in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-13-2007 9:37 AM by hval. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-06-2007 7:57 AM

Sorry to be a pain...

Hi

Sorry to be a pain if this has been asked before, but is the new telewest/virgin media V+ box compatable for operation through the Beo4 handset. I'm asking this cos if it is then this is a good excuse to persuade my other half to buy several Beo5s.

Thanks.

Brian

• 09-06-2007 8:37 AM In reply to

Re: Sorry to be a pain...

The Beo4 does not control any non-Beo products.

Your TV might control non-Beo product with a PUC or a STB-C.

The list of devices is available in the menus.

The Beo5 will control non-Beo products, but it seems more targetted to non-AV products, like curtains, etc...

The official solution for controlling non Beo AV products is the PUC or STB-C in your TV.

When people have received their Beo5 we may know more. I wouldn't order one before being sure it can do what you want.

p.

• 09-06-2007 9:04 AM In reply to

Thanks for your help, yes I already have stb-c and my beo4 does control the old cable box in main room and around the house, I just wondered if the new V+ box could be similarly controlled.

Brian

• 09-06-2007 9:35 AM In reply to

Take the current remote control that came with the set top box, go to a shop and try it on the new V+ box, if it works, then the Beo4 will be able to control it with the same settings, though the STB-C
  • 10-13-2007 9:37 AM In reply to

• hval
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Glasgow
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Yes it is possible.

Having said that I have as yet to work out how to exit the V+ menu system back to the TV screen.

Hval
    The ugly one, Hval --------------------------
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)