in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-14-2007 4:02 PM by Craig. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2007 11:34 AM

Masterlink Cable - was I overcharged?

I've visited my local B&O store on Broadway yesterday to pick up ML cable and battery cover for Beo4.
    Person with whom I've dealt for number of years did not seem to be there and I did not ask where was he.

To make story short - sales person handed me box with ML cable 0.5 meter length. And Battery cover of Beo4 without box.
    Total charge was $75.62. I promptly paid and left the store. One thing I have noticed that the bag items were put in was not B&O bag but another electronics store called Harvey (I believe Harvey owns this B&O shop) which is not a big deal but change from the past.

Once I got home I looked at receipt and noticed that cable cost is $49.78 and for remote cover - $20.00
    Remote was listed as "INSTALL PARTS" - UNIT Price $1 - TOTAL $20.00
    Remote cover was in extremely used condition, rubber/foam on the inside were lost only partially dried glue left in the placeholders.
    Two first pins were broken! I could not believe my eyes. How could they have sold this to me?!

Now I start doubting that price of ML is correct? 0.5M for $49.78
    But I was very upset with remote cover - my old friend and manager in that store would definitely have given used cover for free.
    I remember getting new set BeoLab 8000 Pins on him.

Will be returning beo4 cover today and most likely ML cable.

Sorry but I had to share this with you, I've felt betrayed - would never expected this B&O Broadway...
    Sad
    David the BeoPerson
  • 08-14-2007 12:19 PM In reply to

• joynsyde
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-09-2007
    • Midwest, U.S.A.
    • Posts 130
    • Bronze Member

Re: Masterlink Cable - was I overcharged?

Wow, that does seem like a rip-off!  It's hard to tell with cables; sometimes they cost a lot more than you'd expect.  (Maybe you can call around to other stores to see what they charge...)  But the battery cover for a Beo4 in such miserable condition...! Good idea to return that. Call me sassy, but I'd return the cable too, and buy it from another dealer, just to spite the Broadway store for treating you like that.
    ...my two cents ~AJ
  • 08-14-2007 12:37 PM In reply to

All new B&O products are always sold in a minimum of brown packaging including cables and spares.

Off the reel (i.e. no plugs on the ends) Masterlink cable is typically about £4 ($8) per metre.

A Masterlink 0.5 metre cable with a plug at each end would be in the range £15 to £20 ($30 to $40)

The remote cover as a spare part would be around £10 ($20) and it would be in a B&O red & clear spares plastic bag

My advice is to return the items and request there replacement or your money refunded.

Regards Keith....

• 08-14-2007 1:33 PM In reply to

Just got back from the store.
    My guy was there I returned cable. (I should have clarified 0.5ML cable with 2 connectors)
    I showed him cover - he apologized and replaced it with brand new. Without plastic bag but I'm perfectly fine with that.

Issue resolved, no hard feelings.
    Smile

David the BeoPerson
  • 08-14-2007 4:02 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Got a 1 Metre long one (with plugs) from my dealer only a few weeks ago. Cost £25.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)