in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-16-2007 6:15 PM by The Stig - ver. 1.7. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2007 4:55 AM

• js
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-07-2007
    • Brussels
    • Posts 208
    • Silver Member

Beovision MX 3000 - change color

Dear all,

I still own a black Beovision MX 3000 (which I purchased when I was 16 year old...). I consider using it again in a Link room, but I would like to change the color into white. Do you know whether it is possible to change the back cover piece and how I can get a white one?

Cheers,

js

• 09-11-2007 5:10 AM In reply to

• Foxtrott
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 500
    • Founder

Re: Beovision MX 3000 - change color

Hello js!

The colored part of the rear cover can easely be changed (just a few screws). The part is identical on all 21" MX (from MX3000 to 4200) and should be available at your dealer.

Alternatively you could ask Lee at Lifestyle if he has a white one or look at ebay as the pop up sometimes. I if am not mistaken Beoworld member "nobby" also repairs/sells B&O TVs, so he might have one or could help you tracking one down.

Cheers

Foxtrott 

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
    Henry VI, Part 2 William Shakespeare

• 09-11-2007 5:11 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Yes it is very straightforward to swap the cover but be careful not to touch any of the internal electronics whilst doing so as you can get a potentially fatal electric shock from a CRT.

I'm sure one of our members are likely to have a replacement cover.

Chris.

EDIT - just beat me to it FoxtrotSmile

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 09-12-2007 6:57 AM In reply to

Hi,

Nothing available at the moment I am afraid.

It is possible to remove the cover and after a light sanding with say 800 grade wet and dry and a good cleaning off, you can respray.

Regards, Neil

• 09-12-2007 10:31 AM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

Foxtrott:

Hello js!

The colored part of the rear cover can easely be changed (just a few screws). The part is identical on all 21" MX (from MX3000 to 4200) and should be available at your dealer.

Hello JS Cool

I'm afraid to say that Foxtrott is incorrect.... the covers all look the same but have a different screw alignment on the inside.

The black tube housing at the extreme rear of the set is a seperate part (unattached to the coloured portion), and needs to be screwed to the coloured section before attachment to the television.

The problem arises when you try to attach an older set's rear housing (such as the MX3000's) to a newer coloured section - the screw holes on the rear section will not fit the screw holes on the coloured section.... so be careful when purchasing a new rear!!!

The only possible way around the problem would be to aquire a new tube covering as well - an MX4000/4002 cover will fit your MX3000, but you'll need to remember to swap the green sticker holding the serial number and other important information!

Hope this helps.... take care when taking yours apart though! One slip and you could be in for a shock! Surprise

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 09-13-2007 6:54 PM In reply to

Hi

The inner part of the back part is not the same as MX3500 and up! but as I remember some of the screw holes will align but not all, so it's possible to change them... Smile

• 09-14-2007 5:00 AM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

With all due respect, I change MX covers daily, and I can guarantee that you need to use the correct rear tube cover for the age of television, otherwise you do not get a perfect fit, with gaps around the edges Erm

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 09-14-2007 5:37 AM In reply to

• js
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-07-2007
    • Brussels
    • Posts 208
    • Silver Member

Thank you all for your input.

I cannot find any white or silver MX 3000-specific cover on eBay right now, thus I am open to buying any other color one of you may have and then have it resprayed (I will keep my black one in case I change my mood later on).

Do you have any left at Lifestyle AV (I understood you have a green one; I sent you an email directly at your Lifestyle AV address)?

Cheers, js

• 09-16-2007 6:15 PM In reply to

A14BEO:

With all due respect, I change MX covers daily, and I can guarantee that you need to use the correct rear tube cover for the age of television, otherwise you do not get a perfect fit, with gaps around the edges Erm

Yes but It's an MX3000, and also MX2000 are not worth spending any money on. if it was an MX3500+ then yes, and having in mind a brand new MX4200 cost £650 Indifferent

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)