in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-20-2007 12:58 AM by Ruivar. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-18-2007 3:29 AM

• Ruivar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-12-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Bronze Member

Power- and Masterlink cables

Hi there,

I need lots of cables for my new setup. Both Power- and Masterlink cables. And net cables aswell. So does anybody know if the Bosscom cables are just as good as original B&O cables? I reckon that Bosscom might be cheaper than B&O??

Greetings

Ruivar

Filed under: ,
  • 09-18-2007 5:27 AM In reply to

Re: Power- and Masterlink cables

Bosscom have a good reputation and I am sure are fine. I would make sure that the Powerlink cables are the correct spec for the speakers you plan to use though.
  • 09-18-2007 9:34 AM In reply to

• Ruivar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-12-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Bronze Member

Hi Peter,

I'm going to use the Powerlink cables for Beolab 2 and Beolab 3. How do I know which cables suit these speakers? I didn't know that there is more than one kind of Powerlink cables available?...

Ruivar

• 09-18-2007 9:53 AM In reply to

Beolab 3s require mk3 cables which have extra shielding. ICE powered speakers are more prone to hum than the older AB type.
  • 09-19-2007 12:43 AM In reply to

• Ruivar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-12-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Bronze Member

Thank you.

I wasn't at all aware of that...

Ruivar

• 09-19-2007 4:17 AM In reply to

My advice for everybody is, forget about different the types of powerlink cable, only use the 8/8 connected which is MKII (the thick one).  The cost difference is slight and the cable is then in place for all BeoLab speakers should you change your set up.  There is no downside for using these cables so it may pay in the long run, for future BeoLab purchases.
  • 09-19-2007 4:35 AM In reply to

Can't disagree with this advice. Do Bosscom do a fully wired Powerlink cable and is there much cost difference between theirs and the B&O ones?
  • 09-20-2007 12:58 AM In reply to

• Ruivar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-12-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

I talked to Bosscom yesterday, and they said that their cables are completely identical to B&O's. So they must be pretty good...

I've got some price examples on Bosscom cables: 10 meter Powerlink cost 324 DKr. - about 30.38 GBP. And 10 meter Masterlink cost 558 DKr. - about 52.32 GBP.

They come in many different lenghts. From 0.5 meters to 30 meters, and in the colors black or white. Both for the Power- and Masterlink cables.

All this said, I don't know what original B&O cables cost though. Anybody know that??

Ruivar

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)