in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-11-2007 2:43 AM by Dillen. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2007 6:32 PM

SPEAKER PLUGS ????

Hi Guys...

I found these plugs on Ebay...    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250152409870&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

Question is.... will these work for everything...1) back of my CX100's, back of my Beocenter 9500 speaker 1's, Speaker outs of a Passive AMP???

THanks,

• 08-10-2007 6:38 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: SPEAKER PLUGS ????

No - they will not fit the rear of your CX100's as these are 'male' (ie protruding pins)

For the back of a CX100 or CX50 you need the female ends, as when you look inside the rear aperture you will see these pins staring at you.

For the back of the B&O amps though, these will be fine.

Lee 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-10-2007 7:53 PM In reply to

Hello I found on sale in a local store the couple, male and female dot-line connector, if you need let me know, if I remember right they cost 1,50 euros a couple ( a packet). If you need let me know

ciao ciao 

Eugenio Colazzo

• 08-11-2007 2:43 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

The type of DIN speaker plug pictured in the Ebay listing is an inferior type.
    It's practically impossible to lock the wires beneath the screws slightly conical heads, they squeeze the strands away
    and isolation between the wires and any stray strands is almost
    non-existent.
    It doesn't take much twisting of the wires/cable to losen and/or short the plug/speaker/amplifier with a potential expensive repair as a result.
    Sorry, but in my opinion this type is a no-go for our B&O.

I use a different kind, usually grey, where the strands goes
    into a barrel-type screw-mount and the screw goes into the barrel from the side.
    This type comes in both male and female and
    bought in bulk the price is apprx 2 euros each if I remember correctly.
    This slightly higher cost is money well spent and shouldn't knock over any B&O owner.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)