in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-16-2007 2:26 PM by mfirst. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-16-2007 1:17 PM

Custom Beo4 and BS3200?

OK, I am sure this have been covered before - but I cant find a good answer.  Nice relaxing Sunday, playing around with my Beo4 and BS3200..... does any have a list or know of some of the customization that I can do?  Will adding additional buttons on my 4 do anything?  Special codes on the 3200?  How do I directly enter radio station frequencies (rather than program #)?  Other fun stuff?

thanks

-michael 

• 09-16-2007 2:04 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Re: Custom Beo4 and BS3200?

If it is only your Beo 4 and your BS 3200, you have options with CD, Radio AM, Radio FM, TIME, and recording to the hard drive.If you are sitting directly next to the BS 3200 unit, you may be able to read the display. Mine is across the room, so I rely on the Beo 4 display which up til now ( meaning Beo 5 ) has been monochrome colour, one way.

Other options you might like::

1.Using the A.AUX connector port: MP3 Player, IPOD, Home Theatre, CD and DVD playback, PC/MAC sound amplifier. All are program options via the Beo 4.

2.Using Beoport+ Beomedia: Here is where is really becomes interesting and enjoyable. N.RADIO stations around the world, N.MUSIC, TV (depending where you live)  PHOTO, VIDEO, Internet stations. Again, you list the options via the Beo 4. Given the excellent quality and choices with  N.RADIO, I have since removed the external antennae (AM/FM) and select favorites, and surf the Internet radio sampling other choices B & O provides. 7000 + at last count.

3. Using Masterlink / Beowireless: Adding M-L cables, you can extend your BS3200 sound described above to other rooms, using the Beo 4 to initiate, select, and control the sound from your BS 3200. Using the Beo 4 you can program each room as a separate " Zone " the way you would like. Louder in one, softer in another, more Bass, Treble, etc.

These are the basics, which one follows and enters from the Beo 4 guide. I'm hopeful that others will chime in on this post and offer more ideas as well.

• 09-16-2007 2:26 PM In reply to

Re: Custom Beo4 and BS3200?

Sounds like you have a lot of experience.  I currently have my Aux connected to an Airport Express so I can stream music from iTunes wirelessly - which is GREAT.  However, I have to unplug this to connect to my TV (which is not B&O).  I do have a PC2 which is sitting unused in a box (purchase many years ago) which I cant figure out how to use it - although I do also have an old PC laptop which I may be able to use as a music server - although how is this better than iTunes?  I do have a BS1 in another room, which I know cant be linked to anything (although can I plug the Aux from the BS1 to the PC2 and M-L that to my BS3200?)

Using the Beo4 still is a headache - even though I love the feel - as I cant find anyway of setting up or doing tricks with it like other members of this forum - hence my post.

-michael 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)