in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-17-2008 3:06 PM by Urs. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2007 6:32 AM

vista beoplayer/beomedia annoyance

Hi,

Since March this year i have a laptop with Vista 32 bits O.S.. Since than i am not able to access Beomedi1 anymore. I know we will have to wait for a Beoplayer update and who knows when that will happen?

So, does anyone know a workaround to access Beomedia1? I prefer wireless since the Beomedia is hidden in a corner.

Eager for your replies,

Ton 

• 08-31-2007 11:27 AM In reply to

Re: vista beoplayer/beomedia annoyance

Ton,
    Welcome to Beoworld!

I don't have beomedia 1 but I have a friend who just recently (last week) installed it.
    BeoPlayer works with his Vista 32bit. Similar setup as yours - wireless laptop, BeoMedia connected to router.
    He experiences glitches with his operating system freezing once in a while.

Otherwise he is able to control BeoMedia 1, I will double check.

Have you tried installing latest BeoPlayer from B&O website?

David the BeoPerson
  • 08-31-2007 2:28 PM In reply to

Hi David,

First of all: thank you for your reply. In answer to your question, yes I have the latest player. Beoplayer works and it goes wrong when I enter Beomedia's ip address during the set-up procedure. I enter the correct IP address and than...the big nothing. I am curious  if your friend's set up works.

Thank you and regards,

Ton 

• 09-07-2007 8:58 AM In reply to

Sorry for delay in reply.
    It does work for Vista. I have verified with the friend. B&O sent him updated version of the software for Vista.
    After installation it worked perfectly.
    Hope this helps.
    Good luck!
    David the BeoPerson
  • 02-18-2008 11:59 AM In reply to

We have been working with the beoplayer 4.26 without problems on many Windows Vista versions. If you need some more information on how to configure it (configure also Windows Vista only with the basic services to improve performance), post me. Regard, BeoFreaky

• 02-21-2008 8:19 AM In reply to

• madmax
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-14-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

I would be really grateful if you could provide any advice or information on how to configure Vista to connect to BeoMedia. I upgraded my laptop form XP to Vista several months agp and have not been able to connect to my BeoMedia box since then.

Many Thanks, Madmax.

• 06-17-2008 3:06 PM In reply to

• Urs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-01-2007
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Hello everyone

did anyone find a solution about that problem? I also have Vista Home Premium now and since them it's not possible to ad the BeoMedia.

If I try to connect in the first window with the password the software ask me for the IP-adress:

the window ask me to open port 137, 138, 139

this I've already done, but it don't works.

Even I'm not possible to ping the ip adress of the BeoMedia.

I already ask the Bang Olufsen Service and since more than one week (what a miracle) I don't get any answer.

Could it be also, because of I use the Internet Explorer 7.0? I know they also had problems with Internet Explorer.

If anyone here is more clever than B&O it would be great to hear from you Devil

Thanks in advance

Urs

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)