in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-11-2007 2:30 PM by wogga383. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-04-2007 4:23 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: 2gig card the max

they can be used, but as far as I know, the problem will be the navigation between the different folders that will take much more time as there can be much more folders on one SDCard. If you want to try them out, go on and do it, it sure will be an interesting experience. On BS3 and BS4, it should be ok, but on a BS2 I would stick to the max of 2GB, as the batterey would be down much faster with larger SDCards.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-08-2007 12:17 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

I only use 2GB SD cards so can't help. Be patient my friend, the answer will come.
  • 09-08-2007 1:30 PM In reply to

Beosound 2,3 & 4 can only use SD cards up to 2GB

Regards Keith....

• 09-08-2007 2:31 PM In reply to

Very debatable this! It records at 128 kbps which in my view is not as good as I would want. I record at 320 kbps which I cannot tell from CD - but I am getting old!! Laughing

The number of songs depends on the length of the track so is difficult to estimate. The standard measure of tracks per Gb is usually done at 128 kbps though.  

• 09-08-2007 4:13 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Yes it records at 128kbps which is a ballance between sound quilty and storage capacity. The sound quality is hard to distinguish between C.D and SD card, most of my friends cannot tell. I would prefer to record at a slightly higher kbps rate but such is life. You can always pull out the C.D if you want the extra quality or connect you P.C/ Laptop to the AUX (which i have also done) and download at a higher rate, then you have all bases covered. In regards to the larger card capacity, just buy two 2gig cards. I believe thay're getting alot cheaper now, problem solved. Also BeoWorld is run by Fans and consumers of the product and not by B&O themselves, these are customers helping you out. This website shouldn't be used as a refrence against the product for comparison with other brands.

Cheers.
  • 09-08-2007 9:54 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

peacha:

what rate does the bs4 record at?

BeoSound 4 records sound in a quality that the human ear cannot distinguish from CD quality.

how many songs will it put on a card

I don't know what kind of deaf humans they were testing this claim on. It's a lie. It's VERY noticable, it encodes at 128 kbps, which is a joke. Don't use the BS4 to record is my advice. 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-08-2007 9:55 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

-unnecessary post

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-11-2007 2:30 PM In reply to

• wogga383
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Longridge, Lancs
    • Posts 108
    • Gold Member

hi mate i have been usin g a 4 gig card in my bs4 for months, press and hold "go" and you can naigate your folders QUICKLY and easily, it is rubbish about 4 gig cards slowing the search, down peeps must be measuring them in nano seconds.

SDHC cards are not compatible cos they are formatted FAT32

Regards

Pete

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)