in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-26-2007 10:48 AM by Alex. 62 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (63 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-20-2007 12:38 PM

Official DVD2 pictures on Mediacenter

Official DVD2 pictures on Mediacenter...

• 08-20-2007 12:46 PM In reply to

Re: Official DVD2 pictures on Mediacenter

oh... and it has been quietly released on the web site...

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=329

• 08-20-2007 12:56 PM In reply to

• pehre
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

DVD2 is also on

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=8

but  the image of theDVD2 is not linked

• 08-20-2007 12:58 PM In reply to

"DVD 2 can make manual and timed recordings from the built-in analogue tuner, as well as manual analogue recordings from a set-top box connected to the television."

Duh... I guess you were right Peter... i still can't believe it! Why on earth Beo would release a recorder that cannot be programmed...  (analog TV tuner is of no use as we know).

I still don't understand that it cannot react to the timer that is inside some TV (BV7)... strange... 

p. 

• 08-20-2007 1:08 PM In reply to

Yes, this is not that good. I would expect B&O hardware to communicate between each other. So when you would programm a STB movie, then the TV timer would hand over this information to the DVD2 and this one would record it. can't be that hard to implement, others already do have such features. Too bad.
  • 08-20-2007 2:23 PM In reply to

• 08-20-2007 2:25 PM In reply to

• joynsyde
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-09-2007
    • Midwest, U.S.A.
    • Posts 130
    • Bronze Member

I think it looks fantastic!  When do we get it in the USA?  Please, please, tell me they'll bring it 'cross the ocean!
    ...my two cents ~AJ
  • 08-20-2007 3:47 PM In reply to

• andyp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Peak District, UK
    • Posts 57
    • Bronze Member

Does anyone know how much DVD2 is in the UK?

• 08-20-2007 3:56 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

....mr anders(son):

and some really nice picture of BV8-32

Aren't these photoshopped images?  They look very 'artificial'

I'm sure you could do miles better Anders!

Lee

Big Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-20-2007 4:00 PM In reply to

andyp:

Does anyone know how much DVD2 is in the UK?

Andy,

Expect a very similar price to HDR 2 ( c£1000 ) in UK shops.  ETA mid Sept.  Along with Beo 5 ( Big Smile  )

Regards

David 

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 08-20-2007 4:02 PM In reply to

• 08-20-2007 4:06 PM In reply to

Does look super!

Still a bit buly though.. is there any need for it to be that big?

• 08-20-2007 4:12 PM In reply to

mobeyone:

Does look super!

Still a bit buly though.. is there any need for it to be that big?

Moby - its in the same box as HDR2 - which allows a "stacking system" to be acheived along with BeoSystem 3, not that many folks will have an HDR2 and a DVD2 in one pile.

I think you will find there will be a family of products in this chassis 

• 08-20-2007 4:26 PM In reply to

I wish they did an empty box like the DVD2 that I could hide my set-top box into.

p. 

• 08-20-2007 4:28 PM In reply to

wtlc2zpx:

I wish they did an empty box like the DVD2 that I could hide my set-top box into.

p. 

The case should be available as a service spare - I will let you know

Regards 

• 08-20-2007 5:10 PM In reply to

Yeah it would be nice if B&O give me a call and ask me to take the pictures to the 2008-2009 catalogStick out tongue
  • 08-20-2007 10:20 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

wtlc2zpx:
    Official DVD2 pictures on Mediacenter...

I recognize the display, it's identical to my Philips DVD recorder which comes up with the same display info when the disc is ejected. Nevertheless it looks very nice, and it would be very cool to buy the outer shell to hide my recorder inside it!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-21-2007 2:54 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

I'm so dissapointed by the first picture on their webpage. I have always loved the cleanliness of B&O products, where other products are always filled with little textbits and logos, such as HD-ready, 2X10W, RDS and so on, which I find incredibly ugly, and when you have bought a product, why would you need to look at these bits of information every day??
    Well now B&O have done exactly that on the DVD2.

I understand that they have made it to look like the other boxes, but I think it is ridiculous to make it that big, when it would be no problem to make it half the size.

Sorry for my negative post, but I get more and more dissapointed by our favourite brand Sad

edit: Another thing I don't understand is B&O displays. Why have there never been a system in these?? It's silly that they are different colour, it looks kinda stupid when the Avant has a red display and you have a BS3000 next to it with a green display. I understand than new products like BS2 and BS4 needs new displays as they show more info, and you have to renew yourself once in a while.

• 08-21-2007 4:33 AM In reply to

Hi,

Do not worry about the logos and the display, you should never see them when the lid is closed.

I say the HDR2 box, and it looks beautiful. And this one will look exactly the same.

I am very dissapointed the I cannot use the timer to record. This makes it absolutely pointless to me.

I have a DVD in my TV (BV7), so I am not buying it to use it as a DVD player. I was planning to use it as a HDR, with the possibility to archive shows that I want to keep on a DVD. But I do not see the point of only being able to record things that I am watching, it a little bit stupid.

Again Beo have not realised that analog TV tuners are obsolete, right now, in europe....

Anyway... the good thing is that I have saved 800 pounds! as I won't buy it!

I'll continue to use my HDR1 and archive on tape with my V8000!

• 08-21-2007 9:45 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

The logos are 100% Philips. The entire unit is Philips apart from some minor tweaks to the user interface and the exterior HDR2 shell. Those hideous plugs at the front are also 100% Philips (hence the DV plug appearing to be a first for B&O - it isn't B&O).  It appears that B&O did not put alot of effort into this product, and i'm very very disappointed about that.

Are they struggling financially?! Sad

• 08-21-2007 10:20 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

David:

The logos are 100% Philips. The entire unit is Philips apart from some minor tweaks to the user interface and the exterior HDR2 shell. Those hideous plugs at the front are also 100% Philips (hence the DV plug appearing to be a first for B&O - it isn't B&O).  It appears that B&O did not put alot of effort into this product, and i'm very very disappointed about that.

List of "effortless" B&O products : DVD1 (reboxed Philips)/ DVD2 (reboxed Philips)/ Serenata (reboxed Samsung) / Beosound 6 (reboxed Samsung)... And the list grows each month... Where are the magical products B&O used to create?

• 08-21-2007 10:42 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

mbee:
    David:

List of "effortless" B&O products : DVD1 (reboxed Philips)/ DVD2 (reboxed Philips)/ Serenata (reboxed Samsung) / Beosound 6 (reboxed Samsung)... And the list grows each month... Where are the magical products B&O used to create?

I thought I was alone in thinking the above!!

The electronics business is a tough one and the 'new B&O' is all about profit and how to utilise brand image.

They have discovered that it matters little how expensive the products are as poeple will buy them; seemingly oblivious to technical features, and sound and vision quality.( there are  afew exceptions to that statement)

I liked the lab 8000 when they came out 17 years ago!! alu cabinet, little 4in paper drivers and a so so amp to drive it all- but it looked good! so B&O do nothing to develop the product for all these years but manage to INCREASE the price by over £1000 over that time and they still sell!!

Look at it from B&O point of view, if you can make the bv8 all in China for $450  with no included DVB and sell it in uk for £1850  thats got to be good huh??!!!  so why not just rebadge, make more in China; hence more profit.

As a B&O fan for many years, what is appalling to me is that we have no high end sources at all, nothing I can use as a transferable recording medium with a digital tuner and timing! I mean this is what B&O used to be about.

So they come up with the BV7, looks good untill you switch it on. So now the £6000 tv is outperfomed by almost everything out there , although the ppromised upgrade with a bs3 style chassis willno doubt improve what is a bad tv, fact is panel adavnces will allow history to repeat itself once more.

I thought B&O should lower its prices and come up with a better products 2 years ago- but i was wrong!! the presnt strategy of making it more and more expensive- for less!!  works- until the economy changes and there are fewing mad people with more money than sense and then B&O will wish they had taken a different course.

I bought the BL9 ( very nice) and the bs3 but there is NOTHING now that appeals to me from B&O and thats a first in 20 years!!

God help the smaller dealers as they will all be out of business in a very short time as there are fewer customers out of wealthy areas that can aspire to the new pricing and technical ( or rather lack of it) regime that B&O is now pursueing. Lets just all be thankful we dont own a B&O store!

• 08-21-2007 10:53 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oh it is a terrible shame this. Thank god they still create incredible sounding speakers. THANK GOD. Are they not aware of all of us B&O addicts?? What are we addicted to? Brilliance! Brilliance doesn't happen with this expensive new philosophy.

• 08-21-2007 11:06 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

David:
    Oh it is a terrible shame this. Thank god they still create incredible sounding speakers. THANK GOD. Are they not aware of all of us B&O addicts?? What are we addicted to? Brilliance! Brilliance doesn't happen with this expensive new philosophy.

problem is that the audio and video businesses have converged- very difficult to survive doing just good audio products now.

• 08-21-2007 11:28 AM In reply to

It is really a big shame and respectless to all buyers that they just made a box around a Philips DVD/harddisk recorder with just a almost useless analogue tuner and then ask four times the price !!!!

And really, can  't you program it with a timer record? What is the use of the product then?

B&O gets more and more focussing on the people who know nothing about it and just wanne flaunt with their products. 

How low can you fall.......   

Page 1 of 3 (63 items) 1 2 3 Next >