in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-02-2007 6:41 AM by PhilLondon. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2007 6:43 PM

Revised BeoVision 7 Model(s)

I just wondered how many people using this forum are waiting to purchase the new BeoVision 7? I have one on order (with a Beo 5 remote) and I know a couple of other people that do too. How about others? It does seem that it will be quite a step forward from the previous models, at least for the 7-40. We don't seem to have too much information about the 7-32 although my gut feeling is that it must surely come with a revision too; at the very least, an up to date panel if not with the BeoSystem 3 architecture that we now know the 7-40 will have. If it wasn't for this revised model I would surely have bought a BeoVision 5, probably the HD version. I love the styling of the BeoVision 5 so much. The new BeoVision 7-40 seems much more future proof though, which was a major factor I had to consider so I feel sure I have made the right decision on that basis alone.

Regards, Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 08-01-2007 8:57 PM In reply to

Re: Revised BeoVision 7 Model(s)

Dear All:

Perhaps, by the next month I will order the BV-7 and the new reomote.  Now, when will I see it?  Who knows!  

Dario
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 08-01-2007 11:49 PM In reply to

The Beonic Man:

I just wondered how many people using this forum are waiting to purchase the new BeoVision 7? I have one on order (with a Beo 5 remote) and I know a couple of other people that do too. How about others? It does seem that it will be quite a step forward from the previous models, at least for the 7-40. We don't seem to have too much information about the 7-32 although my gut feeling is that it must surely come with a revision too; at the very least, an up to date panel if not with the BeoSystem 3 architecture that we now know the 7-40 will have. If it wasn't for this revised model I would surely have bought a BeoVision 5, probably the HD version. I love the styling of the BeoVision 5 so much. The new BeoVision 7-40 seems much more future proof though, which was a major factor I had to consider so I feel sure I have made the right decision on that basis alone.

Regards, Simon.

I have already ordered mine (North American version). My MX-5000 will go to a bedroom. The Beo 4 remote will be enough for my purposes. I should receive it by end of August or beginning of September. I made tests with the demo unit at the store and everything was up to my expectations for my own particular needs. The picture quality is truly outstanding.

Regards, Jean

• 08-02-2007 2:21 AM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

I am also considering a purchase of the BV-7.

I currently use an 8 year old avant which I have 'repaired' myself recently; but my dealer expects this to be temporary (let's hope temporary is >> 1year).

But if the updated panels really impress me, then I am also in the buying league; but my preference would be the 32 inch because I use a beamer for movies and therefore think I do not need a 40 inch tv. But as said before: The new models (please give the 32 inch also a proper update) must make a big step forward.

My alternative would be a beosystem 3 with a non B&O panel.

Bieele 

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 08-02-2007 3:42 AM In reply to

The BV7-32 will come in a revised version around the same time as the BV7-40.

It will be based off the BeoSystem3, just like the BV7-40.

It will "only" be a 720p panel and not a 1080p one. Dont expect the 32" to ever be "Full HD".

....who needs that anyway?

As for people waiting for new generation panels - I do think panels make a difference. But the largest difference by far from this update, will definitely be the BS3 engine, as the imageprocessing in that one when it comes to bad signals is really impressive.

• 08-02-2007 4:22 AM In reply to

I own a Beovision7-32 latest model that I bought with a good discount (ex-display) in January. I am very happy with it, it looks beautiful and the picture is great.

The 7-40 looked too big in the store, but when I received my 7-32 at home, it looked a bit too small. I do not need more than 1 DVI port now, but I think the need will come soon.

So I am planning to get a BV7-40 when it is released as I think it is very future proof.

What I do not know is wether the new BV7-40 will be full HD?

A picture of all the possible connections was leaked on this forum and I think this TV is gonna rock.

A friend of mine is possibly interested to buy my "old" bv7... so we will see.

I have owned a MX7000 and a BS2500 for years and have not been tempted to buy new products until this summer. DVD2, Beo5... are all very tempting.

p.

• 08-02-2007 4:47 AM In reply to

The new BV7-40 will be "Full HD" - meaning 1080p - yes !

• 08-02-2007 5:48 AM In reply to

macsat:

The new BV7-40 will be "Full HD" - meaning 1080p - yes !

Yeah!

• 08-02-2007 6:16 AM In reply to

Just one question, when can we expect the new models in b&o dealers ?

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 08-02-2007 6:34 AM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Two questions regarding the connections:

Will the new BV7 allow a digital audio signal to be sent to BL5:s? I guess all digital connections are for input - or did I miss something?

What could be the reason for having DVI and not HDMI to the projector? 

/M 

• 08-02-2007 6:41 AM In reply to

The connection to the projector is DVI or VGA...
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)