in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-03-2007 6:51 AM by VANTAGE. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2007 4:09 PM

• VANTAGE
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-02-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 22
    • Bronze Member

BeoSound 9000 problem

Hi people!

I have a BeoSound 9000 bought new in Sweden in June 1999. When I listen to CDs on it, the sound sometimes gets cut for a second (as if I had pressed the mute button), and then the music resumes exactly where it had stopped. It happens at random moments on basically all my CDs, so it is not due to some specific old and/or scratched CD. I have tried to clean the laser lens with a special cleaning CD, but to no avail... It is quite annoying.

By the way, when I listen to CDs on my DVD1, then there is no problem, but that's hardly a solution. (Maybe I should mention that my BeoSound 9000 is connected via a PowerLink cable to a Beovision 3 home cinema system - all loudspeakers are B&O of course).

Any idea about what could cause this problem? Many thanks in advance for your tips/ideas.

Vantage

• 09-02-2007 4:19 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 9000 problem

Sounds like a fault with the actual laser ? needs adjustment. From your description the error circuitry is tripping in too much - or at least that would be a medical diagnosis! I think it needs a trip to the service department - may need a simple adjustment but will need have measurements using diagnostic equipment.
  • 09-02-2007 4:20 PM In reply to

I have seen this fault before and a new CD VAM pcb cured it. Apparently it is a know fault on the earlier models and loads of them were done under warranty. Too late for this one!

It's PCB 40 Part Number 8005430

I did the job myself but it is quite involved.

Regards Graham

• 09-03-2007 6:51 AM In reply to

• VANTAGE
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-02-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 22
    • Bronze Member

Dear Graham & Peter,

Many thanks for your inputs. I did suspect that I would probably in for a trip to the service department - your posts (unfortunately) confirmed this!

Kind regards,

Klaus

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)