in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-26-2007 10:48 AM by Alex. 62 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-23-2007 6:17 AM In reply to

Re: Official DVD2 pictures on Mediacenter

It is much to much !!!!! It is stealing from your customers!!!
  • 08-23-2007 3:11 PM In reply to

• beodim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 130
    • Founder

Bingo:

Ofcourse they did, their first V2000 VCR was a rebadged Philips, but then they did not ask 5 or ten times the price. Now they do, and that is the most respectless thing you can do to a customer.

The price of DVD2 in Switzerland: CHF 1865.-

The current price of Philips 7310 (which I believe was used as the basis for DVD2) in Switzerland: CHF 830.-

Bingo, I let you do the math regarding how much times it is...

The result I get is in any case far away from "5 or 10 times the price".

BV7-40, BC6-26, DVD2, BCordV8000, BS4, BS2, BS Ouverture, BC9500, BM8000, BCord9000, BL8000, BL6000, BL2, BL3, BVox4500, BCom6000, Beomedia1, BCom5, Serenata

• 08-23-2007 3:18 PM In reply to

beodim:

The price of DVD2 in Switzerland: CHF 1865.-

The current price of Philips 7310 (which I believe was used as the basis for DVD2) in Switzerland: CHF 830.-

Bingo, I let you do the math regarding how much times it is...

The result I get is in any case far away from "5 or 10 times the price".

Yes, you are right, but it's more than twice the price anyway. And this only for reboxing....? I don't think this is a good price.  

• 08-23-2007 3:28 PM In reply to

• beodim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 130
    • Founder

I am not saying that it is a good price. I just don't think it is appropriate to make unsubstantiated allegations in public about the price being 5, 8 or 10 times higher than the "original" Philips, like some people have done it in this thread. Even the cheapest Philips DVD recorder with a hard disk would cost you around CHF 500 here, so it is just not true.

BV7-40, BC6-26, DVD2, BCordV8000, BS4, BS2, BS Ouverture, BC9500, BM8000, BCord9000, BL8000, BL6000, BL2, BL3, BVox4500, BCom6000, Beomedia1, BCom5, Serenata

• 08-23-2007 4:34 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

well ive not checked  yet on the prices here in the UK but there are other examples, the BV4 for example is 4 times the cost of the panasonic panel( which is what the bv4 is.

I have just purchased a panasonic dvd recorder with digital tuner for a retailprice of 275. My undestanding is that the dvd2 will be near to £1000 so thats tthree times the price. the point being made is that the dvd is a low end phillips unit which lacks the integration and digitial tuner in a alum box. This is not the way B&O should be going. The other issue is that very shortly the phillips product will collapse in price wheras the B&O one will increase or stay the same making the pricing issue even more of an issue than the nonsense it is now. So it wont be long before the 5 times the price becomes valid.

The electronics world has moved on and B&O need to make a better effort in these areas and make all the products worthy of the sums asked they can no longer operate in the way they used to- otherwise they will be out of business.

• 08-23-2007 5:17 PM In reply to

DVD2 800 to 900 pounds in the UK...
  • 08-23-2007 11:51 PM In reply to

i think you should all wait to see the product before you start making claims. Sure it seems to be phillips mech (remember the BeoCenter 2 has a pioneer mech and we've stopped arguing about that yonks ago).

Remember that there is going to be some B&O software involved.

How many of you owners are willing to have another remote in your system? Beo4 and soon Beo5 is the best remote system on the planet. Everything else, including learning remotes are complicted to use and set up. There has to be a premium paid for this convenience or else everyone would be doing it.

The alumnium case the DVD2 is housed in wouldn't be cheap and because B&O don't sell in large numbers then they can't product in huge numbers to keep costs down.

What would you be prepared to pay for a fully developed B&O DVD Recorder?

Also we don't know what kind of picture processing that B&O are doing to the player to improve the picture quality.

Hold your judgement...

jazz

• 08-24-2007 2:15 AM In reply to

jazz:

Hold your judgement...

That's what i am doing. But when it's out....we will judge...  

• 08-24-2007 5:07 AM In reply to

I think as a DVD player it will be great, for those who don't have a BV7 or a BC2, the box looks good, no problem. it is a huge step forward from the DVD1. Some people on the French forum say the picture is fantastic.

The DVD1 was also a rebranded box, in a not so nice box. 

But it is well integrated and functions like a Beo device should be.

As a HD recorder... there is no need to wait... the official web site says it... no timed recording... so it is completely useless!!!!

They did that for 2 reasons... not to canibalise the sales of HDR2... and because it costs less in adapting the firmware of the Philips to work nicely with the 2 way AVL.

p.

• 08-26-2007 6:58 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

355f:

well ive not checked  yet on the prices here in the UK but there are other examples, the BV4 for example is 4 times the cost of the panasonic panel( which is what the bv4 is.

I have just purchased a panasonic dvd recorder with digital tuner for a retailprice of 275. My undestanding is that the dvd2 will be near to £1000 so thats tthree times the price. the point being made is that the dvd is a low end phillips unit which lacks the integration and digitial tuner in a alum box. This is not the way B&O should be going. The other issue is that very shortly the phillips product will collapse in price wheras the B&O one will increase or stay the same making the pricing issue even more of an issue than the nonsense it is now. So it wont be long before the 5 times the price becomes valid.

The electronics world has moved on and B&O need to make a better effort in these areas and make all the products worthy of the sums asked they can no longer operate in the way they used to- otherwise they will be out of business.

Im absolutely agree in your pointSmile.

10 K is very cheep ,- you get pure B&O softvare, a very, very expensive cabinet and proberly some changes  in the hardware .

- but that is not the point in this way

If you want to sell B&O DVD2 after some years,  you can got near the same prise as you gave! Big Smile

In others words,- its very cheap to own B&O products.

If you buy the Phillips version you just throw you money out of the window , no none want to have a Phillips model after 2 years, 

Buy B&O and enjoy the fantastic design and easy use, and get near all you money back after a great period of joy. Only Bang Olufsen can offer this. and therefore B&O cheap to own, (but you need to get the money first.) Wink

• 08-26-2007 7:29 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

Bulgarien:
    355f:

Im absolutely agree in your pointSmile.

10 K is very cheep ,- you get pure B&O softvare, a very, very expensive cabinet and proberly some changes  in the hardware .

- but that is not the point in this way

If you want to sell B&O DVD2 after some years,  you can got near the same prise as you gave! Big Smile

In others words,- its very cheap to own B&O products.

If you buy the Phillips version you just throw you money out of the window , no none want to have a Phillips model after 2 years, 

Buy B&O and enjoy the fantastic design and easy use, and get near all you money back after a great period of joy. Only Bang Olufsen can offer this. and therefore B&O cheap to own, (but you need to get the money first.) Wink

Well times have moved on! and clearly you have not tried to sell any fairly recent B&O itmes ( non audio) over the past year!!

Nearly the price you paid for it??? you must be joking! The fact is on vision items the market has capsized and you will be lucky to get 1/3 of the price back that yhou paid for it. The market is now moving so quickly B&O is being left behind. You might still be lucky on audio ( speakers)

So im afraid the financial strength you refer to just isnt fact. Ask anyone whos bought a bv4/bv5/bv7 BS2 ect! ie all the vsiion products.

My bv4 cost £9.750 the best offer I had for it was £1500. By early BV7  cost £6000 offer £1800. Youn really should buy the dvd2 and see what you get for it in 2 years!!!

• 08-26-2007 8:56 AM In reply to

• Goldfrog88
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Gold Member

For those of you guys who say the design isn't for you, ask yourself what should the design be like? Personally I love the new BS3 - DVD2 design. I had a Beosystem 5000 for 15 years; my son has it now. It reminds me of that. 

If you're worried about the price, you shouldn't be looking at B&O. Buy a Phillips, but don't come whinging that you have an extra remote on the table; that you're having trouble connecting it to a linked TV; that it really doesn't fit in your lounge room ...

Me, I'm waiting with bated breath for my DVD 2 order to arrive!

• 08-26-2007 10:48 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I love the design. If the build quality is anything like the HDR2, then it'll be flawless from that respect. However, I'm skipping over the internals...

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 3 of 3 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3