in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-05-2007 3:23 PM by Keith Saunders. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-18-2007 3:48 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

New FAQ's

Hi all

I keep adding the odd FAQ here and there as i get time, hoping to build on the already huge amount of info already on the site - and being at the 'front line' of used B&O i often get asked questions that i think will be relevant to BeoWorlders.

Here's the latest

If anyone else has any they would like to add, or even edit - please, please share your knowledge with the rest of the world!  I don't care if it's just a case of 'hey, when my BV6 kept flicking into standby of it's own accord, it ended up being the plip-schnozzle in the wobbleshaft compartment!"  This i can make into an FAQ for the poor soul that has himself and the dealer flummoxed by his BV6 keeping flicking into standby.  I'm happy to add the rest of the copy plus images.

So - let me have what you know folks - anything is helpful !!!

Lee

Big Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-19-2007 5:37 AM In reply to

Re: New FAQ's

Lee,

I am a great supporter of FAQ's but one of the big issue in producing them is those people with the knowledge to answer all the likely questions most often, do not have the time or willingness to provide a quality FAQ document. For as long as I have worked in the technical world this has been the case. For FAQ's to be of real value, they must answer questions which are asked most often by users and if I look back at the forum, some of the common question areas include:-

• How do I find the software version of x product and what is the latest version available
    • Can X product be upgraded to Mark Y
    • Questions related to Beolink 1000 & Beo4 remotes particularly related to different versions
    • Link issues between old and new products including option numbers, what they are and how to set them
    • Common faults on products such as the DOT button often failing on Mark I Beocom 6000

and so forth, there are many more, but I suggest a small (to start with) list, say 4 topics defined as very useful as FAQ's be agreed and a lead person compiles the proposed questions and answers and allows everyone else to provide updates for a two week period until the list is completed, then you publish it on Beoworld.

On reviewing the product list on Beoworld I have noted that there is two current products where there is no information at all namely DVB-T and RF link amplifier as used since the Beovision 7 was released and I will commit to preparing an FAQ for both in the next two weeks and provide them to the forum for review, comment and feedback prior to you adding the completed documents to the site unless you feel this is not the way forward.

Look forward to your comments on my proposal..

Regards Keith....

• 08-19-2007 6:07 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Keith, that would be fantastic!

I did try to word the original post to give the impression that i'm happy to do the legwork as ever.  It would take about 35 seconds for someone to type "did you know that to option the BeoMaster 7000 (at least with a Beo4) you have to hold down the mute button as you do it in order for it to accept the command?" 

Once i have something like this, i can then create an article and am more than happy to add images and copy as needed. All i am asking for is a little input from members, but as you quite rightly stated there is obviously a willingness element that is misfiring somewhere.. Hmm You can't say time though, as i'm asking for 1 sentence!

I would absolutely love to read some articles written by yourself Keith.  You have what is actually a rare gift of making something complex sound quite straightforward - and this will translate into an FAQ beautifully!

I look forward to reading your writings! Big Smile

Lee 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-19-2007 10:20 AM In reply to

Lee and Fellow Forum Members,

Thank you for your feedback and as it is raining again today I thought I would do a little today and get initial feedback, comments and further suggestions. I suggest that all feedback be on this thread either now or in the future.

You may review progress and download a PDF of the current FAQ for the RF Link Amplifier HERE

Regards Keith....

• 08-19-2007 5:29 PM In reply to

It looks very good, like the way you get around every thing like F-connector and splitter.

input I can think of is: the max output of 100 dB whits means that it will over steerer if input is over 90 dB, and have to use the Attenuator to get noise fee pic

best regards stig

• 08-23-2007 2:51 PM In reply to

So, are there any more comments or feedback before Lee puts the FAQ for the RF link amplifier on-line.

Regards Keith....

• 08-24-2007 2:19 AM In reply to

• BEOfreak
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Odense, Denmark
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

Great job Keith!

Thanks
    Rasmus

Avant CTV 28", V6000, DVD1, BC9000, BS3000, BL4000, MX4200, CX50, BeoCom 2, Beocom 6000, LC1, LC2

• 08-24-2007 4:45 AM In reply to

Really good and usefull Keith! Great work! Thank you.

By the way if you or someone from beoworld team would ever need someone to make translations into german of any texts or articles, then i'am here. Just in case you are planing such things or whatever

• 08-24-2007 6:57 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Superbly done, Keith!
    Your work on here is much appreciated. Yes -  thumbs up

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-05-2007 3:23 PM In reply to

Lee and Fellow Forum Members,

I have completed the first draft of the DVB-T FAQ for review and would ask fellow members to supply any other questions they can think of which need answers.

You may review progress and download a PDF of the FAQ for the RF Link Amplifier and DVB-T Module upgrade at the introduction page, then click  HERE

If you have already seen the introduction and RF Link Amplifier FAQ and just want to review the DVB-T FAQ then you can download it HERE

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)