in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-30-2007 11:01 AM by Craig. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-29-2007 4:08 PM

What would happen if??????????????

I connected a Beosound 9000 Masterlink to a MC / MCL converter....then with MCL on to a  Beocenter 9500.... Could options be chosen to allow me to stand in front of one or the other and control the other one???

• 07-29-2007 4:11 PM In reply to

Re: What would happen if??????????????

Not listed in any B&O literature. What you need is someone to try! Or try yourself if you have the bits. I think the problem will end up being having two audio masters on one system and you will get an operation conflict which will make the system crash. But I have not tried it!
  • 07-29-2007 4:12 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Does the Masterlink guide not say anything about having two Masters in the same setup?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-29-2007 4:15 PM In reply to

I can't find anything anywhere saying we can't do this...i've got the stuff....do you think it would damage anything???

I don't see the Masterlink guide on the site....???

Also.... IS a Beolink Converter....just a MC / MCL without the amplifier section????? as usual...thanks..guys.!!

• 07-29-2007 4:22 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

No a Beolink converter has Masterlink and Datalink connections. Used to have one between my Beocenter 9000 and BV3-32. As far as I know the MC/MCL coverter is used when a Masterlink product is used on an existing MCL system. For example if you had an MCL with say a Beocenter 9000 then you cahnged it for a Beosound 9000. This would allow you connect the Beosound in place of the Beocenter.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-29-2007 4:28 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

The Mastelink Guide was available to download on the old site. Not sure if it on yet, just had a quick look but could not find it myself either. Drop me a PM with your e-mail address abd i will send you a copy.

CraigSmile

• 07-29-2007 4:50 PM In reply to

I'll put it on site - I'll just look for a spot!!
  • 07-29-2007 4:58 PM In reply to

Try here!
  • 07-29-2007 5:15 PM In reply to

I'm trying to get my head around just why you would want to do this????

Regards Graham

• 07-29-2007 5:29 PM In reply to

Hi Graham.... thanks...here's the deal...i've got

FLOOR 1  ROOM 1    

1) AV 7000 to Converter to Masterlink distribution box

2) ML Distribution box out to Beosound 9000 and Active kit (FLOOR 1 ROOM 2).

FLOOR 1 ROOM 2

1) Active kit plus 2 active speakers.

FLOOR 2   ROOM 3

1) Beocenter 9500 plus 2 active speakers

FLOOR 2    ROOM 4

1) Passive kit....2 passive speakers..

I'm somehow wanting to interconnect FLOOR 1 with FLOOR 2.....and be able to, for instance...stand on FLOOR 2 and use the remote control and change CD's and Radio on FLOOR 1 Beosound 9000....and listen to that music....through the speakers connected to the Beocenter 9500 and the Passive (Both on FLOOR 2).....

For a whole house effect...while maintaining the local Beocenter 9500 when I want to just listen to that music...

Thanks for listening (reading) to my project....

• 07-29-2007 6:01 PM In reply to

But you have a CD and radio in the 9500, why not use that????

Regards Graham

• 07-29-2007 6:07 PM In reply to

I'm wanting the same music throughout the entire house at times.....like parties...hahaha

• 07-30-2007 11:01 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

mecca:

I'm wanting the same music throughout the entire house at times.....like parties...hahaha

If you connect the Aux socket of the BS9000 to the Aux of the Beocenter 9500. This would allow you to have the same music on both systems. However you will have no control of one from the other. Had a similar setup with my old Beocenter 9000 some years ago. In the spare Bedroom I had my PC, which was connected to a Beomaster 2000. There was a feed from this to my Beocenter 9000 in the Living Room. This allowed me to put together a playlist of tracks on Beoplayer and listen to them in the Bedroom and Living Room at the same time. Hope this helps.

CraigSmile

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

mecca:

If you connect the Aux socket of the BS9000 to the Aux of the Beocenter 9500. This would allow you to have the same music on both systems. However you will have no control of one from the other. Had a similar setup with my old Beocenter 9000 some years ago. In the spare Bedroom I had my PC, which was connected to a Beomaster 2000. There was a feed from this to my Beocenter 9000 in the Living Room. This allowed me to put together a playlist of tracks on Beoplayer and listen to them in the Bedroom and Living Room at the same time. Hope this helps.

CraigSmile

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

mecca:

CraigSmile

• 07-30-2007 11:34 AM In reply to

Thanks.....so if I connect these in this way....I could hear the music BOTH WAYS???

From Beocenter 9500 to BS9000 and the other way too???

Thanks,,

• 07-30-2007 11:50 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Yes, you just need a 5 pin DIN to 5 pin DIN cable. Then if you pres Aux on the Beocenter 9500 you should have what is playing on the Beosound 9000, and visa versa.

CraigSmile

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)