in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-14-2007 4:41 AM by Munin. 24 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (25 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-12-2007 1:22 AM

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

I ordered the new BV 7-40 Mk III BS3 today!

I'm glad that I'm going to be one of the first to have the new BV 7-40 Mk III in Sweden/Stockholm :)

I have the BV 7-40 Mk II today but i am not so happy with it sadly.. So i ordered the new one today that means I'm going to have two BV 7-40 for a wile..=)

Now to my question: which color should i go for?

Dark Grey (Titan finish) Black or plain aluminum (silver)??

I have ordered Dark Grey but i can change my mind if i wont.

Best Regards Fredrik L

BL8000 MkII Black

• 08-12-2007 2:14 AM In reply to

Re: I ordered the new BV 7-40 Mk III Full HD today!!

Ohh very Nice..Smile

But is it with "BS3" connection include?

Hmm color, that is hard sometimes

Dark grey is SUPERNICE but wich speaker do you have as front?

When I order my BV9 I took Silver and Black. But it´s easy to change the frame for me

if I want. Little bit harder with BV7 

• 08-12-2007 2:40 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

....mr anders(son):

Ohh very Nice..Smile

But is it with "BS3" connection include?

Hmm color, that is hard sometimes

Dark grey is SUPERNICE but wich speaker do you have as front?

When I order my BV9 I took Silver and Black. But it´s easy to change the frame for me

if I want. Little bit harder with BV7 

Yes it is a little bit harder to change the frame on BV 7 =)  I just have Lab 8000:s as front speakers..

And yes it has the BS3 inside... One of the best features is the upscaling-feature with DVD:s to 1080p =)

BL8000 MkII Black

• 08-12-2007 2:51 AM In reply to

If you want to match your BL 8000 go for silver, BUT Dark grey is so nice. Only you can decide...

So I have to be lucky that I swap my BV7-40 MKII to BV9 before this came out

When will it arrive? 

• 08-12-2007 3:59 AM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

Re: I ordered the new BV 7-40 Mk III BS3 and Full HD today!!

Congrats, 

I think you did the right choise. The dark grey is stunning and it goes well with the standar alu too.

What was it you didn´t like with your Mk II.

BV10

• 08-12-2007 6:13 AM In reply to

May I ask you why you were not happy with the Beovision 7 MKII?

I always interested in others opinions.

• 08-12-2007 8:03 AM In reply to

Sorry about this question but I´m interested too to buy the new Beovison 7 MK III!

How much does it cost!?

Thank you for answer! 

• 08-12-2007 11:49 AM In reply to

Is this the coming 46" panel used in BV7-46?

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le40n86bdxxec.asp 

• 08-12-2007 12:23 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:

I have the BV 7-40 Mk II today but i am not so happy with it sadly..

Make your mind up. Only a few weeks ago, in the 'My BV7-40 is too dark' discussion, you sent a few heated remarks in favour of your BV7-40 MKII, and I quote:

" I'm just little tired of hearing that the old BV 7-40 MKII are rubbish, and the new one MKIII is the best and more and more."

Changed your mind?

• 08-12-2007 12:29 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

The BV7 MK II suffers from digital artefact's and i think it its a little bit too dark in the picture.

Beside does two artefact's i mentioned i think the BV 7 MK II are one of the best High-End TV:s ever made!

I have ordered the BV 7-40 MKIII but i haven't payed jet because the haven't got any price lists from Denmark jet..

OFF TOPIC Mooxey...

Moxxey: I was just a little bit angry because not a single person in here have congratulated me for my purshase...(MK II)  I just felt that everyone  just came up with bad things about the  BV 7-40 MK II instead.. I mean if you want to say negative things you can put it in a nicer tone..

And now when i have ordered the new Mk III version everyone congrats me.. (and thats the way it should be normally) .. Do you understand me? (Double moral  i think)

And no i haven´t Changed my mind... I needed one more TV so thats wuy... It would be foolish to order one more MK II don't you think?

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 08-12-2007 2:10 PM In reply to

Beolab:

Moxxey: I was just a little bit angry because not a single person in here have congratulated me for my purshase...(MK II)  I just felt that everyone  just came up with bad things about the  BV 7-40 MK II instead.. I mean if you want to say negative things you can put it in a nicer tone..

I seem to remember that thread. I got the feeling that people were simply warning you that a new generation of BV7 was coming along -- as you were buying a MKII so close to the date when the change was due. ... don't think people were looking for bad things to say.

• 08-12-2007 3:49 PM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Hej Fredrik

I'm also going to replace my BV740Mk2 - it has been fantastic but there are some annoying things. The lack of HDMI-input have caused some serious cable clutter. When will you get yours - strangely enough my B&O store hasn't even heard of it yet :-( Sounds like things are better in Stockholm. What's the price?

/Munin 

• 08-12-2007 9:18 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

soundproof:
    Beolab:

I seem to remember that thread. I got the feeling that people were simply warning you that a new generation of BV7 was coming along -- as you were buying a MKII so close to the date when the change was due. ... don't think people were looking for bad things to say.

Back to topic friends!

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 08-12-2007 9:25 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Munin:

Hej Fredrik

I'm also going to replace my BV740Mk2 - it has been fantastic but there are some annoying things. The lack of HDMI-input have caused some serious cable clutter. When will you get yours - strangely enough my B&O store hasn't even heard of it yet :-( Sounds like things are better in Stockholm. What's the price?

/Munin

They dint no the price jet, you can only order it. But they think about 5000:- Swedish Crowns more. So with stand and Beolab 7-2 or 7-4 the price will land on about 115.000:- Swedish Kr.

Best regards Fredrik L. 

BL8000 MkII Black

• 08-13-2007 5:38 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:
    Beside does two artefact's i mentioned i think the BV 7 MK II are one of the best High-End TV:s ever made!

I agree and agreed in the original discussion. If I watch a HD movie through BBC HD or Sky HD, I often think 'surely the quality can't get better than this?', and yet this is through my old MK1 BV7-32.

However, this doesn't meant that I'm completely satisfied. DVDs are too dark and I want HDMI sockets. So, for these and other reasons, I'll also upgrade my old BV7-32, too.

• 08-13-2007 8:54 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Re: I ordered the new BV 7-40 Mk III BS3 today!

This is my opinion:

The black 7-40 is very nice, but it must be placed where it will be hit by natural light - this will make the black alu stand out from the plastic and glass. Place it somewhere dark and the alu parts will look like they are made out of plastic.

The dark grey is eye catching, but perhaps mainly because it is "different" - at least to BeoWorld'ers that have seen one to many silver BV7 already.

The blue one isn't bad, but the red one is a hate/love color IMHO.

The natural alu edition is perhaps too common, but it will match any cabinet, speakers, stereosystem... and integration is the key here, even when it comes to colors.

Will it be shipped in September?

Roger 

• 08-13-2007 12:03 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Roger:

This is my opinion:

The black 7-40 is very nice, but it must be placed where it will be hit by natural light - this will make the black alu stand out from the plastic and glass. Place it somewhere dark and the alu parts will look like they are made out of plastic.

The dark grey is eye catching, but perhaps mainly because it is "different" - at least to BeoWorld'ers that have seen one to many silver BV7 already.

The blue one isn't bad, but the red one is a hate/love color IMHO.

The natural alu edition is perhaps too common, but it will match any cabinet, speakers, stereosystem... and integration is the key here, even when it comes to colors.

Will it be shipped in September?

Roger 

Hm you have a point there! I like the dark grey stand alone, but i wouldn't buy dark gray BL8000:s.

I'm a Little tierd of the silver color so i think I'm going for Dark gray after all..=) I think the dark gray looks more modern. Its looks more full HD high tech than the silver/alu..

Yes the shipping date is set to moddle/late september..

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 08-13-2007 12:12 PM In reply to

Congrats to your new BV7-40 MKIII in dark grey it´s looks amazing

Hmmm maybe I shall change my BV9 silver to dark grey!!!? Hmm

• 08-13-2007 12:32 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Go for the dark grey! It's really beautiful and stand out of the crowad os black+alu plastic TV's you see everywhere. And the best is that it will be the perfect match for your furniture!
  • 08-13-2007 2:35 PM In reply to

I was the first ever on this forum who was very worried about the lack of HDMI by B&O. People made fun out of me in the past when I mentioned the case.

Pity for the current owners to see how right I was.

• 08-13-2007 4:07 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Back when you originally stated the lack of HDMI was an issue, it was not. However, it has been an issue since companies have started taking up the new standard much more quickly than B&O could react without doing things properly.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-14-2007 2:07 AM In reply to

That B&O did not include it in the first Beovision 7 was their own stupid dissicion. HDMI was already there! Now a lot of customers are stuck with the connection trouble! You may expect much more from a premium brand for a premium price.
  • 08-14-2007 2:20 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:

I'm glad that I'm going to be one of the first to have the new BV 7-40 Mk III in Sweden/Stockholm :)

I have the BV 7-40 Mk II today but i am not so happy with it sadly.. So i ordered the new one today that means I'm going to have two BV 7-40 for a wile..=)

Best Regards Fredrik L

I'd go for BLACK! Match the Black beolabs Big Smile 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-14-2007 2:28 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

David:
    Beolab:

Best Regards Fredrik L

I'd go for BLACK! Match the Black beolabs Big Smile 

You mean the Stealth look=) I now the Black BV 7 looks like an evil robot or someting, but i havent decided yet...

BL8000 MkII Black

• 08-14-2007 4:41 AM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Hm, also have a pair of black BL5:s ...

Don't know if a dark gray BV7 will match those 

Opinions please!

/M 

Page 1 of 1 (25 items)