in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-15-2007 6:31 AM by Bulgarien. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-08-2007 4:02 PM

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

NEW! 8 pin powerlink Y adapter in gold!

Need a  ekstra PowerLink out
    BOSSCOM have produced this new Powerlink Y cable splitter . You can get it in white or black. Ask for the gold version
    Who sell  8 pin DIN plug in gold?

• 08-08-2007 4:41 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: NEW! 8 pin powerlink Y adapter in gold!

Very nice Bulgarien but
    just how much of an improvement do you think the gold makes?
    Yes, I'm sure gold is a better conductor but surely, if it was so much better, B&O would have adopted gold for all their cables.
    Just my opinion, mind.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-08-2007 5:15 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Try to ask real hi-fi freaks Big Smile There is no doubt that gold connektions makes a differense.

Today I use 5 pin DIN gold  plug (and then make it to a 8 pin for the signal display (a litle difficult) together with a  SUPRA dual signal cable that are connekted to my ICE power 1000ASP amplifiere with RCA plugs that drive my Penta´s.

I think there are a difference( Yes,-proberly only in my headWink

I want the best and the fact is, that the only way  is  to make the connektions and sound improvement  better  on the easy way is with DIN plug in gold,

My next projekt are therefore to change the (retro) DIN plugs to (proff) XLR plugs, (only the signal) - thats is the ultimative solution in signal plugs.

And yes ,- I think B&O are wrong with many things , DIN plugs are one of them

Find some  inspiration in this gigant  gigant HiFI shop here . Start to  change the powerplug to SCHUCO an power cord to shieldes types (as I have done , that was a good investment!) then the signal plug and signal cable and so on

http://www.dienadel.de/lshop,showrub,4084,d,1186608036-4084,1061913714,,,,0.htm

• 08-08-2007 5:34 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hmmm.
    In the pursuit of perfection eh?
    Thing is, and I might be wrong but
    Why have a couple of milimeters of gold then three meters of copper?

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-08-2007 5:38 PM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Simpel; better connektionsLightning
  • 08-08-2007 5:41 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I'd more rather spend the money on CDs or Vinyl to be honest! I've had enough with buying cable upgrades. Definitely a difference in a few situations, but not worth the hassle/money IMO!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-09-2007 2:53 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Bulgarien:

Try to ask real hi-fi freaks Big Smile There is no doubt that gold connektions makes a differense.

Today I use 5 pin DIN gold  plug (and then make it to a 8 pin for the signal display (a litle difficult) together with a  SUPRA dual signal cable that are connekted to my ICE power 1000ASP amplifiere with RCA plugs that drive my Penta´s.

I want the best and the fact is, that the only way  is  to make the connektions and sound improvement  better  on the easy way is with DIN plug in gold,

My next projekt are therefore to change the (retro) DIN plugs to (proff) XLR plugs, (only the signal) - thats is the ultimative solution in signal plugs.

Find some  inspiration in this gigant  gigant HiFI shop here . Start to  change the powerplug to SCHUCO an power cord to shieldes types (as I have done , that was a good investment!) then the signal plug and signal cable and so on

When i spoke to the designer of VAF loudspeakers he shared an interesting point, "just because some cables and connectors sound different, does not mean it sounds BETTER". Argh the topic gets me worked up so i'll leave it at that. Whistle 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-09-2007 6:11 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

David:
    Bulgarien:

When i spoke to the designer of VAF loudspeakers he shared an interesting point, "just because some cables and connectors sound different, does not mean it sounds BETTER". Argh the topic gets me worked up so i'll leave it at that. Whistle 

I notice me, that you olso can hear the difference. I have always said that there is lot of woodo Devil in cables and plugs etc (and there is , but after I have got my Icepower amplifier I can hear the difference,, when change powerplugs, cables etc. to a better quality then B&O support

For mee have the sound difference goon to the better, but David is right , sometimetimes the sound getting worse, but when talking   B&O, I think that the sound always can be betterWink not worse...

• 08-09-2007 7:49 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

jandyt:

Very nice Bulgarien but
    just how much of an improvement do you think the gold makes?
    Yes, I'm sure gold is a better conductor but surely, if it was so much better, B&O would have adopted gold for all their cables.
    Just my opinion, mind.

Andy T.

Copper is a better conductor than Gold (Silver is best). The only reason to flash connectors with a Gold plating is its resistance to tarnishing to prevent poor contact. Both Copper and Silver oxidise in air although firm contact pressure should prevent high joint resistances from occuring in either.

Is there an audible advantage to gold plated connectors over well designed, solid "conventional" plugs and sockets - I think highly unlikey but, as always, there will be hundreds to argue the opposite (and many hundreds of suppliers willing to charge you extra for them)! 

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 08-15-2007 6:31 AM In reply to

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Bang and olufsen have (at last)  found that gold make a perfekt contact. Therefore they use goldcontact  in the battery box in all NEW beo4 remotes .  Look for you self...

But why not others places?

Specialy the contact and plugs used to the fine and weak output signal thats only delevery a few  millivolt need gold for prevent poor contact,( and therefore better sound) but you can only find gold for use with  3  X 1,5 volt strong battery i the Beo4? 

Where is the logic?

Alle serius audioproducct are using goldplugs and contacts becouse there are a difference, but not the worlds most expensive brand B&O!

That is not serius specialy not for the price..

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)