in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-19-2008 3:39 AM by pedrompinto. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-17-2008 6:20 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Re: A Mac Based Media Centre

I now have my Mac Mini hooked up to my projector, BeoSystem 5500 and all controlled with a wireless keyboard which includes a touchpad.  When I have some cash in a few months, I'm going to buy that hard drive and rip all my TV programmes from DVD to it, even if just to clear up some shelf space.  
  • 01-22-2008 9:39 AM In reply to

I have 1tb connected to my Mini with usb2.  LaCie makes fanless, low profile hard drives.  Mine actually sits on the shelf with my Beoport and is the same shade of black.  It's cool, actually.  I'll get a time capsule at some point but for now I've got the terabyte on my mini and another 1tb on my Powermac (G5).  It's all overkill but it's nice to not have to worry about it.

Heck, my Macbook has 320gb. 

• 02-17-2008 6:50 AM In reply to

pedrompinto:
    Hi,

As Francis already said the Mac Mini solution surely will suit your needs; i have this solution and i'm quite happy with it.

Solution:
    BV7-40 with a Mac Mini Connected via DVI with wireless access to the internet (using a router, of course) and a NAS (Network Area Storage), is a huge external disk (1 TB) where i have my files and can access it from my Mac mini or PC or whatever i want.

Hope that helps.

P.S. If you have any doubt concerning this kind of solutions just ask. :)

Hi Pedro

I am considering adding a macmini to my beo setup aswell. Maybe you can help me answering a few questions 

I have a BV 7-32 masterlinked to a BC 6-23 in my bedroom. The plan is to add the macmini in my livingroom.

First question is do you have link aswell and if so, do you also have access to your mac mini from your linktv?

second question is do you have any trouble with the setup what so ever. I mean issues with picture/sound on your BV etc.?

Your help will be greatly appreciated 

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 02-19-2008 3:39 AM In reply to

hi there m8

for the time being i just use my mac mini in my living room connected to my bv 7-40 mkII without any problem; everything runs smoothly.

if you want some help just send me a private message.

cheers. :)

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2