in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-19-2007 8:04 AM by Dillen. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2007 8:48 AM

• beosam
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-30-2007
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Beocord 2000 still not working help needed.

Hi Thanks for the reply to my post about the AM aerial. Beoworld forum has been a great help.

Now I have a further problem with my Beocord 2000 the 1980s one.  It was in storage for many years so all the mechanical parts might have seized up.  I got some new belts from Dillen and fitted them but the beocord is still not working.  When play is pressed the solenoids activate but the cassette mechanism doesn't engage.  Similar with ff and rr.  The lights all work.  The motor doesn't turn with play pressed.  I assume this means that the motor has seized as it is stiff to turn with the belts off  Does this mean that I will need to get a new motor or is this getting too complicated and should I just get someone to fix it instead.  It would be great get my whole Beosystem 2000 operational.

Any help on this matter appreciated.

Sam

beocenter 2200 beosystem 2000 beovox x35
  • 08-10-2007 12:12 PM In reply to

Re: Beocord 2000 still not working help needed.

Hello Sam

When you set the play command motor start and the system wait for the "running" feedback, try to remove the belt and check if the motor start before the solenoid are DEACTIVATED (powered off).

If the motor doesn't start there could be a problem inside it or on the Tape deck PCB, let us know

ciao ciao

Eugenio Colazzo

• 08-11-2007 3:10 AM In reply to

• beosam
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-30-2007
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Hi NoBit

I have taken the tape belts off and pressed play ff rr etc.  The solenoids move but there is definitely no movement of the motor.  Thanks for your advice about this.  Where to next?

Sam

• 08-11-2007 7:20 AM In reply to

Next is to check if tension is present on the motor, if you have a tester you can check this after this check we can understand the problem origin. I think Martin can have the motor as spare.

I'll be offline from today to the 25 of this month so if I don't reply don't worry ok?

ciao ciao and best August 15

Eugenio Colazzo

• 08-12-2007 2:23 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

In some cases the motor shaft can bind, pull and push gently axially (up/down if normally mounted) and see if it losens up.

Normally the motor should turn fairly easily if rotated by the pulley by hand but put a voltmeter to the motor leads with the Beocord in play mode. Should read something like 12-14 Volts (DC).

No voltage (or very low) = fault in the power supply. If the old belts were a complete mess, they may have blocked the motor. There's a resistor in the power supply...

Voltage OK but motor doesn't rotate = replace motor (new ones in stock here).

Martin

• 08-19-2007 2:15 AM In reply to

• beosam
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-30-2007
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Hi, I have rotated the motor with a string to try and loosen it and it now rotates smoothly.  With the power on and the control in play, stop, ff and rr the volatage to the motor reads 14.8 V on the multimeter,  When then machine goes on standby mode this returns to almost zero.  I dont have a power supply to test the motor itself but it doesn't rotate with a 9V battery as power.  I assume that this means the motor needs replacement??

Thanks again for your help 
    Sam

• 08-19-2007 8:04 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Yes, it sounds like that.

You have an email !

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)