in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-07-2007 8:46 PM by Tom. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-06-2007 1:00 PM

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Smile [:)] I did it

Yes, I finally did it, I bought the new iMac, 20" 2.4 Ghz version 
    Now, I have to learn how to work an play with my new toy!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-06-2007 2:14 PM In reply to

Re: I did it

Ah great, how does the new keyboard feel and look in flesh?

Marcus
  • 09-06-2007 2:33 PM In reply to

Well done Tom,

This is a short term project for me.

The new iMac is very well designed. One more reason for me to switch definately.

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 09-06-2007 4:30 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

keyboard and mouse look and feel great. I was not at home until now, so I did not do anything with my mac. I noticed one problem: I use safari at the moment and i cannot insert smilies on this forum. any thoughts?

• 09-06-2007 9:50 PM In reply to

mac guy using safari here too... i have never used a smilie yet in any posts, but will try at the end of this post.

i have noticed some other issue(s) though... if i move the reply box to see text behind it in another post for reference -i lose my post -PITA! also, can't copy & paste...

ok... let me try that smilie... nope -did not work!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 09-07-2007 4:56 AM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

tom:
    keyboard and mouse look and feel great. I was not at home until now, so I did not do anything with my mac. I noticed one problem: I use safari at the moment and i cannot insert smilies on this forum. any thoughts?

You can download FireFox. It works perfect. Wink

Luis

• 09-07-2007 5:48 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Luigi:

tom:

As I used FireFox for some sites with my PC already, I was thinking about downloding it again. I think I will do that. Thanks Luigi

• 09-07-2007 8:32 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

tom:
    Luigi:

tom:

As I used FireFox for some sites with my PC already, I was thinking about downloding it again. I think I will do that. Thanks Luigi

I have FireFox now, and right now, I'm checking if the smilies work. Huh?

Yes, they seem to work! Party!!!

Perfect! 

• 09-07-2007 5:37 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

You can do smilies with Safari as well! Big Smile See? You just type the code "[ : D ]" (without the spaces and quotes) whilst in Plain Text edit mode (configurable in your user area).

I've always avoided Firefox, it's just not a proper Mac experience...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 09-07-2007 5:41 PM In reply to

Hi Alex,

What kind of technical issues did you encountered that led you not to recommand Firefox for Mac ?

Thanks for your input.

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 09-07-2007 8:46 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Alex:

You can do smilies with Safari as well! Big Smile See? You just type the code "[ : D ]" (without the spaces and quotes) whilst in Plain Text edit mode (configurable in your user area).

I've always avoided Firefox, it's just not a proper Mac experience...

Hey Alex! What program do you recommand instead of FireFox, or do you use Safari only. I've heard something about a browser called Opera. Any experieces? I've been using FireFox for just one day on my Mac now, but I somehow don't like it, don't really know why.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)