in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-19-2007 5:49 AM by marcus_m. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-16-2007 1:49 PM

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Beo4 Query

I've just become the proud possessor of an AV9000 (yay a lot) & I'm trying to figure out the Beo 4. I'm not actually using the AV1 slot for the VCR as I need the scarts for DVD & Freeview. I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to reassign a button on the Beo 4, not just put one in the list. For example - I'd like to link the SAT button to the V-Tape 2 command as I don't use this button & it makes a logical sort of sense.

Any suggestions guys? Embarrassed

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 09-16-2007 5:23 PM In reply to

Re: Beo4 Query

I like the design of these TVs and considered buying one for a second bedroom, but is it really a worthwhile purchase considering that the tubes could go at anytime and I am guessing are not replaceable? Your thoughts appreciated. With thanks, Simon.
    "We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 09-16-2007 5:46 PM In reply to

PD: think the best option is a lintronic box IMO

Beonic

The tube in LX-MX and AV9000 is very good and has no problems like the bigger 16/9 tubes Smile

• 09-16-2007 5:49 PM In reply to

Pretty sure they are hard keys so not possible - you need to use the List. I use the AVX2 so I can have many things attached to the AV9000. I have the V,Tape attached to AV1 and a Sky box worked by a STB-C, a DVD-R/Freeview device worked by the DVD controller and a Nintendo Wii attached to AV2. And they all work!!

The picture on the AV9000 is one of the best available and my screen has less than 100 hours on it! Very much worth having!!  

• 09-17-2007 2:26 AM In reply to

The tube in the AV9000 is the same as that fitted to the MX6000 so replacement is not a problem given the number of cheap MX6000's on the secondhand market. I understand that nobby has done this repair with complete success.

Regards Graham

• 09-18-2007 8:02 PM In reply to

hi,

quick q on the beo4 / a bit OT -just got my first, and perused manuals here and elsewhere + what was apparently the start of a beo4 faq on this site...
    my stupid question: is the display always on? or does it go to sleep / can it be turned off?

TIA!
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 09-18-2007 8:27 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Display stays on. Uses next to nil power though, so not to worry. Smile

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-18-2007 8:50 PM In reply to

david-

thx for the fast response! good to hear, besides power i suppose i am worried about any type of possible "burn-in" -is that (can that) be an issue? -or is not a problem? btw, love it so far!

thx again!
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 09-18-2007 9:13 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Absolutely no issues there, this remote has been in production for a long time, remaining practically unchanged for almost a decade! Smile

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-19-2007 4:14 AM In reply to

Agree 100% with David. I have seen many many Beo4's and have never seen a screen with any burn in.

The batteries will last so long you will forget when you last changed them! 

Regards Graham

• 09-19-2007 4:26 AM In reply to

Graham, can the SW of the Beo4 be changed by reprogramming or does one always have to change the pcb? I'd like have N.MUSIC instead of A.TAPE2 on one of my Beo4's.

Marcus 

• 09-19-2007 4:37 AM In reply to

No you cannot... you can only configure the List button.

If you use N.MUSIC a lot you can place N.MUSIC first in the list.

• 09-19-2007 4:39 AM In reply to

Reprogramming is not possible I'm afraid. The only way is to change the pcb.

Regards Graham

• 09-19-2007 5:49 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:
    Reprogramming is not possible I'm afraid. The only way is to change the pcb.

Bummer! Maybe I'll get a "old" pcb in the future, as don't need V.MEM and so on from the latest version for my AV5. I even don't need the DVD button..... let's see, they sometimes pop up on ebay.

Can you tell the version of the SW from a sticker or something else without switching the pcb on?

Marcus 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)