in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-12-2007 12:53 PM by 9 LEE. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-09-2007 3:52 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Forum Name Change

In the never ending quest for improvement of the site, we, the moderating team have had a little "pow-wow"... Smile

We felt that there was perhaps a need for a section of the site that first-time posters with what they felt was a less than adequate level of knowledge of B&O could post.

Although we feel that no question is a silly one, there are a lot of people who feel a little 'daunted' amongst enthusiasts with what they see as a much higher level of knowledge - and feel reluctant to post. I myself can understand this, as i felt exactly the same for months before plucking up enough courage to post.  Don't take me as an example though, i ended up becoming a dribbling addict and owning the site..

Anyway - we have now renamed the 'Lifestyle forum' - 'BeoWorld People & Lifestyle' (thank you Ignace for the name) - and hopefully this will be a place where first time posters will feel comfortable about telling us about themselves without feeling pressured into knowing what a 3.2v semi-conducting valve capacitor does on a Beolit 27000.. (i made that up, honest).

The sub-text for the section reads -  "Tell us about yourselves and what you like! What other brands do you love, who are you and what do you do? Say it here!"  -  but if you feel this needs changing, we will listen to suggestions.

Lee
    Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-09-2007 5:52 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Forum Name Change

Good move, it's a bit more laid back and informal than just 'Lifestyle'. Any other new things planned for the site you could mention without spoiling any surprises?

Weekly top artists:                   

• 09-09-2007 5:58 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Alex:

Good move, it's a bit more laid back and informal than just 'Lifestyle'. Any other new things planned for the site you could mention without spoiling any surprises?

Oh yes..  but that would be telling!

We are always looking at ways to improve BeoWorld and make it a better and more enjoyable place to be for everyone, whilst still retaining the original ethos of the site - which is all about Bang & Olufsen, it's history and it's products.

It's a fine line, but we like to think we have got it pretty much covered. However, we welcome any suggestions!

Lee
    Big Smile

• 09-09-2007 7:40 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I know it sounds drastic, but why not change the colour scheme here to black and blue. Blue being the Beoworld top bar and black and grey being the back drop and everything else?? Like on the lifestyle-AV website, i love that design, it's very classy

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-10-2007 1:02 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

David:
    I know it sounds drastic, but why not change the colour scheme here to black and blue. Blue being the Beoworld top bar and black and grey being the back drop and everything else?? Like on the lifestyle-AV website, i love that design, it's very classy

I'd have loved to have done BeoWorld in Black, Red and Silver actually David - but when i took BeoWorld over i had to prove to people that the site would not just become one big advertising vehicle for LifeStyle AV as some of the doubters suspcted it would.

It was decided that a completely different colour scheme would be best, and we decided that the blue and yellow was a bright and fresh combination.  It was actually member 'Van' that created and designed this whole site, and i'm sure not many people know this!  He did a great job, and also keeps a close eye on things as we go - fixing the 'behind the scenes' things we never even get to see.  It's thanks to Van that the site runs as smoothly as it does!

One thing that's going to be improved is Gallery, i assure you.  Watch this space!

Lee
    Smile

• 09-11-2007 2:08 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Gosh!
    I turn my back for five minutes and the whole world turns up-side-down!
    Wink

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-11-2007 2:11 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Welcome back !!!!!

Big SmileParty!!!Big Smile

I assume they have managed to add more coal and water to your PC, and the old train is chugging along once more?

Lee

Smile

• 09-11-2007 2:18 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Cheers mate!
    Old PC, new hard disc, new windows. everything working but alltocock yet.
    Great to be back, did you get my cheque?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-11-2007 3:29 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I did indeed! 

Thank you Andy - looking forward to seeing you at the party!

Lee
    Big Smile

• 09-12-2007 11:08 AM In reply to

• Bebs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • London & Denmark
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Did I hear someone say Party?  :ears: