in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-22-2007 5:48 PM by mavison. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-19-2007 11:56 AM

BV7 STB Controller

Is there an up-to-date list available online of what the BV7 STB controller will ... umm ... control? (Note I do not have one - yet!)

I am particularly interested in the Sony VTX-D800U (a simple Freeview STB), the Panasonic DMR-EX85 (Freeview+Analog HDD+DVD recorder), and the Panasonic DMR-E55 (DVD recorder).

My dealer is recommending the Topfield TF5800 (2xFreeview HDD recorder) which sounds nice and apparently is on the controller list, but I am not sure I can do without the DVD recorder. Anyone know if you can record from the Topfield HDD to an external DVD recorder (eg Panasonic DMR-E55) ?

Thanks

Filed under:
  • 04-19-2007 2:32 PM In reply to

Re: BV7 STB Controller

I have a Panasonic DMR-EH60D which I use with a B&O DVD controller. I don't have the correct codes for all functions but I can work it with my Beo4 to turn it on and change channels. (I can record onto disc etc. Still working out all the functions but it is pretty intuitive. The recorders listed are the 50 and the 54D - I am using the 54D codes. I would be surprised if you could not use the DVD controller to work the EX85 which sounds pretty similar to the 60D. Alternatively, go the Lintronic route.
  • 04-20-2007 7:30 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

i once was told by a dealer that the list was regularly updated. if he recommands a product, he should know if you can controll it via beo4. my former dealer also told me, that he could send a decoder to struer to have b&o add it to the list... never heard of it after though...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-21-2007 4:06 AM In reply to

The list is invariably out of date! Luckily for us, other companies do tend to keep the same codes for some products so there are instances of products working with older products codes. I'll put the present lists up somewhere in the manual list! I'll make a section for the STB-C and put it there - I'll put it in the TV section this afternoon. Just so you know, the instructions for the STB-C are available in the individual section for each TV in a large number of languages. Some are specific to that set. I'll post when I have done it!
  • 04-21-2007 11:51 AM In reply to

• Marder
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 5
    • Silver Member

The STB list is frequently updated, but now the dealers has the possibility to custom make STB-list there by being able to combine STB’s from the different  lists which before was impossible – much to my disappointment ;-/

When there are new additions to the list it is the dealers from the different regions that send STB’s to DK to get them in the list - there by getting the most used STB's from each region in the STB-list(s). This will take some time but it works.

/Mads

• 04-21-2007 2:05 PM In reply to

• abre
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Silver Member

You may be interested that B&O have a DVB-T tuner to replace the BV7's analogue one, this is due for sale in May as a retrofit upgrade according to my local dealer, it will also interface with a card reader for TopUp TV subscriptions, I'm certainly adding one to my BV7-32 as the current 4 ch of analogue are a total waste of time for me.  I understand that it will also fit some of the older CRT models such as the Avant (dealer discovered this when he was reading the spec to me over the phone)...

Andrew
  • 04-22-2007 5:48 PM In reply to

Yes - but see my other thread  BV7 Freeview module  in which I asked for clarification of whether the new DVB-T tuner was a REPLACEMENT for the analog tuner, or in ADDITION to the Analog tuner.

I had been told it was a replacement, but the consensus was that it was in addition.

Perhaps there are two slots for tuners, in which there can be any two of Analog, DVB-T and DVB-S? 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)