in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-24-2008 12:08 PM by beoperson. 33 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2007 1:15 AM In reply to

Re: New addition to B&O product line. BeoSystem 1 - questions and concerns

Its funny you are having this problem...I had BO comeout with 3 different Beosystem 1 boxes and it still did not get fixed. The guy kind of gave up. Its during the dark scenes there is a shadowing and banding. I recently upgraded to the HR20 from DTV and it seems to have helped, but sometimes I still see it. I have the newest firmware and all the mods that were available and still have this problem. I even got a power conditioner to rule out bad AC power and that did not help much. I have gotten used to it, I don't have the 7K for a beosystem 3. If you figure anything else out let me know please. I would love to finally put this problem to rest. I have a panny plasma.

Regards

Eric

• 09-18-2007 4:24 PM In reply to

Hi Eric!

Thanks for posting your reply. There are few others who are struggling with same issue on BeoSystem 1.
    So far I'm stuck. And I'm not ready to upgrade to BeoSystem 7.

I will definitely post the progress.

David

David the BeoPerson
  • 09-18-2007 5:59 PM In reply to

• Beophile
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 42
    • Bronze Member

Hi there....I'm still here and I'm still having a problem......this BeoSystem 1 issue is getting out of hand.....there are now at least 4 of us that have the same problem...I wonder how many people are having this problem that we don't know about.  I think I'll call B&O this week and let them know what is going on.  Maybe there is some part within the BeoSystem 1 that doesn't age well and they can let us or a repair shop know what the part is. 

However, I believe that B&O is no longer supporting the BeoSystem 1 which is totally ridiculous if you ask me.  My friend paid $5k in 2006 for one only to know find out that the product will not even be supported during his warranty period which ends in 2009.  Shame on you B&O.

Filed under:
  • 09-19-2007 1:43 PM In reply to

I am trying one other trick...I was reading around some other av fourms and they suggested that sometimes there can be interference into the VGA cable, so I broke down and bought what was called a silver serpent 10ft VGA cable, its supposed to be the best out there. It was $120, and there is a 30 days for your money back. I will try this and see if this helps. One guy was saying that it really helped with a herring bone problem on his system (not BO) So I figured it might help...

I will give it a try and let you know, should be getting it early next week...

Regards

Eric

• 09-26-2007 11:11 AM In reply to

So I added this new VGA cable and did see an improvment, but its still not perfect. One other thing is that I turned the brightness way down on the plasma and turned it up service menu for the Beosystem and it also helped a little bit. Anyone know what the ideal settings are for contrast, brightness on the beosystem, and what to set you plasma at?
  • 09-26-2007 11:26 AM In reply to

ejensen1,
    How far is it from perfect - is it bearable? My picture is completely unacceptable.

These are default settings in BeoSystem 1 (from service manual)

WP-R                         32
    WP-G                         32
    WP-B                         44
    BL-R                           8
    BL-G                           8
    HT BL-R                      2
    HT BL-G                      2
    HT BL-B                      2
    FILM MODE                OFF
    BLUE STR                  OFF
    BRIGHTNESS             32
    CONTRAST                 23
    PANORAMA               ON

David the BeoPerson
  • 09-26-2007 9:08 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Geez, I am concerned at the frequency of these problems with BS1 owners. My friend (beojeff) on these forums had his share of woes with his BS1 as well, but I can't recall him stating it was specifically picture issues. 

When I was contemplating purchase of a BS1 he advised me that it was indeed a quirky bit. 

Well, I had an Avant, which was esentially An BS1, but he owns that now :-)

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread to see what transpires. I hope it wasn't as simple as using different cables.

(FYI I have convinced my wife that a BS3 is in our future for next year)... The wife acceptance factor for a BS3 is a lot lower than for a BV7-40 or 32.

Good luck guys!

-Sal
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 10-09-2007 1:16 PM In reply to

I wonder if there is a beoworlder in NYC area who could trade BS1 for few days?
    Perhaps I could narrow down this issue to specific year/model/age.

David the BeoPerson
  • 01-24-2008 12:08 PM In reply to

Update on the problem:

Recently bought another BeoSystem 1.
    Connected to same TV using RGB to Component convertor and having same Dark Banding problems only @1080i

Shows perfect 1080i image until the moment curtain opens up completely. Once it opens completely image is beng distorted with horizontal blueish lines.

It makes me wonder - is it a BS1 problem or something else?!

David the BeoPerson
Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2