in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-10-2007 1:39 AM by BEOfreak. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-09-2007 7:06 AM

Setup in new house

Hi all.

We have almost finished our new house (dec 2007) and I hope someone on here can give a little help if this setup will work or not... or might have any good ideas to do it better, please see drawings at this link (please be patient about me, I'm new into hompages and making links!): http://familien-soendergaard.dk/page1003.html 

Livingroom: BV 7-40 MKIII (If it comes here in Denmark) as Master, BS 9000, 2 x BL 5 and 2 x BL 8000

Bedroom: BC 6-26

Kitchen: Link-eye and 2 x BL 4000

Technic: All the other stuff like a STB from the cable-company (TDC in Denmark both analog and digital signals), Harddiskrecorder and might an old VHS

Office: PC including a tuner for analog and STB-T. On this I will put it's own antenna.

And now for some questions: 

Will it be possible to see the PC-recordings on the 7-40 and 6-26... if yes, in a good quality?

Will it be possible to see the digital channels from the STB-C on both the BV 7-40 and BC 6-26.

Is it possible to control ex. Sony-harddiskrecorder, STB-C and VHS-video from both the BV 7-40 and BC 6-26 via the PUC-system.

How does PUC work?

Hope You're not irritatet about my questions, I just want the best from the start!

All the best to you all!

;-) Jes

• 09-10-2007 12:45 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Re: Setup in new house

Jessemand:

And now for some questions: 

Will it be possible to see the PC-recordings on the 7-40 and 6-26... if yes, in a good quality?

Link quality is pretty good in my experience, I use it. PC recordings are generally not suitable for large screens without some prior setup and I'm not sure how you would get the signal routed though the BV7.

Will it be possible to see the digital channels from the STB-C on both the BV 7-40 and BC 6-26.

If the signal is from the BV7  then generally yes. If you want to watch HiDef in the link room then the link TV's tuner needs to capable. E.G. The BV8 will not do this.

Is it possible to control ex. Sony-harddiskrecorder, STB-C and VHS-video from both the BV 7-40 and BC 6-26 via the PUC-system.

Perhaps post the model number or the hard disk recorder so that one of our beoworld American friends can look it up. The Mark III BV7 is only releassed there. B&O have their own standard definition analog hard disk recorder, I hope they will support others though I'm not sure.

How does PUC work?

By translating B&O remote functions via a controller and IR lead to IR codes the device understands. The translation software is completed by B&O in Denmark. The PUC also controls other functions such as on/off, timed recordings and the mapping of the device to a Beo4 key. Lintronic in Denmark may also be a solution for you.

Hope You're not irritatet about my questions, I just want the best from the start!

Hope that helps..

All the best to you all!

;-) Jes

• 09-10-2007 1:39 AM In reply to

• BEOfreak
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Odense, Denmark
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

Re: Setup in new house

Hi Jes,

I'm but i can't help you with your technical questions, but before you start installing I think you take a look at this site: http://www.qlab.dk/

There are a couple of install examples (I have found the site very useful and inspiring).

Good luck

Rasmus

Avant CTV 28", V6000, DVD1, BC9000, BS3000, BL4000, MX4200, CX50, BeoCom 2, Beocom 6000, LC1, LC2

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)