in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-31-2010 9:44 AM by pf85. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (23 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-27-2007 1:27 PM

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Keith Saunders

I think this guy is working tirelessly behind the scenes of Beoworld and should be commended. He jumps in using his vast knowledge and extreme helpfulness to any slight technical query. Invaluable.  God knows what his PM inbox is like.

I will ask though...if you are new to Beoworld it's always helpful to others to post your query in the main forum. Not only will you get friendly replies but it's interesting to others should they ever have a similar problem. I'm always keen to learn more.

Was Keith on the old forum? Using the same name? Probably was but I have a memory like a sieve.

Anyway. Heads up to you Keith, you'll never have to buy a round.Beer Sorry if this causes embarrassment in any wayBig Smile

Steve

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 07-27-2007 1:31 PM In reply to

Re: Keith Saunders

I agree! A real star and a huge asset to Beoworld! So a big thanks to Keith!
  • 07-27-2007 1:51 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I couldn't agree more!

At the time of writing he has made 411 posts and I cannot remember a single one of these where he hasn't been helping someone else. I'll drink to you tonight KeithBig SmileBeer

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-27-2007 2:23 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Agreed! Incredibly helpful always, and very very knowledgeable!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-27-2007 2:52 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Party!!!Party!!! KEITH SAUNDERS!!Party!!!Party!!!

Especially helpfull with Beocom questions

BeerBeer

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-27-2007 3:18 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

A true B&O genius Yes -  thumbs up
  • 07-27-2007 3:32 PM In reply to

• Beowulf
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Derbyshire
    • Posts 143
    • Bronze Member

Well I would happily raise a glass to Keith for all the help he has given me, cheers mate! Beer

Dave 

Beowulf

• 07-27-2007 4:25 PM In reply to

• Tibor
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Budapest, Hungary
    • Posts 36
    • Founder

Fully agree ! Thanks, Keith !

Usually I just read his comments, but I could learn a lot ! Sorry, I did not reply to those comments...

So - IMHO - he is the person whom is reasonable to listen to !!!

Tibor

Next step: BV7-40 or BS3 with projector ?

• 07-27-2007 5:05 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Agreed, 

Keith, my MVP (most valuable player).  Thanks.

Ray 

• 07-27-2007 6:35 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Agree!

Keith, the coach of the beoworld all star team! Yes -  thumbs up

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 07-27-2007 6:38 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Was Keith on the old Forum?  I am amazed at his depth of knowledge when it comes to B&O. Another one who raises a glass to Keith.

CraigSmile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-28-2007 2:09 AM In reply to

Well, its very kind of you all to make those nice comments, I don't know what to say really, except thank you very much.

If I can help someone, I will, particularly on a subjects I know well like B&O products. I enjoy investigating the technical detail and problem solving and by education I am an electronics and computer design engineer, but I do not do that today as a income earning job, but that is my passion.

I first got into real problem solving 35 years ago and went on a Kepner Tregoe training programme and on the first morning there was details and picture of a donut making machine pinned to the wall and we were told that it had a fault and the problem statement is "Intermittently the machine produces square donuts" you must find the fault. The instructor stated that he is fully trained on the product, but cannot find the problem and we had to ask him questions to narrow down the problem, well we did not manage to fix it on the first day, but after two weeks of the programme we knew what to ask. I still use these principles in my everyday life and they have worked well for me in helping myself and others.

Thanks to everyone who provided such nice feedback, its made my day.

Regards Keith....

• 07-28-2007 4:26 AM In reply to

Stonk you beat me to this thread! I was intending to say thank you to Keith for his input on the email I sent him, and by no means am I any excpetion. I see him hands dirty and sweaty forehead on every occasion I pop into the Workshop! He's usually dressed in a black tuxedo when I see him in General! Cool
  • 01-30-2010 11:44 AM In reply to

thanks for all your input Keith.  i've read many of your posts and they saved me visits to the B&O after service store which, here in Seoul, is a big pain (and frankly not as informative as your posts).

BS1 x 2, BS 3, BS4, BS2000 x 3, BS2300, BS4000, BS9000, BL4, BL 4000 x 2, BL8000 x 2, BL2500 x 2, BL2000, Beocom 2, Beocom 6000 x 4, Beocom 1401 x 4, Beocom 1600 x 2, Beocom 2500 x 4, Beotalk 1200, A9 Keyring, Beo4 x 8, Beotime, Bottle Opener

2011 Wish List: BL3500, BL6000, BL5, BL9, active link, BS5, Beo5

• 01-30-2010 12:01 PM In reply to

Keith is this guy, but in real life!

He is indeed an unbelievable  asset to this site, and to solving my B&O problems.

Thanks Keith!

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-30-2010 12:15 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

I couldn't agree more.
    And you should know how much he solves backstage !

Martin

• 01-30-2010 2:09 PM In reply to

Three cheers for Keith!

Hasn't B&O tried to poach you?Smile

• 01-30-2010 7:48 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

A realy good thread and idea!

Keith, thank you for your competent help!

You should work official for Bang & Olufsen :-)

• 01-31-2010 4:33 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Not it that would mean losing him from Beoworld !

Martin

• 01-31-2010 4:33 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Who is Keith Saunders??

Wink

• 01-31-2010 5:49 AM In reply to

I will certainly agree with all of you.

Cheers to Keith Saunders.

I would really pay….for him to setup My Beoliving system….anytime..

Laughing Laughing 

-Dimitris

• 01-31-2010 7:30 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:

I first got into real problem solving 35 years ago and went on a Kepner Tregoe training programme and on the first morning there was details and picture of a donut making machine pinned to the wall and we were told that it had a fault and the problem statement is "Intermittently the machine produces square donuts" you must find the fault. The instructor stated that he is fully trained on the product, but cannot find the problem and we had to ask him questions to narrow down the problem, well we did not manage to fix it on the first day, but after two weeks of the programme we knew what to ask. I still use these principles in my everyday life and they have worked well for me in helping myself and others.

Hi Keith

May I add my thanks to your contributions in front of and behind the scenes. I am in awe of your knowledge.

It did strike me that it was on a problem solving course it took two weeks to find out which questions to ask to identify the fault. I couldn't help think that if it was a marketing course, it would have taken 20 minutes to design a sign offering square donuts at a premium price as they were "limited edition" Big Smile

Long may you reign

Regards

Opman

• 01-31-2010 9:44 AM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

This thread really strikes a cord in many ways.

- First of all, my hats off to Keith. He like many others are providing outstanding input on many issues related to B&O, not the least great problem solving support

- Secondly, the official B&O webside could take a slice out of Beoworld as to how to answer questions from a "heavily invested" ownerbase without resorting to carefully vetted marketing lingo...i.e. providing straight talk and answers...

Page 1 of 1 (23 items)