
    Sal:

You know they have updated the Beolink wireless and it is more like a wireless masterlink now... 

Really? I should read up on it... Thanks!
Page 1 of 4 (95 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >