in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-02-2007 4:45 AM by hampeman. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-12-2007 6:47 AM

BeoLink PC2

Just bought myself one of these!

So in need of some help as the unit does not come with the software cd.. can I use the current version of BeoPort to drive this?

Also, as I plan on using this via my 9000, I take it I do not need to have the IR? and can run simply of a ML junction box?

ta!

• 08-12-2007 8:40 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: BeoLink PC2

Mobe not too sure about the software. but yes you can just Masterlink it to your 9000. This is how I have mine connected to my BS3000. Had mine for just over a week and think it is a great bit of kit. Just checking out all the radio stations I can listen to.

CraigSmile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-12-2007 8:59 AM In reply to

mobe, of course your 9000 has to be a MK3 or a upgraded to a MK3 software. But you knew that already didn't you Wink

If you are planning to use it together with a mac and control front row you will need an extra IR-eye.

/Ola
  • 08-12-2007 9:35 AM In reply to

You can just plug the Masterlink into your Beoport/PC2 box and download the Beoport software from the B&O web site

Regards Keith....

• 08-12-2007 10:13 AM In reply to

B&Ola:
    mobe, of course your 9000 has to be a MK3 or a upgraded to a MK3 software. But you knew that already didn't you Wink

If you are planning to use it together with a mac and control front row you will need an extra IR-eye.

/Ola

Of course I did Ola..Whistle (runs and checks quickly before making a fool of himself!!!) I actually have the second gen BS9 but came with the Nmusic upgrade!!!!

Keith Saunders:
    You can just plug the Masterlink into your Beoport/PC2 box and download the Beoport software from the B&O web site

So it makes no different that the PC2 is not a Beoport and will drive the PC2
    ? according to B&Os website the 'port version also has additonal modules which are not in the PC2?

Craig:

Mobe not too sure about the software. but yes you can just Masterlink it to your 9000. This is how I have mine connected to my BS3000. Had mine for just over a week and think it is a great bit of kit. Just checking out all the radio stations I can listen to.

Craig[:)

I know Craig! cannot wait to get it plugged and ready to go! 

• 08-12-2007 10:26 AM In reply to

From a hardware viewpoint Beoport and PC2 are the same. The only issue is if you were unlucky enough to have a very early hardware version of the PC2 there was an issue in updating the firmware, however at that time B&O replaced such faulty units.

Fundimentally the introduction of Beoport was marketing exercise to bring it in line with other BEO products.

Regards Keith....

• 08-12-2007 10:28 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

From a hardware viewpoint Beoport and PC2 are the same. The only issue is if you were unlucky enough to have a very early hardware version of the PC2 there was an issue in updating the firmware, however at that time B&O replaced such faulty units.

Fundimentally the introduction of Beoport was marketing exercise to bring it in line with other BEO products.

Hmm - seller has indicated that he went from pc to mac using the latest SW and had no probs... so fingers crossed I should be ok, thank you Keith and to all!

• 08-12-2007 10:57 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Nice one Mobe.
    When you get it going, you'll get a shock at how many Nradio stations there are!
    You're going to love NRADIO
    If you struggle getting the SW, I have the disc you can borrow.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-12-2007 11:12 AM In reply to

You can download the Beoport/PC2 software HERE

The file is normally called Beoport.exe but because the forum blocks all files which have a .EXE extension I have renamed the file with a .xxx extension.

So when you click the link and it asks if you wish to RUN or SAVE, press SAVE. After it has been saved to anywhere on your local hard drive rename it to beoport.exe. After renmaing the file, just double click on it to start the install

Regards Keith....

• 08-12-2007 11:34 AM In reply to

Hello Ola,

Do You have some instructions for use BeoPort and Mac? It is only possible to drive it together with ITunes and exist not Beoplayer for Mac?

:) Edde 
  • 08-12-2007 11:34 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Keith, your link isn't highlighted

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-12-2007 11:41 AM In reply to

It is now Andy, the forum does not like you to have an .EXE extension

Regards Keith....

• 08-12-2007 1:17 PM In reply to

Hi, What does this PC2 link do????  how does this work??
  • 08-12-2007 1:33 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Frank Rizzo:
    Hi, What does this PC2 link do????  how does this work??

Take a look at this link.

BeoLink PC2

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-12-2007 1:35 PM In reply to

It lets you control your computer from your B&O system. With a PC, it uses the Beoplayer software. With a Mac, it uses iTunes.  Very good value and does essentially what the BS3200 does but a million times better and you don't have to manually name the tracks.
  • 08-12-2007 4:19 PM In reply to

hampeman:
    Hello Ola,

Do You have some instructions for use BeoPort and Mac? It is only possible to drive it together with ITunes and exist not Beoplayer for Mac?

:) Edde 

Hi Edde!

If you use mac there is only iTunes (and I can't find any reason to use anything else) Of course you can use Front Row. There are no Beoplayer for mac so you have to get a software called BM-link. (http://www.odlund.se/bmlink/).
    Be sure to follow the instructions and don't forget to update the firmware on the beoport/PC2.

Good luck.

/Ola
  • 08-12-2007 4:23 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Have to admit the User Manual that comes with BeoPort is rubbish. Yes there is a built in one once you get the Software loaded, but don't think much of that either. Not IMO up to the usual standards of B&O manuals.

CraigSmile

• 11-02-2007 4:45 AM In reply to

Hello Ola,

I folllow Your example, thank You, and i love my Mac and now even my Itune too. But I still beleive BeoPlayer is much more beutiful on  PC-screen and in the future even Mac?

Edde 

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)