in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-19-2007 5:31 PM by andyp. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-18-2007 10:13 AM

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

BS4 vs. BS9000?

I have and love a BS9000.  However, the wife wants to "re-do" the room.  The BS4 has a smaller footprint (and, with my BLPC2, I don't use the multi-CD capability all that much) which might make the wife happier.  Me, I'm always looking for an excuse to buy something new, however, I'm a little worried that I'd be giving up some sound quality as the BS9000 is "top of the line" so theoretically it may provide a better sound signal to my BL8000 + BL2 (although, the vision of BL9s are also dancing in my head).  I also like the SD card sharing capbility between BS2 and BS3.  I have a few cards filled with my favorites which I enjoy (and haven't bothered to make matching playlists in the PC2).

Has anybody with "golden ears" compared the sound quality of CD play between these two?  Aside from the digital-out (and 6 CD capability :)) of the BS9000 are there feature differences between the two.  Please don't say that sound quality doesn't matter because I'm using compressed music - I also have a turntable.

Thanks,

Stan

• 04-18-2007 10:22 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: BS4 vs. BS9000?

hi stan!

i think you have enumerated most of the differences between the two systems. if i was you, i would not give away the bs9000. even if you don't use the cd capacity that much, it still looks fabulous. if you have bs2 and bs3, it would be a logical step to go for a bs4, but still, i'm not sure if i would do it.

if your wife wants to redo the room, tell her to buy a pair of bl5, they certainly would make change the room! Stick out tongue

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-19-2007 5:31 PM In reply to

• andyp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Peak District, UK
    • Posts 57
    • Bronze Member

Re: BS4 vs. BS9000?

I think thats an interesting question, and one I've thought about before: do the current Beosounds sound the same (when all using the analogue output), and are the speakers the main sonic difference? I think the answers are: very similar and yes...Which begs the question, when are we ever going to get a high end Beosound to drive some of the (rather esoteric) speakers B&O are currently producing? There seems to be a mis-match in systems and respective performances at the moment. I'm about to test a Meridian CD player with the 5's (from my usual BS4); I'm looking forward to discovering what changing the CD transport does to the listening enjoyment with these speakers. I'd love to update the BS4 with a B&O.....
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)