in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-13-2007 3:23 PM by Keith Saunders. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-12-2007 7:56 AM

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

dvb-s kit into bv-5 (8903)

We want to fit the dvb-s kit (1403600) into our BV5. The instruction is very clear until it gets to naming the wires that actually come FROM the kit and need to be placed onto the boards.

Especially the very last drawing in the instruction does not make sense at all. Anybody out there who could tell us how to identify the wires coming from the module?

Thanks in advance

marc

• 08-12-2007 9:31 AM In reply to

Re: dvb-s kit into bv-5 (8903)

Marc,

I guess that you are in the UK because you have a Beovision 5 type 8903 which is a first generation PAL I version.

This kit and its instructions are only clear if you have been down this road before and you know that the kit covers more than one type of Beovision. Also, the instructions do state it in very small print that your software of the Beovision 5 must be at least at version 10.2 before even considering installing the module upgrade the software and test it. The latest version of software is in fact 10.4.

On page 4 in the top right hand drawing which came with the kit it should be noted that the very small pcb with plug/socket on it are not used in all versions. Also the short cable marked at one end 03P456 and 14P006 are not used in all versions. With the latter cable it becomes very apparent if you need this cable or not and I believe in your version you will need it.

Whilst you did not state it I think the cable you are going to have most problems with will be the one marked 02P33

Please state exactly which cables you do not understand ?

Regards Keith....

• 08-12-2007 3:28 PM In reply to

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

Hello Keith,

yes, the BV5 is from the UK - but I am living in Germany now. You were right - the most problems I have is which plug to place onto the 02P33. We have placed the new software into the BV5 - and the software is now 10.2 ... so that's no problem at all!

What I cannot exactely tell from the instruction is

a) is it correct to plug the longest cable coming from the module onto the small pcb and then the one new one (coming from the back) onto  that pcb as well?

b) can it be that the "extra" cable (red 8 pin plug on both sides) can be redundent in my set-up?

any help greatly appreciated :-)) 

• 08-12-2007 3:53 PM In reply to

I am assuming you are talking about the following components

Cables

Please confirm?

Regards Keith....

• 08-13-2007 11:19 AM In reply to

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

they have a slightly different look but they're infact the same things, yes .-)
  • 08-13-2007 3:23 PM In reply to

Marc,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you today, I have been quite busy trying to get a job completed.

I will take your easy questions first

You said "Can it be that the "extra" cable (Red 8 pin plug on both sides) can be redundant in my setup?"

Well, the short answer is yes. The long answer is, this was almost certainly one of the cables already connected to the DVB-T module when you unpacked it. You will almost certainly have had to remove it and use the cable marked 03P456 at one end and 14P006 at the other (Wide plug)

You said "Is it correct to plug the longest coming from the module onto the small pcb thne the one new one (Coming from the back) onto that pcb as well"

The short answer is yes. The drawing in the instructions is very poor, but this is what they are trying to show in the very last diagram on the right hand side of the last page.

If you have further problems I suggest you provide a photo of any further areas where you are unsure. Anyway, see how you get on and let me know of your progress

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)