in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-19-2007 1:36 PM by mr_anders_son. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-19-2007 10:01 AM

beovision 9 - design discussion

i find it beovision 9 very odd looking tv after beovision 5's ultrasleek look. rounded edges are okay but this speaker on the center looks disturbing. okay, it blends very well with beolab 3's, 5's and 9's but that's about it. what's the point really? if it's soundwise then it lacks designwise a lot.

just a thought. i saw it alive on dealer last week with beolab 9's around it.
  • 04-19-2007 10:23 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: beovision 9 - design discussion

i remember this discussion on the old forum (and if i remember well, there even was a poll about it Stick out tongue)

you quoted one of the main arguments for the lense in the center of the kit: it matches the ALT speaker perfectly. it has to be at the place where it is for that the viewer can have the best possible sound quality when he sits right in front of the tv. that is by the way why the tv is slightly tilted to the back. if the lense had been at the top, it would have been much mor difficult to integrate it into the whole design.

imho, bv9 is one of the best designs of the last years. the edges look very distinguished, the proportions are much better than on the bv5 with it's half speaker half monitor... put a pair of bl9 next to it and you have one of the best looking and best performing setups there is.

i like the look, but what is much more important the sound of the lense, but i can understand if you disagree about that.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-19-2007 10:29 AM In reply to

I thought the BV9 was too large, but had the opportunity to watch it in a home setting recently, and it's perfect. Was surprised by how right the shape/size seemed, compared to my worries about it.
    And personally I really like the center speaker being placed there. It's not standing out at all, in my opinion. Consider other center speaker solutions, and how obtrusive they are. This one is actually very discrete.

Just my opinion. After not wanting a BV9, that experience made me begin thinking "Hummm..."

:-)

• 04-19-2007 12:06 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I agree with the last two comments!

The overall shape and perspective seems much more balanced than the BeoVision 5, and more elgant. Of course B&O designed it to fit in line with the ALT speakers and not much else. They aren't going to design it with the older speakers as a priority, as let's face it the BeoLab 6000s & 8000s have been in the range for over 16 years now (longest running products in the B&O range, ever?) and their time is most probably drawing near unless they plan to upgrade them to ICE Power (ala BeoLab 4000). It would be incredibly illogical to design their latest TV with the much older products more in mind than their newer products.

Performance wise, as well the ALT makes the BeoVision 9 a much MUCH better contender than the BeoVision 5 (stereo speakers as a centre channel often sounds a little strange).

All in all, sit a BeoVision 5 next to a BeoVision 9 and it will look a bit dated (although still stands out by itself as an amazing design).

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-19-2007 12:12 PM In reply to

I remember when I first saw the BV9, I really was not a fan of the ALT centre speaker, but after seeing it first hand (along with the picture quality, the BS3 and the size) I really am a fan of it).

As has been said it really does make the BV5 look dated.

Nicholas
  • 04-19-2007 1:16 PM In reply to

it's just odd that speaker pops up from the front. it would have been even better if it would actually "pop-up" when tv is switch on. and hide when switch off.

i'm sure tv itself is fantastic! it will produce a sound and picture you only can imagine. 
  • 04-19-2007 1:36 PM In reply to

I thought that to when I saw it on picture, but when I went to Milan and saw it there: AMAZING MUST HAVE
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)