in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-05-2007 8:49 AM by Beolab. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2007 4:29 PM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

beovision 7 upgrade

Hello all

I currently have a one year old bervision 7 40 inch without HDMI and im vey interested to have the new beovision 7 when it comes out, does anyone know anything about this.

i think i will still keep the 40 inch, do you know if dealers will upgrade and if so how much will they want.

shame b&o prob wont buy bacn the older dated sets.

Seanie

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-02-2007 5:01 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: beovision 7 upgrade

seanklemis:

...shame b&o prob wont buy bacn the older dated sets.

Seanie

hy seanie!

I am not very sure about the upgrade, therefor, I won't post about it. But I am quite sure, that your B&O dealer will buy back your "old" BV7-40 if you are buying a new one. He would be a fool if he did not. You may not get the price you wished/ asked, but I am still quite sure that he will buy it back.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-02-2007 10:14 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

seanklemis:

Hello all

I currently have a one year old bervision 7 40 inch without HDMI and I'm very interested to have the new beovision 7 when it comes out, does anyone know anything about this.

i think i will still keep the 40 inch, do you know if dealers will upgrade and if so how much will they want.

shame b&o prob wont buy back the older dated sets.

Seanie

Your dealer can buy it back, no problem at all..

And you can not upgrade from MK I or Mk II to MK III.

MK III have a whole new panel and BS3 chassie with other inputs and more and more. It is just the external shell that is the same as the MK II.

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 09-03-2007 11:28 AM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

Fredrik,

Is the "whole new panel" a Samsung with a faster refresh rate?

Mark D
    Mark D
  • 09-03-2007 3:10 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

AFAIR, no. It's still 8ms. Contrast ratio is higher. It's definitely an updated panel though as it's 1080p, compared to the current 768 screen.

If you go to www.bang-olufsen.com, select United States as your country, you can see the specs of the new BV7-40 online. Here is the PDF: http://www.bang-olufsen.com/UserFiles/File/Products/Technical%20Specifications/BeoVision7_en_na.pdf

Compared it to the European specifications: http://www.bang-olufsen.com/UserFiles/File/Products/Technical%20Specifications/BeoVision7_en.pdf
  • 09-04-2007 3:44 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hi there

After reading the info on BV7 i think i may just keep my MKII for now, i have connected the component cable for my HD sky box and can see its so much better.

Does anyone know if you can view the picture type as in the way you can look up if your sound is currently dolby digital or if its dobly pro logic.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-04-2007 6:48 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

As I've mentioned before, a member of my family has a brand new Samsung 32" LCD. The picture quality is terrible, despite the panel being an updated version of the panel in my old MK1 BV7-32. Why? It's all to do with the incoming source and the picture processing behind the panel.

Even my local Samsung dealer (Moss of Bath) admitted that the B&O picture processing was far superior to that of the Samsung LCDs, which is the reason for the picture performance.

A MKII BV7-40, with Sky HD, is going to be one of the best performers on the market, simply due to the incoming source and the way your TV processes the signal. I watch the odd BBC HD programme and look at my old 2004 model BV7-32 and wonder how it can be improved.

• 09-04-2007 7:22 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

As I've mentioned before, a member of my family has a brand new Samsung 32" LCD. The picture quality is terrible, despite the panel being an updated version of the panel in my old MK1 BV7-32. Why? It's all to do with the incoming source and the picture processing behind the panel.

Even my local Samsung dealer (Moss of Bath) admitted that the B&O picture processing was far superior to that of the Samsung LCDs, which is the reason for the picture performance.

A MKII BV7-40, with Sky HD, is going to be one of the best performers on the market, simply due to the incoming source and the way your TV processes the signal. I watch the odd BBC HD programme and look at my old 2004 model BV7-32 and wonder how it can be improved.

Thats true! I did a little test with my terrestrial DVB-T digital HD box yesterday, and the result where simply why B&o costs 4 times more than a original Samsung LCD display..!

I went to my friend with my DVB-T box and had the picture of the Bv 7 in my mind.. I plug it in with the HDMI cable to my friends Samsung 40" full HD and sough immediately  that the picture had many artifacts and pixel damages and more and more. The Bv 7 picture are far more smooth and more natural than any other LCD i have seined .. A little bit dark but i can live with that..

So the conclusion are that B&o uses state of the art signal processors in the Beovisions.

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 09-04-2007 7:32 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:

I plug it in with the HDMI cable to my friends Samsung 40" full HD and sough immediately  that the picture had many artifacts and pixel damages and more and more. The Bv 7 picture are far more smooth and more natural than any other LCD i have seined .. A little bit dark but i can live with that..

Definitely. I watched the Formula 1 on ITV (through a Freeview digital box) on the Samsung 32" and it was a really sunny day, so the sun was shining off the track and the cars. It was so bad, it looked like it was raining on the track! ie. there was a lot of pixalisation.

The same F1 through my BV7-32 is 10x better, via the same source. Sure, ITV's signal in the UK is very poor, but it was noticeably better on my three year old BV7 than the brand new Samsung! 

• 09-04-2007 12:27 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

whilst we all love B&O im afraid that to call the BV7 picture good is wide of the mark. Compareed to a Samsung LCD manufactured to a minimum price maybe!! lets face it the Samsung is £470 and the B&O is more than 10 times the price.

A lot depends on the settings, but a latest spec sharp will out perform a BV7 . Whilst picture processing is of course very important its response time and contrast ratio that have meaning in this context. However good B&O might be in picture processing im afraid nothing makes up for the panel

• 09-04-2007 7:19 PM In reply to

Well have to say Response time is very over rated, 4ms 6ms 8 or 16ms???? The signal thats broad casted is updated every 40ms (pr. full pic.) hmm...

It's possible to see flicker at 50Hz (20ms), not at 60Hz  (17ms), I read out of this that the fastest an eye can see is 20ms...

so haw good is a TV with 4 ms instead of 16ms, have to say it's all sales talk. and will still think so when it's 1 nano sec....

• 09-05-2007 4:01 AM In reply to

Having had an extensive demo of the BV7,I have to say that I was extremely disappointed with the PQ.

If one is going to make comparisons with other manufacturers products then please make them meaningful.

A BV7 v a Loewe,for example,a Spheros,or an Individual Compose,and a BV9 v a Pioneer 8G,or a Fujitsu 58.

• 09-05-2007 5:19 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

TerryM:

Having had an extensive demo of the BV7,I have to say that I was extremely disappointed with the PQ.

If one is going to make comparisons with other manufacturers products then please make them meaningful.

A BV7 v a Loewe,for example,a Spheros,or an Individual Compose,and a BV9 v a Pioneer 8G,or a Fujitsu 58.

You were right to be dissapointed with the PQ, whilst some might argue that technical specifications are rather meaningless- which may be true, the fact is that many lower brands produce a picture which is far better. Fact is the BV7 only looks good switched off.

• 09-05-2007 5:54 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

355f:
    TerryM:

You were right to be disappointed with the PQ, whilst some might argue that technical specifications are rather meaningless- which may be true, the fact is that many lower brands produce a picture which is far better. Fact is the BV7 only looks good switched off.

But it will be a different sound in the bell with the BV 7-40 MK III  ...!

The rumor say that the BV 7-40 MKIII have better picture ( richer colors, more depth, sharper and great blackness) than the BV9 1080p !

(I have ordered a MKIII Dark Grey) 

BL8000 MkII Black

• 09-05-2007 6:27 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:
    355f:
    TerryM:

You were right to be disappointed with the PQ, whilst some might argue that technical specifications are rather meaningless- which may be true, the fact is that many lower brands produce a picture which is far better. Fact is the BV7 only looks good switched off.

The rumor say that the BV 7-40 MKIII have better picture ( richer colors, more depth, sharper and great blackness) than the BV9 1080p !

You are correct of course the MK111 will be excellent im sure. We are of course talking about existing Mk1 and 11 varients. I think the earier versions were B&O First foray onto serious lcd and it has to be said-not the best effort, mainly becasue for serious viewing plasma is so far ahead. While im sure the Mk111 will be great i very much doubt with the panel they are using that the blacks will match the BV9- the technology needs to move on a bit- or B&O need to use a later panel which im sure they will do in time

• 09-05-2007 6:29 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:
    355f:
    TerryM:

You are correct of course the MK111 will be excellent im sure. We are of course talking about existing Mk1 and 11 varients. I think the earier versions were B&O First foray onto serious lcd and it has to be said-not the best effort. While im sure the Mk111 will be great i very much doubt with the panel they are using that the blacks will match the BV9- the technology needs to move on a bit- or B&O need to use a later panel which im sure they will do in time.

However , when we talk about richer colours, more depth, greater blackness than a BV9 we have to be careful not to get carried away. Even with the latest geenration of panels plasma is still far ahead unless B&O have created something that no one in the world has yet thought of!

• 09-05-2007 6:59 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

355f :Take a look at this:

Re: Here is ours

We are looking at the same OTA signal on BV7 and BV9, side by side, all settings centered.  The combination of screen size, difference in screen resolution, viewing distance, and black screen on BV7 seem to give it an advantage on blacks and contrast when compared to the BV9.  Amazingly, the color depth and hue are dead equal on the two pictures.  My eyes start to give out at 11' with the BV7, and the BV9 is still comfortable at 15', but we can't blame that on the tv, now can we?  The DVD scaling is amazing.   Just a couple of thoughts.  Ray.
    Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 09-05-2007 8:09 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:

355f :Take a look at this:

Re: Here is ours

We are looking at the same OTA signal on BV7 and BV9, side by side, all settings centered.  The combination of screen size, difference in screen resolution, viewing distance, and black screen on BV7 seem to give it an advantage on blacks and contrast when compared to the BV9.  Amazingly, the color depth and hue are dead equal on the two pictures.  My eyes start to give out at 11' with the BV7, and the BV9 is still comfortable at 15', but we can't blame that on the tv, now can we?  The DVD scaling is amazing.   Just a couple of thoughts.  Ray.
    Regards

Well its a lovely review by one B&O fanatic and its his personal opinion. Now back in the real world! I work in this business and i can assure you that for serious viewing there is not an LCD that comes close to a good plasma- I say agin the technolgy is not there to support it. There may be an argument to say that when watching HD only it could be close but on SD and for viewing pleasure its plasma all the way. HOWEVER- im at the IFA show in Berlin now and a dealer speech was given by the head of Pioneer( who make some truly exceptioonal plasma) who stated- ' many people seem totally oblivious to image quality hence even in the present market 70pc of sales are going to LCD which is an inferior technology.

Im sure the MK111 will be a great TV and its agood choice- all im saying is that it willnot better the BV9 and if one considers the fundamentals of LCD its easy to understand why. LCD all have the same issues, vivid bright colours( especially yellows and red) motion issues, grey scales( obvioudly because of a permant backlight and contrast ratios. We all judge a product differently but the LCD market os moving so rapidly( samsung and sharp plan 4 new generationd of panle next year( and B&O isnt even using the latest of what one can buy now)

Still plasma doesnt suit everyone and has its dissadvantages. I do however recall when the BV7 mk1 came out that the same debates took place then! 

• 09-05-2007 8:15 AM In reply to

Not having seen them,I cannot comment on the performance of either the Full HD BV7,and BV9,so they may well represent the best in their respective technologies.

However,the competition does not stand still.

Shortly arriving,we have the Fujitsu Aviamo LCD,and Plasma,TVs,and the Pioneer Full HD Plasmas.

Then early next year,the Loewe Connect.

• 09-05-2007 8:49 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

355f:

I agree that the dealer here is not so into the advanced technology behind plasma and LCD. He (Ray) thinks BV7 MK III  looking better than the the BV9 because he watching it in the daylight in the store! Plasma doesn't look so well in daylight, the deep blackness disappears and the colors brightens out.. The LCD have a advantage on this because when people looks at a plasma in a lightened store compared to a LCD the LCD always looking better. But when you come home and install your LCD in your darker apartment the LCD looks like the plasma did in the store.=(

So the conclusion of this are:

Plasma = For darker rooms (Always looking better at home watching TV or a move)

LCD=  Needs light surroundings to hide all the artefact's. ( Are built for computer use in the beginning not for TV/Movies aspects)

Personally i go against my own teori and facts because i prefer High End LCD:s PQ better than plasmas! I only like Pioneer if i must buy a Plasma tv...

If B&O and Pioneer would have a romans i think it would be the best TV:s in the world, but sadly B&O have chosen wrong brands to play with!!!!

BL8000 MkII Black

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)