in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-27-2008 3:41 AM by beofreeman. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-07-2007 9:02 AM

• Beonut
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Essex, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Bronze Member

Beoplayer / Beomedia1 software features

Ever the optimist I was wondering if anyone knows when we can expect to see a new version of Beoplayer with significant new functionality for digital music handling. Version 4.6.1 was released in march 07 with minor changes nothing since.

I have been using Beomedia 1 with beoplayer since Jan 07, I am mildly happy with the very basic functionality, but the general lack of obvious functions is beginning to annoy when comparing it to windows media player or itunes.

Cheers

Peter

My B&O - BS3, BV4-50, Beomedia 1, BS3200, DVD1, BL8000, BL6000, BL3, BL2, BL7.4
  • 09-07-2007 10:15 AM In reply to

Re: Beoplayer / Beomedia1 software features

Sorry, but I have very little idea when this might be athough it would be most welcome as its functionality is way behind media player and Itunes, however your questiuon has prompted me to raise my own issue.

I am succesffully using my Beoport/player to pipe music around the house and whislt I can change track and adjust the volume etc using my Beo4 in any of the linked rooms I have no way of knowning what track is to be played next, unless I am in the room which hosts my PC.

Now although I can just about live with this my wife hates it and is leading a campaign to rid my house of B&O!

I am not aware the Beo5 will resolve this but has anyone managed to intergrate a remote with a display so that when in a link room one can actually make an informed choice as to what track or album is to be played next or selected?

Help required as no way will I give up my B&O system without a fight! 

Cheers, another Peter

• 09-09-2008 4:10 PM In reply to

• kmadon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-09-2008
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

I think it's shocking that Beo5 didn't reslove this issue.

I have a bit of a Heath-Robinson solution though.

I store my music on a laptop connected to my beocenter 2 in one room.  I have a Dell Axim PDA.  I have downloaded remote control software to my laptop and PDA which allows me to visualize and control the screen of my laptop (and thus beoplayer) via my PDA using my home wireless network and the internet.  My wireless connection isn't so it can be a bit slow but when I move the laptop and PDA to an area of the house with better wireless connection it works quite well.

I also get the same wife problems!!!

Keki 

• 09-10-2008 5:14 AM In reply to

• Bart
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Best solution I have seen and used is using a Mac and BM-Link software in combination with an iPod Touch or an iPhone. You can easily create playlists with iTunes, store your albums with album art etc. and control it via the Beo4 or Beo5 just like you do now. That is where the Touch comes in: with the free Remote application you can fully control iTunes and thus the output to your B&O. You can use Coverflow to browse visually through your albums, control playlists, see what is playing and what will be next, etc. Drawback is that you need two remote controllers....

Bart

• 12-27-2008 3:41 AM In reply to

Bart,

You are right I have more or less given up on my Beoport other than to link sound from my pc. Even so for that to reliably work I have had to delete all my B&O digital music files, otherwise songs start playing the moment I try and turn on my beo3000 to which the PC is linked.   Probably the wrong choice of speakes    

I now have my ipod neatly and permenantly wired to by Beosound 9000 (all wires hidden in the walls) and that works a treat.  I hope that one day someone invents a remote control with Coverflow that also can controls B&O equipment.

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)