in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-05-2008 3:39 AM by Tux. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2007 7:52 AM

HELP - BV7 40 MKII

I have a BV7 40" MKII and want to use SKY HD with it, I know the tv is HD ready , but i dont have a HDMI socket in the BV7, So my question is how do i know if it is HD ready and how will i receive a HD signel from the Sky HD box.

Jon

• 09-02-2007 9:23 AM In reply to

• Paulc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Founder

Re: HELP - BV7 40 MKII

Your BV7-40 has a DVI input, you can get HDMI Socket to DVI plug adaptor that will convert the end of a HDMI lead to DVI for connection to the set.

You should still connect the Scart for analogue sound, and for the best results you should also obtain a Optical to Coaxial converter to provide connection from the Sky HD Optical digital out put to one of the BV7-40 coaxial digital inputs.

When configuring you simply go in the BV7-40 menu, connections, and for example AV2, set it to DTV (STB), turn on HDTV - DVI, and indicated the audio socket used and the IR output socket for the control.

All should then be fine.

• 02-26-2008 5:56 AM In reply to

• Tux
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Lyon, France
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Hi

I'm pretty sure to have a BV7-40 MKII (type 9358 from February 2006) and the only way to display HD source from DVI input is to select AV4 with HDTV option set to NONE.
    It necessary to connect an audio cable. Analogic stereo into AV4 RCA sockets or/and digital into one of the digital input (A1 to A4) and "link" it to AV4.

My home configuration is:
    An HD source: Freebox HD (Free is a French internet provider: internet + telephone + TV on ADSL line) connected with HDMI to DVI cable into DVI socket.

Input AV4 is set as PC (Beo4 PC input added).

Analogic audio is connected to AV4 sockets.

Numeric audio is connected to A2 (A1 is not free: Philips DVD writer), this input is selected into connection AV4 menu.

That works fine! Except digital audio from Freebox HD... Nothing goes out from speakers.

In fact, both signals (from DVD recorder and Freebox) resemble each other.

From Freebox HD (digital coaxial socket):

And from Philips DVD recorder, same source (Freebox analog output internaly converted to digital):

Same signal shape but, maybe, not same data... 

Any idea?

Thanks

Take care,

Tux 

• 03-05-2008 3:39 AM In reply to

• Tux
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Lyon, France
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member