in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-03-2007 6:18 AM by kallasr. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2007 3:34 PM

Beovision 1 owners..

Are they any good? any faults or problems etc?

TIA

• 08-01-2007 3:43 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 1 owners..

• 08-02-2007 4:56 AM In reply to

I'm very happy with mine. It is a BV1L, so I have full access to the rest of the system :)

The sound is really amazing, picture is good, but only 50Hz. I think for a link room TV you can live with this small drawback.

I saw on ebay that even BC1 are getting cheaper now, so maybe this could also be an option?!? The most benefits are anti reflex glas and the DVD player, besides the motor stand and the radio.

Marcus 

• 08-02-2007 6:07 AM In reply to

Definitely go for a BV1L model as it has a masterlink socket and powerlink sockets for external speakers.

It is very good for a link room if you own a system already, or it is a very good product to discover B&O.

You just buy a BV1 for a start and it does everything... TV, DVD, Radio, CD, then you can expand... external speakers... a separate HIFI... and when you buy a new TV, you move the BC1 in the bedroom.

p.

• 08-02-2007 7:46 AM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

I am truly happy with my BV1 (Link model) : it's in my bedroom and it's a model of discretion. It does the job real fine, the French version was fully geared (motorized, contrast screen, STBC), and I've never had any problems whatsoever with mine, only pure satisfaction. One thing though: black version is a dust lover Wink

One of the best looking CRTs B&O has ever made if you ask me, and so cheap when you look at the 2nd hand prices nowadays that it would a shame to dismiss the BV1 as an option in secondary rooms...

Philippe

• 08-02-2007 8:41 AM In reply to

Agree with all the others. Had mine a few years now.

No problems. Fantastic sound and very good picture.

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 08-02-2007 8:43 AM In reply to

Hi Mobe,

They are an excellent set with terrific picture and sound. They are excellent value for money at present,

Beware.......the masterlink socket does not necessarily mean that the ML board is fitted!!!!

Service could be expensive in the future as it is a replacement module scheme and one of the modules is enoooooormous!!!!

Regards Graham

• 08-02-2007 6:33 PM In reply to

Mobe i recommend you opt for either the tall floor stand or the wall bracket as although excellent build quality im not sure they are "mobe proof", you know what your likeBig SmileLaughing

a superb set, we are very pleased with ours, just make sure it has all the extras as youll find it really hard to get modules after, masterlink (as graham said some are dummy sockets) and motorstand are the 2 main ones

jay

jason

• 08-02-2007 6:45 PM In reply to

just though, check the motorstand runs smoothly and quitely as the inside main cog is softer aluminium than it could have been ,and can snap if forced, it can be replaced but a cost you dont need

jay

jason

• 08-02-2007 7:02 PM In reply to

jay:

Mobe i recommend you opt for either the tall floor stand or the wall bracket as although excellent build quality im not sure they are "mobe proof", you know what your likeBig SmileLaughing

a superb set, we are very pleased with ours, just make sure it has all the extras as youll find it really hard to get modules after, masterlink (as graham said some are dummy sockets) and motorstand are the 2 main ones

jay

Go for the ones with ML or the dummy sockets, typ 852X and 853X. it's easy to get the master link modul to ones with dummy sockets, it has STB-C and  "optional" Dolby 5.1 (AC3 and DTS), link modulator and master link

Beocenter 1 is very nice and a true B&O IMOWink

• 08-03-2007 3:45 AM In reply to

A BC1 has ended yesterday on german ebay, it went for only 860 Euros !!!!! In full working condition by the way.

Marcus 

• 08-03-2007 5:22 AM In reply to

@Jay - I think the term "mobe proof" should be followed with TM!!!!! but yeah, if I was to come into ownership of one, than the tall floorstand would be my next buy.... just finding one I suppouse!

@ Graham -  I have heard about these going wrong which is why I am a liitle cautious about buying one!

@ Marcus - Cannot believe how cheap some are going for.. a BV1 sold for under £300 last week!!! and yes it would be used in a second room etc..

Thanks for all input to date - see what happens! agree with all though, the picture is still fantastic, size is good considering what you get and when wall mounted or on the tall stand still looks stunning... I sooooooo want one now!

• 08-03-2007 5:40 AM In reply to

At the prices they are going for now I think it is worth taking the risk!

Regards Graham

• 08-03-2007 6:18 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

Just got one 4 weeks ago - as TV set for bedroom. I got it wall mounted. It is perfect! Very good sound and picture.

Watch out for Coated Glass - depending on your needs. It says COG on the sticker at the back...

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)