in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-30-2007 2:38 AM by Frank Rizzo. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-28-2007 1:14 PM

ML / MCL strange ....

After looking at the MC / MCL converter and it's connections, i found and bought one on Ebay...  I intend on running a connection from a Beocenter 9500 (would that be Powerlink or Datalink??) to the MC / MCL....

Then Connecting an IR (hockey puck) to the IR connection and connecting Passive speakers to it....

Basically, using the MC / MCL converter as a Passive off the Beocenter 9500....

Question is, 1) will this work? and 2) What connection do i make off the 9500??  The Powerlink 1 or 2 or AUX link??

THanks, K

• 07-28-2007 1:22 PM In reply to

Re: ML / MCL strange ....

OH...the strange thing to me...is in the Handbook for the MC / MCL...converter...it has a Powerlink connection over to an old style MCL eye......and box...

Strange to me is why not just hook a new style IR round eye to the IR connection of the MC / MCL....just doesn't make sense...

• 07-28-2007 6:36 PM In reply to

Re: MC / MCL strange ....

Hi Mecca

The thing you look at in the handbook is the old MCL Link connection, where you have a box (1 or more) connected to the speaker out on the ML/mcl converter,and then to link rooms, up to 6 as i recall. Speaker and Ir eye is connected to the little box instead.

If you connect the Ir eye directly to the converter it becomes a beolink passive instead and will only work in 1 link room with Passive speakers..

• 07-28-2007 6:38 PM In reply to

ahhhhh...thanks...got it.....
  • 07-30-2007 2:38 AM In reply to

So practically.....I can take a Powerlink (say Powerlink 2) off the Beocenter 9500 and run it to the ML / MCL converter....and just use it as a passive, yes???  (with an IR eye).

thanks...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)