in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-03-2007 11:16 AM by Peter. 281 replies.
Page 3 of 12 (282 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-06-2007 4:16 PM In reply to

Re: Beo 5 Countdown- who get the first one...?

Sorry.. yes looks like it works fine in offline mode..
  • 09-06-2007 4:26 PM In reply to

The B&O bird must be a very quick one!! Seems quite complicated to me! And it doesn't have Pentas on it! Interesting as it does have the Beovision LX even if a picture of an MX is given!
  • 09-06-2007 6:00 PM In reply to

There are no special buttons you only use with pentas, like there is with an LX Indifferent
  • 09-06-2007 6:13 PM In reply to

wtlc2zpx:

I visited my dealer at lunchtime with the intention to order one, but he would not give me the configuration software... so I won't buy it...

Why do you want this tool so badly? Isnt this tool to configure your setup for once and for all, untill you are going to add some more stuff? Or do you think you can get more out of it? Just curious.

....mr anders(son):

in the end of the config you can use the remote as it will be in real, very cool

must haveParty!!!

Can you, or somebody else configure an STB in the tool, i.e DreamboxStick out tongue and tell me if the Beo5 shows a menu-layout of the STB in the display of the Beo5?

If that is a yes, it is definitely a big must have for me.Cool 

• 09-06-2007 6:16 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

eduard:

That is correct, there are about 4000 symbols/logo's in the Beo-5, so enough to choose.

It will take a dealer within 5 minutes to make the Beo-5 for your personal use..... great!

actually that is far from the truth... i have been using the software for a while now and im actually pre-programming a couple beo5s for my cliets and it definetly takes more than 5 mins. It all varies of course of how extensive the programming is, lets remember that its fully custom made. But 5 mins, definetly not. 
    -Alex
  • 09-06-2007 6:18 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

DoubleU:

Can you, or somebody else configure an STB in the tool, i.e DreamboxStick out tongue and tell me if the Beo5 shows a menu-layout of the STB in the display of the Beo5?

yes but other STBs will have to be added to the PUC by Denmark 1st then available to upload to beo5. But yes you will have the menu layout on Beo5
    -Alex
  • 09-06-2007 6:36 PM In reply to

Thanks Alex. My STB-controller is allready up to date, so all I need is a Beo5.Smile
  • 09-06-2007 6:49 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

they have to load the codes to the Beo5 too via Beo5 configuration tool if you want the menu layout on the screen. 
    -Alex
  • 09-06-2007 7:00 PM In reply to

Sorry, do you mean the macro-codes?
  • 09-06-2007 8:14 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

no, buttons like.. guide, page up/down, on demand, etc. same goes for like a bluray player... buttons that are exclusive to that box. So to make it simple you have to have the code on your PUC/STB library and on the Beo5 library. 
    -Alex
  • 09-07-2007 1:10 AM In reply to

DoubleU:
    wtlc2zpx:

I visited my dealer at lunchtime with the intention to order one, but he would not give me the configuration software... so I won't buy it...

Why do you want this tool so badly? Isnt this tool to configure your setup for once and for all, untill you are going to add some more stuff? Or do you think you can get more out of it? Just curious.

....mr anders(son):

in the end of the config you can use the remote as it will be in real, very cool

must haveParty!!!

Current STB PUC codes are there in Beo5 sw, and Dreambox is there. And Playstation 3???? 

Wich all we now use bluetooth......strange

I have foward the question to Beocare, see how long it takes for them to answer

Ok, now I am going to Milan Monza for F1

see you soonTravel 

• 09-07-2007 2:37 AM In reply to

DoubleU:
    wtlc2zpx:

I visited my dealer at lunchtime with theintention to order one, but he would not give me the configurationsoftware... so I won't buy it...

Why do you want this toolso badly? Isnt this tool to configure your setup for once and for all,untill you are going to add some more stuff? Or do you think you canget more out of it? Just curious.

Both really! 

I tend to re-organise my setting relatively often, moving things from a room to another, and I do not want to go and annoy my dealer every time. He does not need to know either each time I have bought something from someone else than him (eBay, Lifestyle, other dealer).

Also, being geeky, I think half of the fun with this remote is the configuration bit.

I think like the PCG it should be available for members in the download section. 

Anyway, if anyone is willing to share, PM me and I'll send you a link where there's plenty of space to up upload it... 

As soon as I got it I rush to my dealer and order one! 

p.

• 09-07-2007 2:52 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

wtlc2zpx:

I tend to re-organise my setting relatively often, moving things from a room to another, and I do not want to go and annoy my dealer every time. He does not need to know either each time I have bought something from someone else than him (eBay, Lifestyle, other dealer).

Also, being geeky, I think half of the fun with this remote is the configuration bit.

I think like the PCG it should be available for members in the download section. 

Yes I agree, I feel its intrusive too and I'm always re-tuning my configuration settings.

• 09-07-2007 3:16 AM In reply to

• misled
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 66
    • Bronze Member

Ok, now I am going to Milan Monza for F1

see you soonTravel 

....mr anders(son)

i'm going to monza f1 too.

BVision10-46,BLab11,BSound5,BMaster5,BLab8000,BLab6000,BLab2500,BCom5,BCom6000,BeoTime,BeoPort,Beo4,Beo5

• 09-07-2007 5:20 AM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

Is there a nice person out there who fancies emailing / sending me a link to the s/ware?

:-)

Greg

• 09-07-2007 5:21 AM In reply to

BritOps:

Yes I agree, I feel its intrusive too and I'm always re-tuning my configuration settings.

And some dealer would give the software away and some won't...

• 09-07-2007 5:31 AM In reply to

jandyt:

Hi EdSmile
    Welcome back, I hope you had a nice holiday.
    I have a specific date for my Beo5 and I can assure you it will involve a photo' type thread on here!
    Let the race begin......

Andy T.

Assuming our Danish overlords stick to the plan, then it will be a close run thing - Peter and Andyt may well be in receipt of a Beo5 on the same day, which will/should be the day of arrival at all UK outlets (assuming a universal shipping date, which is the norm with new products, although not always 100% )

The unkown "courier effect" can also play a part in exact delivery dates.

Having spent a few hoursplaying with a pre-production unit, and learning the software procedures, I can assure you all it is a fine product, and will be a "must-have" for anyone with an AV link system.  Less crucial for audio only link, and even less so for stand alone audio systems,  although still very nice to have if budget permits.Yes -  thumbs up

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 09-07-2007 6:38 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

What I would like to know:

- Are the hardwarekeys backlit?
    - does it support 3rd party devices (for example Apple remote for controlling front row or Apple TV with the Beo 5?)
    - does the database/software include general symbols (e.g. for "play", "pause" etc.) for 3rd party equipment?
    - can I import my own custom graphics/symbols/logos to the software?

Thanks.

• 09-07-2007 9:35 AM In reply to

Hello all.

For a view minutes, I receive a phone call from my dealer - my Beo5 is ready for pick up!!!
    Great!
    This evenig, I have to configure the thing.......

Greetings from Switzerland.

Baddik

• 09-07-2007 9:57 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Baddik:

This evenig, I have to configure the thing.......

Greetings from Switzerland.

Baddik

No, you're wrong! This evening you're doing photos for us ;-)

• 09-07-2007 9:57 AM In reply to

I would get the dealer to configure it! At least the first time! The system is truly superb and open to so much in the way of tweaking that you could miss out on some features! This really does seem to be a wonderful product! Only being two way would make it better!
  • 09-07-2007 2:47 PM In reply to

yes you're right... but as you say, it can be tweaked, and I don't think I want to return to my dealer each time I want to swap two virtual buttons.

Can you tell me if the Apple Remote is in the list of devices...

p. 

• 09-07-2007 3:06 PM In reply to

KingStreet:
    jandyt:

Hi EdSmile
    Welcome back, I hope you had a nice holiday.
    I have a specific date for my Beo5 and I can assure you it will involve a photo' type thread on here!
    Let the race begin......

Andy T.

Assuming our Danish overlords stick to the plan, then it will be a close run thing - Peter and Andyt may well be in receipt of a Beo5 on the same day, which will/should be the day of arrival at all UK outlets (assuming a universal shipping date, which is the norm with new products, although not always 100% )

The unkown "courier effect" can also play a part in exact delivery dates.

Having spent a few hoursplaying with a pre-production unit, and learning the software procedures, I can assure you all it is a fine product, and will be a "must-have" for anyone with an AV link system.  Less crucial for audio only link, and even less so for stand alone audio systems,  although still very nice to have if budget permits.Yes -  thumbs up

I might try to come down so we can configure it properly. I will have to work out what I have in each room! I also need to make a list of which channels we watch - mine and Eleanor's vary a little!!!!! Laughing 

• 09-09-2007 2:08 PM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

Is anyone willing to share the s/ware?  I can ask my dealer bu I think I know his answer before I ask!

My dealer gets the Beo 5 in on the 24th of the month and has training a few days before.  So I won;t get chance to order one before then.

Greg

Page 3 of 12 (282 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »