in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-09-2007 4:59 PM by beoguy. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-03-2007 7:19 PM

Info required for multiplex module...anyone?

Smile

I originally posted this question in the vintage section with no response, so I'll try here.  I picked up a Master Stereo 600.  I can listen to my tape and cd's in stereo as long as the "stereo" button is depressed.  However, when listening to FM, I cannot depress the "stereo" button, or the audio cuts out.

I am guessing that means that the mulitplex module/unit is not installed?  What is it?  Can one get it?  I like to listen to FM, and would prefer to hear it in stereo, if possible.

Any advice apprciated!

Guy

• 09-04-2007 2:57 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Info required for multiplex module...anyone?

Guy,

The module was available as an option for those who were able to receive stereo signals (and could afford it).
    I don't think I have any spare modules and be prepared to pay a nice little sum if you find one.
    Not surprisingly, the owners don't want to part with them.
    Note that there are two basic types of MPX modules.
    There are exceptions but generally one will fit both
    the Beomaster 900 (Master 610) and Beomaster 1000,
    the other will fit the Beomaster 1000 but will only work in some Beomaster 900's.

Mounting is fairly easy.
    Two large solder points, three screws, one holding a transistor on a heatsink,
    one plug out and another in and,
    depending on the version of Master 610, also a socket and a lamp is needed (check if the stereo lamp is on when playing tape/phono).

Martin

• 09-04-2007 3:57 PM In reply to

Smile

Thank you Martin.  I guess I'll have to do with it the way it is.  I've only once seen a Beomaster 1000 or 900 over here in Canada.  My chances of finding one "beat up" is slim.

Guy

• 09-04-2007 7:29 PM In reply to

So the 610 you have is actually the predecessor of the 900 ?
    I couldn't find anything in the product list so i wasn't sure it's a tube radio or not...
    But if a stereo decoder from a BM900 will do that shouldn't be that hard to get, piles of them here in NL and not worth much...
    Could you place a photo of your BM (or @Martin: is this the older but technically similar brother of the BM900 ?).
    If you're not in a hurry and a scrap BM900 decoder will do i probably have one.
  • 09-05-2007 2:02 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Yes, the Master 610 is what was later named Beomaster 900K, or at least a very similar build but
    I suggest that Beoguy confirms how much is present in his radio first, I am thinking about
    the stereo lamp and socket and last but not least the plug for the
    stereo decoder. It's a valve socket sitting on the main PCB towards
    the right, most likely a pre-emphasis plug is currently mounted
    holding only one or two components. Watch out for the tiny coil wires in that area.

Martin

• 09-05-2007 4:52 PM In reply to

OK: Guy, if you check this out and if it seems a donor BM900 could work i'm almost sure i have 'dead' one somewhere here :).
  • 09-05-2007 7:18 PM In reply to

Smile

Thanks guys! 

Thanks ipaul!  I wish I could post a pic, but I don't have the equipment right now.  I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and the Beomaster 900k!  I'll take a look inside and let you know what I find.  You name your price for the module, and I'll send it to you!  There's very little chance of me finding one over here in Canada!

Martin, I'll check out the PCB board and see what I find. 

Guy 

• 09-06-2007 6:21 PM In reply to

Guy, i'll try to trace the broken 900 and take&post some pics of it's inside so you can compare.
    If you like i could send you the whole thing so you would have some spares :).
    Also there will probably be a partnumber on the board (s) which we can compare.
  • 09-08-2007 8:12 AM In reply to

I happen to have a copy of the circuit diagram for the decoder for both the Beomaster 900 and Beomaster 1000, would they be any use??
  • 09-08-2007 8:52 AM In reply to

Thanks for the offer but i think i also have that somewhere...i'm just ending a ''massive'' clean up at home so one of these days i'll have a look but actually one needs the diagram of the 610 decoder also to compare....
  • 09-09-2007 4:59 PM In reply to

Ok...I found some time today to have a look at the guts!  I couldn't fiqure out how to get the back off.  However I did take the back of behind the speakers.  Full of insulation.  I've decided that if I can not fiqure out how to get inside...I have no business being there.  So thank you all for your advice, and I'll enjoy FM without stereo!

Guy  Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)