in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-05-2007 11:06 AM by Calvin. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-04-2007 5:15 AM

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

New digital photoframe in pure Bang & Olufsen design

I will have one of these!

Notice the lake of logo, -

B&O are going the other way.!! Have you seen the B&O logo on Beovision 8? The Bang & Olufsen logo are HUGE and UGLY

With the number of manufacturers launching them so far this year it certainly seems that way and Toshiba is keen not to be left out.

With the 'DPF7XSE' it is also clear Tosh isn't here in a me-too capacity as the design is perhaps the most striking I have seen from any company to date and it backs this up with some super features. At its centre is a large 7in 800 x 480 native resolution screen and with 2x 1W dual stereo speakers and support for MP3, WMA, DivX and Mpeg4 playback it isn't limited to displaying stills either.

On the connectivity side of things there is a memory card reader which happily swallows SD, MMC, CompactFlash and Memory Sticks while a USB2.0 port allows the connection of memory sticks and mass storage devices. Inside is also a healthy 256MB of RAM which should prove more than enough given that pictures are resized on transfer.

A Infrared remote control is also bundled along with a 1.5m USB cable and AC power adaptor. I would perhaps have liked to see WiFi in there too (something Kodak and Samsung have opted for in their ranges) but I suspect its look alone will be more than enough for many.

An Autumn release is planned for the DPF7XSE but Toshiba has yet to reveal an RRP. Given its laptop, HD DVD player and TV pricing however expect this frame to be extremely competitive.

Link:
    Toshiba UK

• 09-04-2007 5:17 AM In reply to

Re: New digital photoframe in pure Bang & Olufsendesign

That is nice!
  • 09-04-2007 5:59 AM In reply to

A pitty of the 800 x 480 native resolution. Most digicams are 6m pix+ and then you have to scale it down to some low resolution. And if you don't do the scaling properly the result can be lousy! (jagged edges, ...)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 09-04-2007 6:22 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

that really looks like a mini BV7, BV6 or BC6. Nice.

But I have to disagree that the B&O logo on BV8 is huge and ugly. First, it can't bee seen most of the time, you only see it when you are in the right angle. Second, I have never seen an ugly B&O logo, I think it is very stylish and discrete.  Third, I would never mind the B&O logo on such a frame, if it was from B&O.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-04-2007 6:39 AM In reply to

tom:

that really looks like a mini BV7, BV6 or BC6. Nice.

But I have to disagree that the B&O logo on BV8 is huge and ugly. First, it can't bee seen most of the time, you only see it when you are in the right angle. Second, I have never seen an ugly B&O logo, I think it is very stylish and discrete.  Third, I would never mind the B&O logo on such a frame, if it was from B&O.

I can certainly agree with this statement and if it is B&O, you can use the beo4 or 5 as the remote......:-)

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 09-04-2007 6:44 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

A B&O logo is always nice,  but when the sixe is proberly 25 cm long and 2 cm high it not stylish or dicrete anymore! its bullshit

Its terrible and ugly and means that I never vill have this B&O television in my house

My house is NOT a commercial for my friends and visitors . All my product  and design from others brands  can talk for it self.  If they can´t see its a B&O or a Georg Jensen,  then its not my problem..

• 09-04-2007 6:47 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Are Beo5 going to be at multi control remote? Party!!!

• 09-04-2007 6:58 AM In reply to

Bulgarien:

Are Beo5 going to be at multi control remote? Party!!!

Yes it is !

You can even "blank" the new big size logo's on your BV with it to pleasure your guests [or yourself ofcourse].....;-)

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 09-04-2007 7:17 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

You are quite strange Bulgarien i like it you're posts are always interesting and random Wink

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-04-2007 7:55 AM In reply to

Re: New digital photoframe in pure Bang & Olufsen design

I use a Philips PhotoFrame. It's located on the side table in our livingroom.
    If the Toshiba will deliver the same quality picture then I'm sure it will be a hit.
    The Philips PhotoFrame came at a premium price... But we like it, and get very positive feedback from family and visitors.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Framing-The-Digital-Photos-38111.shtml
  • 09-04-2007 9:04 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

You are quite strange Bulgarien,- i like it. You're posts are always interesting and random Wink

Shall I say thanks..Wink 

The random comments is proberly becouse the new BeoWorld are a little boring.Sleep.

Anybody that can take a picture that shows the huge Beovision 8  B&O logo for real, no official photos shows it,- why not.. (use Imageschack for upload,- no need to ask moderator)

In real time you only can see the big letters logo and nothing else!

• 09-04-2007 9:50 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Bulgarien:

Anybody that can take a picture that shows the huge Beovision 8  B&O logo for real, no official photos shows it,- why not.. (use Imageschack for upload,- no need to ask moderator)

In real time you only can see the big letters logo and nothing else!

Are you sure about this? I have seen the BV8 several times at my dealer's, and the first thing I checked when it arrived was the logo. When you are in front of the screen, +/- 3 m away and you walk around, you can see the logo appear and disapear, so it is obviously not always visible. I can understand that you don't like it when it is visible, as it clearly is much bigger than on any other pieco of B&O.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-04-2007 10:41 AM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Sorry, I never saw what was wrong with film. I just blew of my black and white photos up to 2x3 feet. The level of detail you get with film is still miles ahead of digital
  • 09-05-2007 7:12 AM In reply to

It looks decent enough as a photo display. But definitely not B&Oish. It looks too dated and screams 2001. B&O's design is all about pushing the boundaries and setting new trends, that photo display could easily be designed by any electronic manufacturer. Don't anyone think B&O is brave for breaking the trend and decides to put it's logo on the TV?  
  • 09-05-2007 11:06 AM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

To be fair, I'm not actually sure how you could take the design any further. At least with a tv, you can factor in shape/design to the speakers, sensor, dvd player, stand etc. Perhaps B&O would be better just building in a photoframe option to their tv's, although then that's one of the ways they sell beomedia anyway. It's a pitty someone can't design one of those frames to switch on/off by means of a beo4

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)