in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-06-2010 3:32 AM by kallasr. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2007 2:28 PM

HELP WITH A BEOSYSTEM 2 OUTPUT TO NON BV 4 !

I WONDER IF ANYONE CAN HELP.........

I HAVE RECENTLY AQUIRED A BEOSYSTEM 2 AND WOULD BE VERY GRATFULL FOR ANY HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE.

MY INTENTION WAS TO USE THE SYSTEM TO HANDLE THE SOUND ONLY - I HAVE TWO BL 8000'S, TWO BL 6000'S AND A BL 2 WOOFER. CURRENTLY I HAVE AN ELABORATE ARRANGEMENT USING A BEOSOUND 2300 AND SWITCHING BOXES PROVIDING SURROUND SOUND FROM AN AV AMP WHEN NEEDED. IT ALL WORKS OK USING A SYSTEMLINE PROGRAMMABLE REMOTE BUT I THOUGHT THAT THE ADDITION OF A BEOSYSTEM 2 WOULD ALLOW ME TO INTEGRATE THE SOUND FAR BETTER AND CONTROL VOLUME ETC FROM THE BEO 4 REMOTE. 

I DONT HAVE A BEOVISION 4.

IN SHORT, IS THERE ANY WAY- WITHOUT OWNING A BEOVISION 4 THAT I CAN GET A PICTURE (ON SCREEN MENU) OUTPUT - ONTO A MONITER / TV, FROM THE BEOSYSTEM 2 ?. (IT HAS AN RBG OUT SIMILAR SOCKET TO THE VGA) ANY HELP OR ADVICE ON THIS WOULD BE MOST WELCOME.

MANY THANKS

DAVE

Filed under:
  • 09-23-2007 6:37 PM In reply to

Re: HELP WITH A BEOSYSTEM 2 OUTPUT TO NON BV 4 !

Dave,

Did you manage to solve this problem as I am in a similar sitiation and need hep too?

Thanks

Peter

• 09-25-2007 9:15 AM In reply to

Hi, Peter

No solution yet - I will post if I make any progress.

Cheers

Dave

• 09-25-2007 1:11 PM In reply to

Dave,

Thanks I look forward to it.

Regards

Peter

• 12-22-2007 5:46 AM In reply to

David,

I have part solved this issue so I can now use my Beo System 2 with a Pioneer screen albeit not to the BS2's full capabilities but it means I can use the my B&O system for sound & the Pioneer for picture and enjoy watching TV, DVD etc and better still I now have total choice of screen manufacturer. The best of both worlds!

If you have no access to a BV4 then take your Beosystem 2 to your friendly B&O dealer and ask them nicely to configure it for you. You will need to tell them what system you have eg beosound 3200, Front speakers eg Beolab 6000, centre, sub and rear or the configuration you have. It would probably be worth asking them to check the unit over at the same time just in case there are any faults with the unit that need to be fixed.

Once configured and you have the Beosystem back home you can connect the BS2 to your B&O system/speaker set up in the normal way.

You will need to programme the Beosond with your Beo4 remote to let it know that the BS2 is in situ, which if I recall correctly is Option 2 otherwise you will not get sound.  Your B&O dealer will help you or just look it up in the manual.

Once this is done you can check the audio capabilities by playing a CD or radio. All being well you should now be hearing stereo sound from your front two speakers. This is how it works for me as I do not yet have my rear speakers connected.

Having sorted out the CD audio you can now connect your video source. You need two outputs for this or a splitter. One to take the picture straight to the screen, I used Component, and one to take the video audio signal straight to the BS2. For this I used Scart connected to the V Tape input on the BS2.

With this done all you now need to do is press the VTAPE selector on your Beo4 remote to activate the system. You should hear a slight click, and the speakers will the turn on, be patient however as there is a delay before the volume comes on.

All being well you should now be watching video/DVD.

Good luck.

Peter

• 12-28-2007 5:19 PM In reply to

Peter

Many tanks for the advice - I had considered operating the via the BS2 for audio only but was unsure of this could be done without using the on-screen display. Other than configuring it - it seems that it is possible based on your solution.

One other option - was to get the BS2's RGB working with a small monitor screen just for the on screen menu options - but have had no luck on this one yet.

I appreciate your help in this, and  I'll post If I manage to get it working one way or the other.

Thanks

Dave

• 05-29-2008 11:16 AM In reply to

Ladies and Gentlemen

I got him !

• 05-29-2008 3:18 PM In reply to

Erik-nl:

Ladies and Gentlemen

I got him !

Any screen will work with Beosystem 2, however

1) the screen will have to accept RGBHV 576P 50 HZ signal or a small video converter box is needed

2) If a B&O or Panasonic PDP is not used, then TV <ON>, <OFF>, <BRILLIANCE> and <CONTRAST> must be done directly on the TV (e.g. with Lintronic converter). The rest is controlled via BS2.

A fantastic system - almost thrown at YOU !

Brilliant Bang & Olufsen. 

• 01-07-2009 4:05 PM In reply to

Hi Erik,

Sorry for being a little slow in responding.

If a video converter is used what make / type would you recomend and exactly how would it be connected? Would you you just use a RS232 ouput only?

Thanks for your help,

Peter

• 02-01-2009 11:14 AM In reply to

• onip
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

I offer you 2,000 euros for beosystem 2 phone 3472555489
  • 02-01-2009 12:02 PM In reply to

• bdm01
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Posts 36
    • Gold Member

Comments are correct the VGA output from the Beosystem 2  is at 50Hz and not many monitors or LCD panels will accept this.

I have a small 22" LCD panel that will work with this and allows you to go to the setup menu's and even then display all the video sources.

Once the unit is turned on, ie pressing a video scource like TV you then press MENU, MENU, 3 and very quicklt followed by 0, 0, GO

You can then press exit and then go back to MENU, MENU, 3  to set up all the other options like sound etc

It can be a little difficult the reason being the BS2 has a VGA output and an RS232 output that talks to the panel and receives signals back from the panal to say that it is on without those signals the BS2 is a bit lost.

Works great. if your anyway near the Worcester area welcome to try sort it out for you.

2000 Euros for a Beosystem 2  I may be interested in selling ?

Regards

Richard

• 02-02-2009 4:01 AM In reply to

I would advice a good one - but the best solution is a Panasonic Prof. PDP.

• 07-06-2010 3:32 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

bdm01:

I have a small 22" LCD panel that will work with this and allows you to go to the setup menu's and even then display all the video sources.

Richard,

what is the exact model/type nr. of the lcd screen?

I got a Beosystem 2 MKIII and now I am trying to integrate it....

Using a Pioneer PDP-LX5090H display at the moment NOT integrated.

Thanks!

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)