in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-09-2007 9:16 AM by Viktor. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-08-2007 7:07 AM

• bnaude
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-08-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

A8 earphones becoming unhinged...

Hi all

I bought a pair of A8 earphones a few weeks ago.  I was quite happy with them, and then the little screws that bolts the round bit that goes behind your ear to the straight bit that's in front of your ear fell out on BOTH of them.

I've got the screws but both little nuts (I'm assuming) that's meant to hold the screw in place are gone.

Any thoughts on where I can buy those?  And .. anyone else had the same problem?

Thanks

Bennie

• 09-08-2007 7:43 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: A8 earphones becoming unhinged...

There aren't any nuts of any sort - the other side of the frame that holds the earbud is threaded to accept the screw and so there is nothing to fall off.

Did you buy these from a B&O store or from ebay - if the latter I'm slightly concerned these may be copies rather than the genuine article.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-08-2007 11:18 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

peacha:
    just take it back to a BO shop and make them swap it, tell them u buyed it from them anyway

That's fraud, and they'd probably notice that the headphones weren't genuine, which would only get you into trouble.

• 09-08-2007 1:48 PM In reply to

• bnaude
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-08-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for all the replies ... you made me smile peacha, ta. Stick out tongue

Will take them back tomorrow and hear what they say...

• 09-08-2007 7:41 PM In reply to

• joynsyde
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-09-2007
    • Midwest, U.S.A.
    • Posts 130
    • Bronze Member

peacha:
    just lie, say you got them as a gift from your granny then start to complain loudly in the shop. its their fault they dont police the fakes so will swap         Laughing

Bad form! It's your own stinking fault if you tried to cheap out by going on eBay and you ended up with exactly what you paid for: cheap defective products.  If you didn't buy original A8s from an authentic source you deserve what you got; why should the dealers pay for your mistake?

B&O does what they can to squelch the fakers, but it's hard across international lines, and in an environment like eBay where someone's identity is easily obfuscated. When you have a luxury brand known for quality and design, whether it's B&O, Mont Blanc, Rolex, and so on, there will always be some loser trying to copy you to make a fast buck.

...my two cents ~AJ
  • 09-08-2007 10:05 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

They are certainly a fake, and this has NOTHING to do with B&O, i think what you have said peacha is wrong.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-09-2007 6:13 AM In reply to

• archie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 497
    • Bronze Member

Can you post a picture of your hearphone ?

DU BEAU, DU BON, DU BO.

• 09-09-2007 9:16 AM In reply to

Ive had my A8s for many years now and i cant say i have treated them well, but they are still in the exact same condition as when i got them. Superb quality. A8s are one of the few B&O pruducts that are really worth what they cost. Acctually they are even cheap for the soundquality and craftmansship.. i love then Big Smile
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)