in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-02-2007 10:50 PM by Joe. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-06-2007 2:48 PM

Help W/ BeoLAB 3 converted to miniplug

Hi, I have a pair of BL3's which are converted first to RCA inputs leading to one miniplug output. The purpose is to use my laptop or mp3 player as a source. Up until recently when I would disconnect from the source (laptop/mp3) the speakers would go on standby like they are supposed to do as far as I know. Recently have been staying on, the green light not going to green. I have been given numerous troubleshooting tips and the one that I think makes the most since is that there might NOW be some background noise the naked plug is picking up. The basic question I have is has anyone experienced this. Is it better to ALWAYS have the miniplug plugged in if the source if off so it is not getting a signal??? I do not always have something which I want the sound coming from, so if anyone can give me an idea as to why they are not going to standby when in the past they have when not plugged in I would appreciate sugggestions

• 09-07-2007 8:34 PM In reply to

Re: Help W/ BeoLAB 3 converted to miniplug

So are you saying they only won't switch off when you haven't plugged  the mini plug into a device? I would take a look at changing cables then. 

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-02-2007 10:50 PM In reply to

• Joe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2007
    • SoCal
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

Re: Help W/ BeoLAB 3 converted to miniplug

If I recall, thats actually the way they work with the PC unfortunately. Its the only configuration that keeps the speakers on. Its not a bad cable or connection. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Joe 

Its not just a product, its a way of life...
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)