in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-19-2007 9:57 AM by Dave. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-18-2007 10:11 AM

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

Pictures from my Grandfathers

Ok, so I've chuntered on about the old fellow on here a few times and he was ok with me posting some pictures of what we've done

What you've got on these pics is a Beocord 7000 with a Beosound 3200 on top, then there's a BeoGram 5005 in the top compartment of the unit that you slide out and a VHS player below, there's also a Pioneer Laser Disc player in the bottom compartment but with this being all things B&O I left it out

Then there's the BV7-40 and one of the BL8000's

And finally his Fire place Smile

This is what keeps you happy at 85y/o apparently Smile

I'll post some pics of my bits (oooeer) later on 

• 08-18-2007 1:19 PM In reply to

Re: Pictures from my Grandfathers

Wauw, it seems he is really enjoying music and television. Very nice set-up. Good work!!

Rob

Just because it's mellow it doesn't mean it's less evil....
  • 08-18-2007 1:43 PM In reply to

• joynsyde
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-09-2007
    • Midwest, U.S.A.
    • Posts 130
    • Bronze Member

Impressive. Cute fireplace. Wink Nice to see someone taking such good care of his elders.
    ...my two cents ~AJ
  • 08-18-2007 1:45 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Great pictures. keep em coming.

CraigSmile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-18-2007 2:48 PM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

Craig:

Great pictures. keep em coming.

CraigSmile 

Thanks for the feedback guy's, He loves the set-up especially his Danish Soldiers

Craig, I've posted pics of my set-up as well on another thread, Once I've moved house an Avant RF32 DVD and a set of Penta 2's are on the cards as well as loads of other old school B&O products on my wish list as and when funds allowSmile  

• 08-18-2007 3:14 PM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

wow, you did a beautifull job with the cabinet and the beogram in it (thumbs up)

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 08-18-2007 3:25 PM In reply to

Hope my grand kids (one day!) will think of me like this instead of a raving old fool!!

Excellent though! and just goes to show how diverse the B&O customer can be and that you do not have to be a footballer to own a bit of B&O! 

• 08-18-2007 3:48 PM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

Beobird:
    wow, you did a beautifull job with the cabinet and the beogram in it (thumbs up)

Thanks Smile

It was originally done by Rowney's of Stafford but they did a real bodge job of it, the Beogram didn't slide out quite far enough to open the lid, so their answer to that was to remove the lid from the Beogram Surprise. A few weeks later one of the sliders came loose so I decided to buy some better quality sliders with better reach and fit it as it should have been done. The result isn't bad at all but most importantly keep a 23 year old Beogram in pretty much daily use Smile

• 08-18-2007 4:10 PM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

mobeyone:

Hope my grand kids (one day!) will think of me like this instead of a raving old fool!!

Excellent though! and just goes to show how diverse the B&O customer can be and that you do not have to be a footballer to own a bit of B&O! 

I'm sure the grand kids will look after you mate Wink  My grandad is a good friend, a genuinely funny guy with a thousand stories to tell. he's helped me out in the past and now I'm in a possition where I can return the favours

I visit the guy after work every Friday, pop in to do odd jobs now and then and promised him that whenever I went B&O shopping I would take him with me. It's not much but at 31 with 3 kids my life is quite hectic but he knows I help when I can

As for the diversity of B&O owners, well I'm a sales rep and my Grandad worked as a maintainance engineer for a sewerage plant Big Smile

As for football, I did offer to take him to the Villa Vs Watford game at Villa Park last season but he said he would rather boil his knackers in hot acid Laughing I think it was something to do with him being an Albion supporter but hey, that's the closest we've got to being footballers

• 08-19-2007 12:15 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oh the BeoGram idea is just ACE! I love it, and what a great combination of B&O. 

Can i just ask, what in the world happened to the BL8000? It appears to have turned independent from it's base! Surprise

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-19-2007 4:44 AM In reply to

• CraigB
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2007
    • Cannock, W. Mids
    • Posts 76
    • Bronze Member

David, That's how my grandad wanted them with the bases against the skirting board but the speakers pointing to his chair, he's then got a pair of BL6000's either side of his chair doing the rear channels
  • 08-19-2007 9:57 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Yikes! Fair enough. Unsure

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)