in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-30-2007 11:52 AM by beo4me. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2007 3:35 PM

connecting a sacd (sony) to BV7

I have been given a Sony SACD player, and thought that it must be possible to connecct it to the BV7.  Dealer didnt know, but a quick call to B&O technical and apparantly I can use the AV connections - does any one know how?
  • 07-26-2007 7:31 PM In reply to

Re: connecting a sacd (sony) to BV7

Everything I have read on SACD seemed to indicate that a direct connection was needed to the individual speakers and that connecting to a Beovision was not possible. If there is a way to do so I would very much like to know about. It was about a year ago or more that I researched it so maybe it has changed. We have an Avant and Beolab 9s and are considering a Beovision 7. I would really like to hear SACD through the 9s.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 07-29-2007 4:46 PM In reply to

Most SACDs provide two formats: DSD-Stereo and DSD-5.1 multi channel (many disks are so called "hybrid" disks that provide a standard CD layer also). On the other hand there are SACD players avaiable that support both stereo and 5.1 multi channel as well as many players that support bare stereo. Any SACD player can be connected to a B&O system however it will be restricted to stereo has the B&O systems do not provide analogue multi channel inputs. You just have to connect the stereo output of the SACD player to the AUX (or SCART) input of your B&O system.

Hagen

• 07-30-2007 11:52 AM In reply to

Connecting the player via SCART might require a Cinch to SCART Adapter. That's the way I have connected my DVD-A player: LR-Cinch + FBAS -> Adapter -> SCART. I only have 2 channel, not surround, but the quality is top-notch when you have good cables and adapter.

Frank 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)