in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-20-2011 6:44 PM by davidhopkins. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2007 3:14 PM

Help my Beo4 work with my sky box!

We have just bought a used beovision 3 (instead of getting that HD stuff) and had it installed by B&O, who linked everything up, including the sky box which (then) worked on the Beo4 remote.
    It was fine for a few weeks then it started playing up. The Beo4 has no control over the sky box.
    The only thing that could be fragile is the remote command which is stuck to the front of the skybox.
    If anyone has got any guesses...

Thanks.

Filed under:
  • 07-26-2007 3:19 PM In reply to

Re: Help my Beo4 work with my sky box!

Try unsticking from front of sky box and leave it dangling in front of sky box infra-red reciever. This is the only way mine will work.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 07-26-2007 3:29 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Very precise positioning of the sticky thing is important. Trial and error with two people.
    Get someone to repeatedly press a number while you move it about. Make sure you pressed Sat or DTV  first!

By the way, Welcome Beoworld!Big Smile

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-26-2007 3:29 PM In reply to

It is likely to be the placement of the IR blaster. A two man job! One to press the button and the other to move the IR blaster to the right place!!
  • 07-26-2007 3:30 PM In reply to

Snap!! Laughing
  • 07-26-2007 3:33 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Great minds.........

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-26-2007 4:34 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Have you tried rebooting your sky box. Mine has a habit of locking up from time to time. Just unplug it leave for 10 seconds and then plug it back in. Never had any problems with the position of the blaster.

CraigSmile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 11-20-2011 6:44 PM In reply to

Hi guys, im new here so bear with me. i got a beovision 9 with sky+hd about 2 years ago, all installed by b&o. beo4 remote worked fine with the sky box up until recently when it just stopped controlling the box, though its. i've had to revert to using the sky remote on the box seperately. i have tried plugging the box out completely and removing all previous stored settings but same result. any help is much appreciated.

thanks

david

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)