in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-10-2007 1:51 PM by The Stig - ver. 1.7. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-10-2007 10:17 AM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

BV7 Cleaning

Hello All

I need to clean my tv after my move as its covered in finger prints, i did have a blue funny cloth i bought from B&O shop last year but for the life of me i cannot remember what the make was.

What cloth do i need to use for cleaning it.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-10-2007 11:40 AM In reply to

Re: BV7 Cleaning

Don't use microfiber it can rip of the anti-reflex paint... I always use wet Cotton cloth and a soft Cotton cloth to Polish the water off again. works for me Smile
  • 09-10-2007 1:20 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I use kitchen paper, with very little water (only a few drops). Polish with it till you see no prints any more.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-10-2007 1:32 PM In reply to

I thought the anti-reflex was on the back of the screen. It would not be durable otherwise. The front is I am sure just glass and the light shining back from the anti-reflex on the otherside gives the screen its distinctive purple/blue tint.
    • I use standard spray-on isopropyl based windoleen (not the old pink gunk-stuff).
    • The trick is, I have found is use a saturated kitchen roll with the liquid on it and to only treat approx. 1/8th of the screen at a time.
    • Then before the solution can dry, buff with another DRY kitchen roll until completely smear free.
    • Repeat this, overlapping from one sector to the next. The key is to use DRY kitchen roll. Once moist, it only smears more.
    10%
  • 09-10-2007 1:51 PM In reply to

Hi 10%

The anti-reflex is on both sides of the screen, I would not use anything other then water, and if it's really bad then with a little dish wash soap (like it says in the manual). do not use anything with alcohol. Indifferent

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)