in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-15-2007 2:51 AM by Dave. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-13-2007 7:42 PM

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Nice photo of new Beosound 6

I came across this picture just then and i thought i should share it, it looks nice in this photo -

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-13-2007 11:30 PM In reply to

Re: Nice photo of new Beosound 6

It does look nicer to me than the original Samsung, and in terms of design I would have preferred Serenata to look like this! Sad

That said, if it only offers MP3/WMA playback, like the BeoSound 2 that I have, I wonder how well (or not well) it will sell, as the original Samsung version has an FM tuner, photo player, microphone, and probably the same sound..4 times more features for 1/4th of the price.

If you can put a B&O logo as wallpaper on the Samsung's screen, people will just get a B&O leather cover, and no one will notice the difference!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 09-14-2007 8:15 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 6Fresh from having just been named as one of the coolest brands in Britain - beaten only by Aston Martin, the iPod and YouTube - Bang & Olufsen is launching this slick-looking pocket player, the BeoSound 6.

Featuring a characteristic B&O styling job, by Steffen Schmelling, the player stands just over 9cm tall, is 12.2mm thick, and weighs 65g. The display is a 4.6cm TFT LCD, and the player supports MP3, WMA and OGG file formats.

Music can be played from the 4GB internal storage via built-in speakers, or using the Bang & Olufsen A8 headphones supplied as standard. BeoPlayer software is used to transfer and organise music using a PC or Mac, with iTunes being supported via an BeoSound 6 plug-in.

The battery is designed to give up to 40 hours' playback between charges, and the player comes complete with a USB cable, a travel charger and a leather case.

And just to make sure it can withstand the rigours of portable life, the stainless steel and soft-touch lacquered plastic case has been tested in B&O's celebrated torture chamber, for resistance to scratching, extremes of temperature, impacts such as those caused by dropping it, and hand-lotion!

The BeoSound 6 goes on sale in October/November, and is expected to sell for around £350.

Technorati Tags: , , WMA

• 09-14-2007 12:58 PM In reply to

Am I the only one to find the leather case particularly ugly? Sad

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 09-14-2007 1:06 PM In reply to

Built in speakers!!?
  • 09-14-2007 1:22 PM In reply to

Chrisreunion:
    Am I the only one to find the leather case particularly ugly? Sad

The leather case is horrible for me too.

Borja
  • 09-14-2007 2:04 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Peter:
    Built in speakers!!?
    Yeah, I wonder why they would do that. I can't imagine what these can be used for. They just take up unnecessary space and weight. But I'm looking forward to seeing it in the shops. It sure has to pack some serious sound to make me buy it instead of one of the new iPods.
  • 09-14-2007 2:52 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Proberly the same concept as the new Serenata

A Serenata  X-ray shows a pair of speakers powered by ICEpower

Look for you self here http://www.serenatamobile.com/

• 09-14-2007 3:33 PM In reply to

Well, I am kind of disappointed with this new MP3 player. It seems to be a rebadged Samsung MP3 player with the B&O logo on it.

I will stick to my iPod then.

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 09-14-2007 6:38 PM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

4GB?? My current Nano has that which I now realise is too small. I was waiting for this before I comitted to the new Ipods, but looks like there is no need - I will get a 16GB Ipod Touch.

Ian 

• 09-14-2007 7:45 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Umm i highly doubt that the speakers in the Serenata are ICE powered. That just would not work. 

I find the leather case quite attractive actually and i'm pleased to read that it's an included feature. These built in speakers, however, are going to want to sound pretty special, otherwise i see no point in this feature.

p.s. IT IS NOT AN IPOD! It is a Bang & Olufsen! It is something of exclusivity and the highest quality.

• 09-14-2007 7:54 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

What is the problem with ICEpower ?

The biggeste customer that " B&O ICEpower" have is Samsung, that use ICEpower teknology in all there mobilphones: The amplifier is very small but olso effective.Yes -  thumbs up

ICEpower amplifiers (Mobilesound1 platform)  is now drive 40 percent of all Samsung phones worldwide! Thats a huge number of phones..

• 09-14-2007 8:48 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

They don't use ICE for the sound amplifiers, they use the technology for the transmitters in the phones to extend battery life.

• 09-14-2007 10:51 PM In reply to

• Hooper
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Cato Neimoidia
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

I'm in the same boat. In terms of style this unit looks like any other MP3 player currently on the market. I would probably have trouble distinguishing it from the rest of the pack had I not seen it before and had the B&O logo not been on the face. 

Judging from the price I hope the unit has used exquisite materials thus tactile wise it'd make up for a rather ho hum appearance.
  • 09-15-2007 2:18 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

David:
    They don't use ICE for the sound amplifiers, they use the technology for the transmitters in the phones to extend battery life.

????Embarrassed 

Info please...

• 09-15-2007 2:28 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

My mistake! Samsung claim to be using ICE technology from B&O for use in the music player feature in some of their mobiles to enable a 90% reduction in power consumption whist using the music player.

I origianally got the transmitter information in a different thread. The info was posted by 'The Stig - ver 1.4'. 

• 09-15-2007 2:45 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

David:

My mistake! Samsung claim to be using ICE technology from B&O for use in the music player feature in some of their mobiles to enable a 90% reduction in power consumption whist using the music player.

I origianally got the transmitter information in a different thread. The info was posted by 'The Stig - ver 1.4'. 

Thats more logic!

ICEpower use less power then ordinary amplifiers, and therefore longer battery lifetimeSmile

• 09-15-2007 2:51 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I just don't see the point in listening to music with a mobile phone, or through tiny speakers. Why not just listen to nails down a black board! Stick out tongue

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)