in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-22-2007 4:29 PM by Bingo. 53 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-07-2007 1:43 PM

Now the schools are back and the nights are drawing in ( in the Northern Hemisphere anyway!  Laughing ) we have decided that it is time for a new Quiz! Party!!!

This one should be easier than the last one, which despite it being a cryptic English quiz, was won by a Swedish member! (Hang your heads in shame all you native English speakers! Laughing )

To encourage participation, we are going to do pictures this time and the challenge will be to identify the B&O items pictured above in the pdf file. Some are taken from funny angles, some are simply close ups of bits from which you will need to identify the whole! Some will be possibly from one of a number of models and a degree of leniency will be shown in these cases!!

I will pick a winner from the group of members with the most answers and will not do so until I have a pre-selected number of replies.

To enter, send your answers to me at beoworld_quiz@mac.com

Simply put the number of the item and the name next to it.

E.g. :

1. Beomaster 4500

2. Beocom 4

etc

Please put your user name at the end!

Lee will be announcing the prize - we are veering towards a Spark to Icon book though if we find something interesting, we will maybe change this! We could include some difficult to obtain files Cool

All the products are from the modern era with nothing before the 1960s. I have tried to avoid anything too rare and the most difficult ones are the ones Lee supplied in my opinion!!

The pictures are in the .pdf file attached to the top of this post so you will need Acrobat Reader. You will notice (I hope!) a small note on each item with its number. If it becomes necessary, I will put clues on here though I am confident in your abilities!! Please have a go - better to try - you may be better than you think. If we get a good response we will do more!!

Best of luck to you all!

• 09-07-2007 2:22 PM In reply to

Re: Beoworld Quiz!

Crikey, this looks well hard.

BTW Peter, I won the last beoworld quiz, set by Lee, and im English! Hence my signature. Surprise

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 09-07-2007 2:27 PM In reply to

My apologies! I really meant the last one I set - which is rather egocentric of me, I admit!
  • 09-07-2007 3:13 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Thanks Peter, I love it already.
  • 09-07-2007 4:29 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Superb quiz !

Boy, there are some tough ones ...  Geeked

Martin

• 09-07-2007 4:44 PM In reply to

My head hurts!!!
  • 09-07-2007 5:02 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I've looked at the pictures and decided I've more chance of winning the "Remove your own appendix sans anesthetic using only a blunt penkinfe without any outward display of discomfort" competition.

Can wait for the difficult quiz after this easy one!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-07-2007 5:12 PM In reply to

I expect answers from everyone! We may award a prize for the most original suggestions but you need to get at least 10 correct before starting to get silly!

Helpful hints!

Peter does not have that big a collection at present so some are duplicates!!

I may award a special mention to anyone who gets number 32 correct!  Proud of that one!! Laughing

Number 25 was one from Lee , I would never have got it! 

• 09-07-2007 8:26 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I know I wont win anything in this quiz, as I don't recongnize all of the pics, but I think this quiz I really cool! I'm to buizy with my new iMac right now to take care of any quiz!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-08-2007 2:57 AM In reply to

We don't really expect anyone to get them all! Just answer the ones you can and send in the answers! I want to see lots of entries!!! Even if you only think you know a few. To set up these quizes takes quite some time and a good response makes it worthwhile. I have had one reply so far!
  • 09-08-2007 3:16 AM In reply to

As an incentive, there will be a random prize of another B&O book - smaller but nicely presented  - which will be drawn randomly from all the entries. This is your chance to win something for nothing. The only stipulation is that you have to be at least a Bronze member  (free!) and you must get one product correct! This is to stop spammers from trying to flood the entry! The books sell well on eBay!!

So get entering!! 

• 09-08-2007 3:17 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

tom:
    I know I wont win anything in this quiz, as I don't recongnize all of the pics, but I think this quiz I really cool! I'm to buizy with my new iMac right now to take care of any quiz!

It's not about the winning - it's about taking part!

The time and effort Peter has put into this surely makes it only polite to have a go.  Imagine if you spent literally hours typing a thread and taking images of your new mac and everyone ignored it...

Lee

Sad

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-08-2007 3:22 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Wow, its hard. i got 10 but without being able to zoom on the BeoWorld pictures I'm stuffed. 

Are the photo's from the BeoWorld site? 

• 09-08-2007 4:13 AM In reply to

No! They were taken by either Lee or myself in the last few days! I have acrobat so can zoom in though this is not necessarily helpful. I will post individual pictures on site as a jpg if any particularly are requested!
  • 09-08-2007 5:20 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

It's possible to export the photos out of Acrobat Reader.

Martin

• 09-08-2007 6:25 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Peter:
    I will post individual pictures on site as a jpg if any particularly are requested!

No its not your photo's I need to zoom but the BeoWorld Products photo's.

• 09-08-2007 7:27 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

I've only figured out 11 of them so far and i'm already on the verge of suicide!! Super Angry

Durban South Africa

• 09-08-2007 9:11 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

9 LEE:

tom:

It's not about the winning - it's about taking part!

The time and effort Peter has put into this surely makes it only polite to have a go.  Imagine if you spent literally hours typing a thread and taking images of your new mac and everyone ignored it...

Lee

Sad

I think you got me here. I have been a little selfish (I think this is the word that says that I have only been looking after me)
    Sorry guys. 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-08-2007 9:41 AM In reply to

BritOps:
    Peter:
    I will post individual pictures on site as a jpg if any particularly are requested!

No its not your photo's I need to zoom but the BeoWorld Products photo's.

Unfortunately the photos on Beoworld are not that high definition! All the pictures are new ones so do not feature on site! 

• 09-08-2007 9:42 AM In reply to

francoisvl:
    I've only figured out 11 of them so far and i'm already on the verge of suicide!! Super Angry

11 would be a pretty good score!  I didn't want something you could do too quickly!!

• 09-08-2007 10:56 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

Well... I manages four so far, so I don't think I'll participate.

Good luck to everyone else, though. Smile

And it is a great initiative.

• 09-08-2007 12:19 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

I already have a Spark to Icon book, any alternate prize to give me incentive to continue? Stick out tongueWink
  • 09-08-2007 1:36 PM In reply to

I really don't care how many people get - please send in your answers or it makes doing these quizzes pretty dispiriting! All replies get entered  into the draw for the smaller book so you do have a chance of a win! The only stipulation is that you are registered and get one right!!

I am sure we can come up with an alternate prize if necessary!  

• 09-08-2007 1:56 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

BritOps:
    I already have a Spark to Icon book, any alternate prize to give me incentive to continue? Stick out tongueWink

Have you ever been described as "demanding" by any chance? Hmm

Lee
    Big Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-08-2007 3:11 PM In reply to

• joynsyde
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-09-2007
    • Midwest, U.S.A.
    • Posts 130
    • Bronze Member

Are any of these pictures flipped, or are they all following the law of gravity?

Also, maybe I missed it, but what's the deadline for submissions? 

...my two cents ~AJ
Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3 Next >